Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:30:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't care! Keep your bloody war out of my house!

Started by Rev+, March 23, 2024, 10:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

What was that from?  Late 90s/early 2000s - ITV or possible BBC, and featured in trailers for QUALITY DRAMA, awards submissions, all that.  One scene, on TV all the time in various formats, and it completely put me off watching whatever the show was. 

madhair60

Glebe

touchingcloth

It was Michael Morpurgo's War Horse 2: Keep Your Bloody War Out of My Horse.

Senior Baiano

touchingcloth

I was was down Dnipro the other day attacking doing some de-Nazifying, and Putin had only bloody sent Hugh Laurie along to help keep up morale, but it was a distraction more than anything so I called Vlad up and shouted "oi! Keep your bloody House out of my war!"

Psybro

The Netflix preview for Legends of the Fall (1994) has a very similar line, but American, but delivered by Anthony Hopkins

touchingcloth

I've only seen LotF once, and the main things I remember are a) Hopkins giving the broadest performance of all time as a pissed mentalist, and b) Brad Pitt punching a bear.

Rev+

It was definitely a thing, this.  Awards and everything.

Mister Six

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 31, 2024, 11:57:07 PMHopkins giving the broadest performance of all time

That could be any number of films, the hammy old fuck.

JesusAndYourBush

Reminds me of when I was a kid my brother was obsessed with army and had action men and an action man tank and an army suit and toy guns etc and we were leaving the house in an hour to set off on a family holiday and my brother wanted to take a load of his army stuff on holiday and had tried to sneak a load of stuff into one of the suitcases and my mum erupted and shouted "CAN YOU JUST LEAVE BLOODY ARMY AT HOME FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!"