Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do We Have Any Published Writers On The Forum? (2022 edition)

Started by Ray Travez, May 27, 2022, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 06, 2023, 10:51:24 PMFor a kid's comic there's quite a lot of political jibes in Doomlord, and some commentary on how we're fucking up the environment that surprised me given that it was published in the early eighties.

I remember one scene where the leader of some corporation is on a talk show on television.  The interviewed produces a vessel filled with effluent his company has pumped into waterways and blindsides him with evidence of corporate malpractice, whereupon the man kills himself by drinking the chemical waste the other man placed before him.

The first series taught me properly for the first time what the United Nations was, as there's a part where Doomlord ends up there in the body of someone he has slain.

madhair60

my book went up on Amazon yesterday and immediately sold out, and I know it's not an error because I've seen peoples' pre order fulfilments

fucking hell!!

Toki

My copy arrived a couple of days ago from LRG. Really enjoying it, have to force myself to take regular breaks so I don't finish it too soon. I think I'll return to it regularly, in particular as a reference for games to get in the future, but I want to savour my first read through. Even Toki gets a mention! I agree with everything you say about it, but I chose it as a username because I couldn't remember the name of Bonk's Adventure. If I could go back in time, I'd be known as Bonk. Back on point, love the book and looking forward to more Video World.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: madhair60 on October 27, 2023, 12:46:44 AMmy book went up on Amazon yesterday and immediately sold out, and I know it's not an error because I've seen peoples' pre order fulfilments

fucking hell!!

That's awesome news, congrats Madhair, I'm really so pleased for you!

13 schoolyards

Quote from: madhair60 on October 27, 2023, 12:46:44 AMmy book went up on Amazon yesterday and immediately sold out, and I know it's not an error because I've seen peoples' pre order fulfilments

fucking hell!!

Excellent news, congrats! Time to get the presses rolling on a second printing

madhair60

anyroad there's a CaB affiliate link now so if anyone is interested in my egregiously overpriced book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1955183260/cab-21/

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: madhair60 on October 27, 2023, 08:43:43 AManyroad there's a CaB affiliate link now so if anyone is interested in my egregiously overpriced book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1955183260/cab-21/

Just wanted to send you a big congratulations! One day, when you're rich and famous, I can say I knew Madhair when he was just a poster on a tinpot comedy forum... and he was a cu--

Seriously, though, congrats. Well deserved.

Ferris

Small Man Big Horse

My Kickstarter campaign ends on Friday and it's been doing really, and has just past the £600 mark, which should hopefully mean Cancer Research will get at least £470 (depending on Kickstarter fees and publishing costs). I'm hoping that target might go up a little bit though and am doing one more PR push, and on that note, just in case you've ever wanted to see the comedian Ian Lane in the bath (though sadly it's not one which is rolling down a hill), I thought I'd post the first five pages here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alexfinch/the-chefs-of-death-issue-1