Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Head of CIA Resigns

Started by Kingboy_D, June 03, 2004, 04:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingboy_D

Sorry for the lazy post, but gotta be first!

QuoteCIA chief George Tenet steps down
CIA director George Tenet has tendered his resignation to the White House, citing "personal reasons".
President George W Bush told reporters he had accepted Mr Tenet's resignation as head of the US intelligence agency.

"I told him I'm sorry he's leaving. He's done a suberb job on behalf of the American people," Mr Bush said.

Mr Tenet will stay in the post until mid-July. After that, the deputy director will serve as acting director until a replacement is found.

Has Tenet fallen on his sword to save Bush?

smoker

that would be a very noble thing to do, if it wasn't bush

could be his personal reasons are he's sick to fucking death of all the lies and idiocy coming out of the white house and dick chency trying to do his job for him

pillockandtwat

I talked about this in another thread - CIA  vs Bush administration infighting already begun.

Kingboy_D

Think Poppy will get his old job back? ;-)

Kingboy_D

Quote from: "pillockandtwat"I talked about this in another thread - CIA  vs Bush administration infighting already begun.

I know what you mean. The job of the CIA is to bring the president facts on what is really happening in the world. During the cold war they portrayed the Soviets as nation with a poor economy struggling to keep up in the arms race, not an evil monolith out to steal your soul and nuke your daughter.  Bush treats the CIA the same way he treats climate scientists; "support my worldview or I'll get someone else who will". You'll recall the fiasco with the Nigerian Uranium, which Tenet also took the blame for, despite the fact he had the 'fact' cut from a previous speech because, well, it simply wasn't true.

Cheney also appears to treat the CIA as rubber stamp boys to authorise whatever neocon fantasy he feels fit;

QuoteCheney 'put pressure on CIA' to back his opinions

A war of words in Washington over Iraq's weapons of mass destruction deepened yesterday.

Unnamed sources accused senior Pentagon officials of treating intelligence analysts with "contempt", and accused Dick Cheney, the vice-president, of pressuring the CIA to tailor its output to fit his hawkish view of the world.

The latest round of leaks came a day after the Pentagon staged its own public relations offensive, ridiculing claims that it had set up a secret intelligence cell in competition with the CIA, or pressured analysts to come up with reasons to go to war.

An unnamed senior CIA official told the Washington Post that Mr Cheney paid "multiple" visits to the agency's headquarters over the past year, leaving some analysts with the feeling they were being pressured to find evidence of banned weapons in Iraq, or links between Saddam Hussein and al-Qa'eda.

Other serving and retired defence officials alleged that, starting on the very day of the September 11 attacks, Paul Wolfowitz, the deputy defence secretary, "browbeat" intelligence analysts into investigating claims that Iraq was involved.

However, the Pentagon said this week that many of the conspiracy theories swirling around Washington were simply wrong, and at times comically so.

I'll be very interested to see who takes up the reigns after Tenet. Somone infinitaly more maleable, I'll wager.

Pinball

Another step towards totalitarianism. The strategy seems to be - if you don't like the data, get another spymeister to make it up for you. At least Tenet had the decency to resign - something that charlatan immoral Bush would never do (nor Blair for that matter).

Still, at least Bush is likely to lose the presidential elections, thank God :-)))

The CIA are lovely people, they just love the satanic ritual abuse of children.

But of course satanic ritual abuse doesnt exist, so theres no need to look into it, or worry about it.  If you dont have children you shouldnt care anyway as it shouldnt concern you.

Kingboy_D

Second CIA chief expected to resign.

My theory;

There will be a war in Iran withing the next 18 months. Cheney has asked the CIA to fabricate more evidence. The CIA chiefs told Cheney to fuck himself.

Care to back me up here king mob ;o) You know what I'm talking about.