Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,780
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PC TV help

Started by Bernard, June 03, 2004, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernard

Sometimes people seem to post some nice TV screen captures.

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend (or not) a TV card that doesn't fuck up your Windows OS. I'm looking for a digital one, and the Nebula-electronics.com seems pretty good?

Any replies much appreciated. Unless, of course, you just make fun of my shite name.

Bernard

Please ignore the question mark above that gives the impression I'm French.

Cerys

Are you French?  Just wondering if your name is pronounced 'Bernard' or 'Bernard'.

I clearly have nothing better to do right now.  Hey ho.

MojoJojo

Most of the cheaper cards are more or less identical, hardware wise.
Software wise... hmmm, none of them have great software as far as I am aware... I got a VisionPlus DVB-T card, channel changing was slow, insisted on ordering channels by multiplex (confusing), couldn't switch aspect ration when a channel changed from widescreen and back again buggy etc... Also the teletext/Program guide were screwy...

Before I go on with this, are you looking at an analogue or digital card?

Bernard

Nah, it's my user ID only thank god.

I'm not Welsh either, even if I live in Mid Glamorgan, neighbour! And I know a Carys too (which OK is not exactly your name).

Bernard

A digital TV card. Thanks.

MojoJojo

I did try and find some decent windows software before I put my card in a linux box (mplayer which works great by the way). The main problem is the software is either: A)extremely expensive  B)works with 1 or 2 specific cards.

I think the Nebula cards are quite popular. Have a google and see if you can find any good share/free ware for it, and whether people like that software.
From the reviews I read, the software that comes with most cards is pretty shit.