Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

fortnite

Started by madhair60, December 05, 2023, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

any of you cunts play fortnite. I saw they added Peter Griffin to the game so I feverishly downloaded it, and now I'm addicted

Lemming

Fartshite

Fortnite was thrust upon me when my friend wanted me to virtually babysit his daughter by staying up and playing it online with her in "duos" mode. Triple win streak right off the bat, first fucking try, friend's daughter in absolute awe, master gamer.

Never got above #6th place in any of the twenty or so rounds since. There's an Unreal Tournament reference in one of the maps, a picture of Facing Worlds, to remind you of better days.

QDRPHNC

My kid has been shouting at it all day because they changed the way the character controls or something?

I miss PUBG.

madhair60

I like how a lot of the players are kids and cack at games so I just rinse them

Tokyo van Ramming

I play it. The OG season previous to this one was good nostalgic fun, and it's generally been a valuable distraction from work at the end of the day. I play with a mate and I'm really glad we have it.

New season seems a lot more contemporary and bland, and it's gone game mode mental now; there's a Lego mode where you build and occupy a Sims-like world, a Rocket League racing mode, and a Guitar Hero type mode. Not interested in any of that and the core game has changed so much I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it. I can't remember who it was but someone on here said a while ago that they play, could be interesting to get a game together. Hit me up I guess!

Vodkafone

Quote from: madhair60 on December 05, 2023, 07:41:53 AMI like how a lot of the players are kids and cack at games so I just rinse them

Tokyo van Ramming

Barry Admin

Updated it to try out the Lego mode.

The BR mode is okay, especially now they have a "no build" mode.  I've got back into Apex again though, so tend to stick with that.  Far superior movement and gunplay.

The Guppy

The new updates are very ambitious/terrifying. Pulling multiple genres under the Fortnite umbrella and doing them well.

The Lego game is a nice Minecrafty thing but it still feels like Fortnite. The racing and rhythm games though... Tim Epic is building a Metaverse in a way Zuckerberg could only dream of.

I don't like the BR mode, or the gaudiness of the whole package. But my niece loves it, and when she was at mine t'other day she signed in to several of my PlayStation accounts so she could win at BR (because each account starts at rank 1 against small children and idiots). By doing that I saw her come first against 99 people four times in a couple of hours.

The racing game is fucking good. Everyone should try it.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I don't know about what Fortnite is but my guess is as follows:

There are a load of people and there is the GOOD lot and the BAD lot. They fight each of the other in a big cartoon crazy land with guns and flying but HERE's The TWAST - bothe the GOOD lot and the BAD lot are a combination of crazy people, there are princess people and ninjas and banana people and big furry foxes and robot men and crazy cool chicken zombies and crazy fuckers who look like funny weird thing and there is a guy who is all pink like a hippo and they all fight and shoot at each other. Kids like it because you can be one or any of these crazy cartoon cunts and because it is multiplayer and you can join in and have fun with all the cool teenage racists you want to so it is fun.

I will now look it up and see how correct this is/was

EDIT: just looked it up and I am basically correct about everything

Barry Admin

Just tried BR again, the controls never quite click for me. Hate the UI too.

And third person mode is annoying.

Wish I enjoyed this more really. They put out some great content.

druss

Is it as good as Starsiege Tribes?

oggyraiding

Do not like the build mechanics, but I find it most fun of all the BRs I've played (Warzone, Apex, Fortnite). Obviously there's loads of wacky shit, but find the way they have story/semi-single player content that you engage with during a normal BR match very interesting. Also it's refreshingly simple compared to WZ or Apex, there aren't tons of movement mechanics or loadouts.

The Martin Luther King level was ill advised.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I tried playing it once. I came down in a hand glider and then got stuck in some sort of encroaching mist thing and kept dying.

madhair60

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on December 10, 2023, 12:09:42 AMI don't know about what Fortnite is but my guess is as follows:

There are a load of people and there is the GOOD lot and the BAD lot. They fight each of the other in a big cartoon crazy land with guns and flying but HERE's The TWAST - bothe the GOOD lot and the BAD lot are a combination of crazy people, there are princess people and ninjas and banana people and big furry foxes and robot men and crazy cool chicken zombies and crazy fuckers who look like funny weird thing and there is a guy who is all pink like a hippo and they all fight and shoot at each other. Kids like it because you can be one or any of these crazy cartoon cunts and because it is multiplayer and you can join in and have fun with all the cool teenage racists you want to so it is fun.

it's really weird that you pretended not to know anything about fortnite for no reason

Thursday

It's CaB we're supposed to put on a persona of being curmudgeonly and out of touch and hating all new things, because they must be bad because they're new and appeal to younger people.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Can you do any of the cunty little dances? Big part of the game apparently.

Shaxberd

Fortnite baffles me a little.

I thought it was just a battle royale game but there's like six other modes and every TV character you've heard of and Joe Biden did a rally there at one point. I think it has tools for users to build their own games in it as well. It sounds like the kind of vaguely defined, over ambitious thing I would have come up when I was 10 and kept a little notebook of ideas for video games I would make when I was a grown-up.

At any rate, it shits on the metaverse just by dint of being popular and having a variety of things to do. And I believe they had legs right from day one.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: madhair60 on December 13, 2023, 02:23:26 PMit's really weird that you pretended not to know anything about fortnite for no reason

Yeah sorry about that I was fucked on drugs (alcohol is a drug)

madhair60

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on December 13, 2023, 04:53:00 PMYeah sorry about that I was fucked on drugs (alcohol is a drug)

sright pal your still me mate

Papa Wheelie

I enjoy playing it with my nephew but the building is confusing?

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Papa Wheelie on December 13, 2023, 07:39:03 PMI enjoy playing it with my nephew but the building is confusing?

All the old gits are on Zero Build now, it's so easy! Point and shoot and collect your loot

I started with my nephews too, and they ditched me. Now I'm stuck

Cuellar

Chollis

i play Apex like a grown up

Barry Admin

Bored of Apex again already as the two newest maps are huge, and you just spend 20 minutes looting which is boring AF.

So it's nice to dip back into this and piss around on motorbikes and shit. Haven't a clue of what much does, so I'm exploring the NPC areas in zero build and just having fun exploring.

RetroRobot

Missus loves it, new modes got me into it, now I unironically love the no build mode too. Proper chunky impactful gunplay plus I can play as Peter Griffin (well I can't yet as I haven't unlocked him but I'm cloooose.)

No idea why I put off playing for so long, but thanks Mrs RetroRobot for getting me into it cheers xoxo

PlanktonSideburns

I don't know about what Fortnite is but my guess is as follows:

Fortnite is an online video game and game platform developed by Epic Games and released in 2017. It is available in six distinct game mode versions that otherwise share the same general gameplay and game engine: Fortnite Battle Royale, a free-to-play battle royale game in which up to 100 players fight to be the last person standing; Fortnite: Save the World, a cooperative hybrid tower defense-shooter and survival game in which up to four players fight off zombie-like creatures and defend objects with traps and fortifications they can build; and Fortnite Creative, in which players are given complete freedom to create worlds and battle arenas, Lego Fortnite, Rocket Racing and Fortnite Festival.

Save the World and Battle Royale were released in 2017 as early access titles, while Creative was released on December 6, 2018. While the Save the World and Creative versions have been successful for Epic Games, Fortnite Battle Royale in particular became an overwhelming success and a cultural phenomenon, drawing more than 125 million players in less than a year, earning hundreds of millions of dollars per month. Fortnite as a whole generated $9 billion in gross revenue up until December 2019.

Save the World is available for macOS,[c] PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One, while Battle Royale and Creative were released for all those platforms, and also for Android and iOS devices[c] and Nintendo Switch. The game also launched with the release of the ninth-generation PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles. Furthermore, Lego Fortnite, Rocket Racing and Fortnite Festival are releasing on all available platforms.

Fortnite is distributed as six different game modes, using the same engine; each has similar graphics and art assets.

Fortnite: Save the World is a player-versus-environment cooperative game, with four players collaborating towards a common objective on various missions. The game is set after a fluke storm appears across Earth, causing 98% of the population to disappear, and the survivors to be attacked by zombie-like "husks". The players take the role of commanders of home base shelters, collecting resources, saving survivors, and defending equipment that helps to either collect data on the storm or to push back the storm. From missions, players are awarded a number of in-game items, which include hero characters, weapon and trap schematics, and survivors, all of which can be leveled up through gained experience to improve their attributes.
    Fortnite Battle Royale is a player-versus-player game for up to 100 players, allowing one to play alone, in a duo, or in a squad (usually consisting of three or four players). Weaponless players airdrop from a "Battle Bus" that crosses the game's map. When they land, they must scavenge for weapons, items, resources, and even vehicles while trying to stay alive and to attack and eliminate other players. Over the course of a round, the safe area of the map shrinks down in size due to an incoming toxic storm; players outside that threshold take damage and can be eliminated if they fail to quickly evacuate. This forces remaining players into tighter spaces and encourages player encounters. The last player, duo, or squad remaining is the winner.
    Fortnite Creative is a sandbox game mode, in which players are given complete freedom to spawn any item from the Battle Royale gamemode on a personal island, and can create games such as battle arenas, race courses, platforming challenges, and more. Furthermore, it also supports Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN), which allows players to edit worlds using Fortnite assets.
    Lego Fortnite is a survival sandbox game, where players play as Lego Minifig versions of characters, as they collect materials, build various buildings, craft various weapons and tools and fight against monsters.
    Rocket Racing is a racing game, serving as a spin-off title to Rocket League, which also use cross-game support for cosmetics related to cars.
    Fortnite Festival is a rhythm game developed by Harmonix, where players play hit songs from hit artists, such as Eminem and The Weeknd, as they hit notes to the rhythm in the Main Stage on one of the four unique parts: Lead, Guitar/Bass, Drums and Vocals.[4] It also supports creating jams, using any part of any song in the Jam Stage, as well as Battle Royale and Creative.

Players can use their pickaxe to knock down existing structures on the map to collect basic resources that are wood, brick, and metal. Subsequently, in all modes, the player can use these materials to build fortifications, such as walls, floors, and stairs. Such fortification pieces can be edited to add things like windows or doors. The materials used have different durability properties and can be updated to stronger variants using more materials of the same type. Within Save the World this enables players to create defensive fortifications around an objective or trap-filled tunnels to lure husks through. In Battle Royale, this provides the means to quickly traverse the map, protect oneself from enemy fire, or to delay an advancing foe. Players are encouraged to be very inventive in designing their fortifications in Creative.

While the other modes are free-to-play, Save the World is pay-to-play.[5] The games are monetized through the use of V-Bucks, in-game currency that can be purchased with real-world funds, but also earned through completing missions and other achievements in Save the World.[6] In other modes, V-Bucks can be used to buy cosmetic items such as character models or the game's battle pass, a tiered progression of customization rewards for gaining experience and completing certain objectives during the course of a Battle Royale season.[7][8]

shoulders

Quote from: madhair60 on December 05, 2023, 07:41:53 AMI like how a lot of the players are kids and cack at games so I just rinse them

I cut out the middle man and uppercut children in the jaw as they pass me on the street.

El Unicornio, mang

Kids around the world went into meltdown on Thurs night when the servers went down for a few hours*. People literally posting on twitter saying they were crying and shaking because of it. Even my friends who I saw last night said their kids were in tears. I've never played it, sounds horribly addictive.

*also affected me as it was Epic Games so I couldn't get into Unreal Engine.

PlanktonSideburns

Imagine Shoulders trying to play Fortnite

Tiny switch controller slipping in his sweating hands

Every fibre of his being repulsed by the bright colours and unabashed dancing and tossed off cultural references, OF WHICH MOST PEOPLE PROBABLY DON'T EVEN REMEMBER OR KNOW ABOUT

Nephews gone quiet. They know they've fucked up here, uncle's having a funny turn