Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Oliver

Been at my nans all week and she's has AEW on occasionally. Had no idea ITV were showing this. So cool. I've just checked their roster and they've got some big names on there. Christian is probably my favourite from his time in the WWE, does he still wrestle or is he more a backstage guy now?

Magnum Valentino

I'm after watching Austin's really good interview with Cody on Broken Skull Sessions, one of the best in ages, and feel really compelled to wonder - WILL Cody ever be WWE champion?

I can't imagine it was a condition of his return - he doesn't seem like the kind who would insist on such a thing, and even if he did, it wouldn't feel like he'd earned it if it was contractual, and he really seems intent on earning it.

letsgobrian

Quote from: Lost Oliver on May 21, 2022, 10:00:27 AMBeen at my nans all week and she's has AEW on occasionally. Had no idea ITV were showing this. So cool. I've just checked their roster and they've got some big names on there. Christian is probably my favourite from his time in the WWE, does he still wrestle or is he more a backstage guy now?

He's only done 3 matches this year, but there's a very slow burn happening with him turning on Jungle Boy, so you've got that feud to look forward to once Jurassic Express drop the tag titles.

Ja'moke

Red Velvet had her best match on Rampage against Statlander. She works so much better as a heel.

Jade v Anna Jay at the ppv came out of nowhere, but I guess was due to the Shida/Statlander change. No complaints though, the last Jade v Anna match was both of their best match.

Psybro

Lmao why does TK hate the TNT title so much

I will never not find Jade's "Tony, cut the shit" catchphrase funny.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Psybro on May 22, 2022, 01:34:59 AMLmao why does TK hate the TNT title so much

Was it Cody's baby and he doesn't really care about it? Anyway, they've already announced 10(!) matches for the PPV, so at least it looks like it won't smear any of it's shit on there. Hopefully by All Out it will have moved onto someone unrelated with this feud.

Psybro

Their PPVs have gotten too long, but with this one being on a Sunday night I'm going to end up watching it in multiple sittings during the week anyway.

Ja'moke

They only do four PPVs a year, so I'm fine with a 4 hour main show and 1 hour pre-show. If it was that every month, it'd get tiring.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 22, 2022, 12:56:58 PMWas it Cody's baby and he doesn't really care about it? Anyway, they've already announced 10(!) matches for the PPV, so at least it looks like it won't smear any of it's shit on there. Hopefully by All Out it will have moved onto someone unrelated with this feud.

I thought the whole point of a TV title was that it would be defended on TV, not on PPV, so I'm happy with the TNT title not being on the card. But then I also think the World Championship should only be defended on PPV, or at least defended very, very sparingly on TV. Poor Tay, gone from Judo badass having good matches to being Sammy's girlfriend who's just there to snog him, so I also can't complain about not seeing more of that nonsense. But yeah, the TNT title was only introduced so Cody could have a belt after it finally dawned on him what an absolutely fucking boneheaded idea it was to lose a stip saying he can't ever be world champ so it makes sense they have no plans for it.

Ja'moke

I'm hoping Miro comes back and just destroys everyone in this TNT title feud and reclaims the title. The TNT title works best as an open challenge title where we just get bangers every week. They should have put it on Andrade back when they had that three-way match.

Spiteface

Yeah, just give me Miro murdering fuckers most weeks and cutting promos on God and his hot flexible wife.

The Redeemer was/is awesome and I want him back,

Gurke and Hare

He's been filing a new cop show, I don't know how much he's in it but he turns up in the trailer.

Anyway, hopefully he'll be back murdering people soon.

Speaking of murdering people, I'm just back from seeing Suzuki at Rev Pro. He was supposed to be against Ospreay but Ospreay had to call off sick (scared) so he was against Michael Oku doing a great local hero biting off more than he can chew match.

The Crumb

Are those really the best set of (potential) finalists they could think up for the men's Owen tournament?

Psybro

I resent the implication that Kool Kyle isn't No 1 outside my heart in addition to in it.

Gurke and Hare

Joe seems to be over as hell too. Either of them vs Cole should be a great match. I hope Joe wins, as I don't think the team mates wrestling each other thing should be done more than very occasionally.

Ja'moke

I assume Joe v Cole in the finals, and then they'll add FTR vs ReDRagon to the pre-show.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Psybro on May 22, 2022, 01:10:10 PMTheir PPVs have gotten too long, but with this one being on a Sunday night I'm going to end up watching it in multiple sittings during the week anyway.

Yeah, I really miss the Saturday (US-time) PPVs. Meant they started midday Sunday for me. Was grand. I will likely also have to watch over a few nights because getting home from a Monday work day to then watch 5 hours of wrestling, no matter how good the wrestling is, just isn't for me. It's a shame but I do get that their US PPV buys do better on Sunday so it is what it is.

Gurke and Hare

Amazing the way that if you don't do a DQ/no-contest due to outside interference several times a week it's effective and not unwelcome, isn't it? Wish they'd gone with the better tag team from The United Empire, but I suppose more people (ie any at all) know who Jeff Cobb is than know who Aussie Open are.

Ja'moke

The whole Wardlow and MJF has been booked perfectly. Spears has been killing it in this role too.

Loved Hangman's promo too. Definitely seeds planted for a Punk heel turn down the line.

Magnum Valentino

Why IS Hangman pissed off at Punk? I haven't seen him be specific once during any of these promos, but I bet I've missed something.

Spiteface

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on May 26, 2022, 07:13:10 PMWhy IS Hangman pissed off at Punk? I haven't seen him be specific once during any of these promos, but I bet I've missed something.

He, like Eddie Kingston a while back, thinks CM Punk is putting on an act right now, the current "Nice Guy" we're seeing is an act.

That's how it seems to me right now.

Old Thrashbarg

That, plus him coming in after not wrestling for years and being made out to be/making himself out to be the saviour of wrestling. When Hangman and the rest have made the company what it is through hard work.

Ja'moke

Yep, Hangman and Eddie don't believe Punk is a changed man. They think he's full of shit and it's just a matter of time before his ego takes over. And ultimately, I think they'll be proved right. Punk will turn just like he always does once he becomes World Champ, he did the same in ROH and WWE.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Ja'moke on May 26, 2022, 09:43:18 PMHangman and Eddie

I'd never realised before, but that's a tag team I wouldn't mid seeing some time down the line.

Magnum Valentino

Couldn't hurt to have him say any of that out loud. Shouldn't really be having to read between the lines when it comes to promoting maybe their biggest match of the year.

Psybro

I like that you're left wondering if they're building on real heat or just making it up completely.  On the other hand a casual viewer wouldn't know what was going on. It's fine when you have the big obvious straightforward stuff with MJF on the same show.

Deanjam

WWE have moved Money in the Bank from Allegiant Stadium to the considerably smaller MGM Grand Garden Arena, presumably because of worries of an attack due to the gulf war ...

Psybro

Since the WWE brand is the main draw, we may be seeing the brand losing its push if Vince loses faith in it.

Quote from: Psybro on May 26, 2022, 11:55:35 PMI like that you're left wondering if they're building on real heat or just making it up completely.  On the other hand a casual viewer wouldn't know what was going on. It's fine when you have the big obvious straightforward stuff with MJF on the same show.

The problem is I'm not a casual viewer, I watch every week, and I still don't know why Page hates Punk... they even had Punk say he didn't know why.

I wonder if this is an issue with Page as we had loads of people saying how great the long term path to him winning the title was but a lot of it seemed to be based on stuff that wasn't on the weekly TV but was on YouTube. As someone who doesn't watch BTE the story was much weaker than a lot of people claimed it was. Is Page doing stuff online to clarify?

Psybro

The advantage of being a regular viewer is knowing they haven't explained it, although I don't watch all that YouTube stuff so maybe they actually have.

If they tell the story in the match that Punk's been playing mind games to throw off the younger, stronger, fitter champion than I think it will have worked.