Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Prosecco Stormfront [split topic]

Started by Kankurette, April 26, 2022, 08:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petril

Quote from: them cuntswhy is this other person getting attention instead of me, the main character of the universe?!?!?!

I think is the sentiment they're all expressing

Kankurette

Yep.

On another note, according to a poster on this awful thread, more people on Mumsnet were in favour of Lee Anderson than Jack Monroe. They really hate her on there.

Not surprised Mumsnet has people who think Thatch was good because she was the first female PM either. Or someone who freely admits to being far right.

Pink Gregory

Of course they are.  Because they are conservatives.

Kankurette

They have such a boner for private schools it isn't funny. "We used to walk into assembly to the sound of a concert-level orchestra!" "I don't want my kids learning hideous language from state school kids!" Anyone who thinks there's no swearing, drinking, drugs or shagging in private schools has never actually met a private school kid.

Followed by two pages of comments along the lines of "that will show those TRAs who's winning 🤣🤣🤣"

Actually quite similar to the Elon fanboys really.

shiftwork2

The richer she gets, the righter she gets!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 20, 2022, 03:18:57 PMFollowed by two pages of comments along the lines of "that will show those TRAs who's winning 🤣🤣🤣"

and Gervais fans of course.

Kankurette

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 20, 2022, 03:18:57 PM

Followed by two pages of comments along the lines of "that will show those TRAs who's winning 🤣🤣🤣"

Oh wow, that sure showed us. I think.

Stanning for a billionaire is a bit tone deaf on a site where people are constantly worrying about the energy crisis, but that's Mumsnet for you.

phantom_power

I am not sure "making a shit load on interest and kids who don't know about the trans issue" is really showing that they are on the right side of history or anything

Kankurette

I'm not saying children being killed to death by dogs is funny, but Flaxmeadow - who, in my experience, is also a racist piece of shit who regularly trolls the black subforum - posted this on one of the million anti-dog threads on AIBU and I don't know why but I can't stop laughing.
QuoteWhile you fur baby fanatics worship the cult of dog.
ANOTHER CHILD HAS DIED TODAY! 😞
THE CULT OF DOG!!!! ALL HAIL ANUBIS!

Blue Jam

They don't like dogs? Oh that is beyond the pale.

Kankurette

They do have a forum called the Doghouse, and there are some crazy dog people on there, but there's also an awful lot of posters in AIBU who think all dogs are smelly, batshit insane, baby-eating monsters who shit everywhere, and will go mental if a dog so much as looks at their child. Whenever there's an article in the press about a small child being killed by a dog, there's calls for bans on bully breeds and a lot of classist sneering at people who own bully breeds. A lot of them are weird about cats too and how they're evil because they shit in people's gardens and kill small animals (Gary has never nailed a bird, though he has tried).

On another note, their hot takes on Ukraine are...special. Like this thread about the Azov Battalion. Absolute deso comment:
QuoteFar too much is classed as far right or neo nazi just because it isn't full on pc woke. You see in in Britain and throughout Europe. Considering some of the stuff classified as far right I'm not too concerned about the Azov.
Not being a Nazi is woke. Fucking hell. And of course they had to shoehorn trans people in there and claim that the BBC is left-wing.

greencalx

Quote from: Kankurette on May 20, 2022, 11:40:30 AMThey have such a boner for private schools it isn't funny.

I recall a thread devoted to "the little things" that private schools did that would allow the parents to claim smug superiority you'd never get in the state sector. It kicked off with being given cheap fizz at parents' evenings.

thr0b

Did you know there is another forum, which is the same, but somehow even worse? Seems to be dedicated entirely just to calling everyone who isn't exactly like them a shit. It's horrendous. The nastiest forum I have ever seen.

Kankurette

Yeah, there is an overlap between Mumsnet and Tattle. I've seen people on here defending Tattle and saying it does good work exposing influencers and grifters, but it's a nasty little gossip site and it's very BEC about some people who are pretty innocuous. I mean, I find Mrs Hinch and her cult obnoxious but they are absolutely obsessed with her to creepy levels.

I've noticed some pretty nasty far right apologism on Mumsnet of late. Like, there's a thread about far right extremism in AIBU and some goobers are popping up going 'but what about Muslims' (oh yes, because Islamists aren't far right at all, let's not pretend there isn't an overlap between their beliefs and neo-Nazis, they have the same views on gays and Jews for a start) and 'as a white middle-class woman, the left are more of a threat to me'. I don't like the downplaying of the far right in the UK. They're becoming increasingly empowered these days and it scares me.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Kankurette on May 22, 2022, 12:16:27 PMit's very BEC about some people who are pretty innocuous

I'm getting too old to keep up with the constantly swelling ranks of abbreviations and acronyms. What does BEC stand for? Urban Dictionary informs me that it means 'rad, awesome, etc', but I suspect that isn't the case here...Thanks!

The Guppy

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on May 22, 2022, 12:45:15 PMI'm getting too old to keep up with the constantly swelling ranks of abbreviations and acronyms. What does BEC stand for? Urban Dictionary informs me that it means 'rad, awesome, etc', but I suspect that isn't the case here...Thanks!
Bitch Eating Crackers

Kankurette

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on May 22, 2022, 12:45:15 PMI'm getting too old to keep up with the constantly swelling ranks of abbreviations and acronyms. What does BEC stand for? Urban Dictionary informs me that it means 'rad, awesome, etc', but I suspect that isn't the case here...Thanks!
Bitch Eating Crackers.

greencalx

That's ruined Bose-Einstein condensation for me.

Kankurette

I apologise to anyone called Rebecca who's reading this thread.

A good example of BEC is Everton fans blaming Marco Silva for everything that's wrong with the club and criticising him over his poor English (although Ancelotti gets a pass), not hugging the players (which is bullshit, he did and still does, just ask Fulham fans), not smiling enough, not being passionate enough, and so on. Like, every little thing the guy said or did got criticised. Mumsnet and Tattle are like that with Meghan Markle. Actually, Mumsnet is like that with any female celebrity who isn't a TERF. They're proper nasty about Adele losing weight, because it's made her up herself, even though they're also awful about fat women. Holly Willoughby isn't liked much on there either, or Billie Eilish, or Beyonce.

greencalx

I think one may also be able to find examples closer to home.

Blue Jam

How can anyone hate Holly Willoughby FFS? That's like hating clouds or daffodils or cotton.

Blue Jam

I just saw a post on the latest of Tattle's 188(!) threads on Harry and Meghan:

QuoteI've seen a tiny clip of the Johhny Depp versus Amber Heard trial in which Johnny's Lawyer confronts Amber about not being scared of Johhny.
That Lawyer looks good! I'd like to see her question Meghan.

Er, what? What would a lawyer question Meghan about? Wholly imagined abuse of Harry? Love all the posts about how jealous she must be that Kate Middleton looked quite nice in a dress at a film premiere. Chances are she doesn't give a shit.

Lots of blatantly racist posts calling Sadiq Khan the C-word and claiming he "only got elected because he's a POC". Sorry, I didn't realise the electorate had to follow a quota when voting.

Kankurette

They don't like Khan on Mumsnet either.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 22, 2022, 05:29:59 PMHow can anyone hate Holly Willoughby FFS? That's like hating clouds or daffodils or cotton.

I hate her but like clouds and am indifferent to daffs

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Kankurette on May 22, 2022, 02:42:22 PMI apologise to anyone called Rebecca who's reading this thread.

A good example of BEC is Everton fans blaming Marco Silva for everything that's wrong with the club and criticising him over his poor English (although Ancelotti gets a pass), not hugging the players (which is bullshit, he did and still does, just ask Fulham fans), not smiling enough, not being passionate enough, and so on. Like, every little thing the guy said or did got criticised. Mumsnet and Tattle are like that with Meghan Markle. Actually, Mumsnet is like that with any female celebrity who isn't a TERF. They're proper nasty about Adele losing weight, because it's made her up herself, even though they're also awful about fat women. Holly Willoughby isn't liked much on there either, or Billie Eilish, or Beyonce.

Everyone mentioned here is awful, including all the people on mumsnet and that other place

mippy

I have looked at Tattle a bit in the past as there were a few threads on an influencer that always seemed dubious to me...but 1000-post threads on Jack Monroe etc every few days just makes me think they should get into Eastenders or non-league football or something.