Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Prosecco Stormfront [split topic]

Started by Kankurette, April 26, 2022, 08:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: bgmnts on June 07, 2022, 10:52:21 PMMade me think of this.

Fucking hell, I forgot what a stacked cast that film has

I doubt TRAs plan co-ordinated attacks on Mumsnet. They have better things to do than try and convert a load of bigots who are unlikely to change their minds, or even read to the end of the post

Kankurette

There's a TERF on MN Trolls gobbing off about how only one side makes death and rape threats. Which is the biggest load of bullshit, and often repeated by TERFs. I mean, there's the guy who threatened to shoot up the offices of Merriam Webster for including 'they' in the dictionary, and that's just for starters (and women on the internet of all persuasions get rape threats, just look at all the rape threats Alex Scott gets from football fans for instance).

phes

https://peakterf.com/#close

Not that showing these people evidence of anything is time well spent

Kankurette

Mumsnetters trying to discuss comedy is so incredibly cringey (see Glinner thread and much griping about how 'wokoid' comedians aren't funny). I'm surprised they're not all massive Jim Davidson fans.
Quote from: phes on June 08, 2022, 11:52:08 AMhttps://peakterf.com/#close

Not that showing these people evidence of anything is time well spent
Jesus Christ. Mind you, if you showed it to TERFs they'd just claim it was trans people faking death threats to make them look bad.

JaDanketies

Fascists don't have to conduct themselves nicely. Everyone else has to adhere to the standards of debate, but they get to be shitheads.

Kankurette

Exactly. They get to be as rude and nasty as they want but then have the fucking gall to complain when the enemy is rude and nasty back, and they move more goalposts than a horde of goalkeeping coaches. It reminds me of the EDL complaining about leftists swearing. That would be the same EDL whose motto is 'NFSE'. As in 'No FUCKING Surrender Ever'.

JKR also knows exactly what she's doing when she siccs her attack dogs on some rando with 400 followers.

Kankurette

If a person has turquoise hair, they are clearly a TRA and must be shunned, according to this absolute genius (who I think might be a man as his username is GCRich).

QuoteI am someone who - rightly or wrongly - is incredibly judgemental about the way random people I see in the street look (it could be their hair, clothes, make-up, tattoos, the way they hold themselves, jewelry etc). Obviously if I was going up to them and telling them my thoughts I would be a very bad person, but I figure that if I am looking down at them in my own mind as I walk down the street there is no harm done.

If I see someone with that turquoise hair going on then I judge them for having "trans hair" and assume they are stupid and promote a bigoted (homophobic and misogynistic) agenda. I assume that their promotion of an ideology - however trivial - is all part of a propaganda machine that is mutilating and sterilising kids.

Obviously when I meet people and actually need to interact I put my negative preconceptions aside and judge them on more reasonable things!
So fucking feminist. And if he thinks trans rights supporters are homophobic, he needs to take a look in his own backyard.

EOLAN

I am going to go out on an absolute limb and say that person is wrongly incredibly judgemental about the way random people they see in the street look.

frajer

It is nice of GCRich to put his needlessly offensive and toxic mindset to one side when he interacts with people he deems to be "lesser."

A good egg.

Kankurette

I don't mind admitting that this is a sore point with me because while I didn't know Sophie Lancaster, she was part of the Manchester goth scene and some of my friends/acquaintances knew her and this is the kind of shitty, small-minded mentality that got her killed and her boyfriend injured. Some troglodytes see a couple and don't like how they look, and decide the rational thing to do is beat them to death. It's extreme, granted, but it's the same mentality.

I'd love to know what this fucking tool thinks feminists should wear. Yes, some trans people do have blue hair. So fucking what. If I see someone with dyed hair I assume they might be a punk or a metalhead because a lot of the old Jilly's crowd had dyed hair. How would they like it if someone stereotyped feminists as being a bunch of ugly, fat short-haired women in dungarees?

Dr Rock

How many Mumsnetters are pro sending asylum seekers to Rwanda?

Kankurette

I don't know, but I'm guessing there's definitely quite a few who are. I've seen the usual 'but it's better than letting them drown at sea' and 'it's a deterrent' arguments.

JaDanketies

If I see someone with dyed hair, I think, "How am I going to meet my deadlines this month? Have I saved enough for taxes? How are we going to pay for the plasterer? Has that bill been paid yet? I hope I get to go on holiday or have a day off soon."

However admittedly I did see a guy in a 'Proud to be a Slytherin' t-shirt in Tesco and I thought, "you've gotta be a transphobe to wear that shit these days." For about half a second. I didn't think about dark money conspiracies. :(

beanheadmcginty

This doesn't look good for Rosita from Sesame Street

Jollity

Those of us dangerous TRAs who can't be bothered with dying their hair get away with it! You'll never know!

Also, I'm quite sure I've seen pictures of TERFs with blue or pink hair. I dare say it's counter-culture when they do it, though (and the fact that my hair is a very unremarkable colour just proves I'm a slave to The Man, or something)

imitationleather

I don't get it. People dying their hair has been a common thing for forty or more years now, hasn't it?

phantom_power

Yes. It used to be a bit of a sign of someone who was a bit outside the norm, a bit counterculture but, like tattoos and piercings, has now been co-opted into mainstream society so it is an indicator of fuck-all beyond someone liking their hair that colour

Kankurette

Everyone and their mum has tats now. Like footballers - in the '90s, only a few of them had tats and now practically every cunt in the England team has them. Zlatan Ibrahimovic even has his arse tattooed.

It's all kicking off on MN Trolls because one of the GC feminists there is whining about people calling Mumsnet transphobic. Erm...that's because it is?

Kankurette

Roe vs Wade gets overturned. Guess who gets blamed?
QuoteIt really does feel like Gilead. US society was so busy defending men's right to call themselves women that they took their eye off the ball.

All those little handmaidens chanting that TWAW. Do they think these 'women' with cocks will return the favour? Of course they won't. Why would they give a shit when they will never be affected by female biology?
Except:
1) Trans women have protested in support of abortion rights. Just look at Ireland.
2) It wasn't trans women who overturned Roe vs Wade. It was cis men, by and large. Cis men who are on the same side as Mumsnetters when it comes to trans rights. Those Republican justices peopling the Supreme Court? They are on your side. And of course they're bringing up women's sports, because a tiny handful of trans athletes is just the same as denying abortion to millions of women.

Maybe one day they'll realise what their allies really are. But I doubt it.

Catalogue Trousers

Yes. It's always genuinely puzzled me - why is obviously dyed hair ('dangerhair', I think is the term that's used by the Sargons of Akkad of this world) seen as an automatic designator of being a TRA/uppity feminist/autist/whatever?

Pretty facile and baseless piece of stereotyping, surely.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: imitationleather on June 16, 2022, 10:09:18 PMI don't get it. People dying their hair has been a common thing for centuries now, hasn't it?

ftfy

Kankurette

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on June 25, 2022, 05:25:11 PMYes. It's always genuinely puzzled me - why is obviously dyed hair ('dangerhair', I think is the term that's used by the Sargons of Akkad of this world) seen as an automatic designator of being a TRA/uppity feminist/autist/whatever?

Pretty facile and baseless piece of stereotyping, surely.
It's a stereotype, I guess. Perpetuated by Tumblr and that 'triggered' meme of an angry feminist with dyed hair (who was being goaded by arsehole men to get a reaction).

Mind you, Mumsnet is the same site who had a thread about what makes a person classy, and it included things like 'straight shiny hair' and 'well-fitted clothes' with 'no loud patterns' (and if you're fat or you have bad skin or tattoos, you can't be classy).

Pink Gregory

Kankurette

Because it's neat, I guess. Not messy, like curly/wavy hair. Although why having curly or wavy hair makes you a vulgar pleb is beyond me, maybe there's a racial component to it because plenty of black and West Asian/Arab women have curly hair. I mean, this IS Mumsnet we're talking about here. Kate Middleton is practically their ideal woman ('not being opinionated' is apparently classy as well).

I'm a couple of stone overweight, and have a nose ring, wavy hair and a face like the surface of the moon, so that's me out.

bgmnts

Whilst it really doesn't matter, I have always innately found curly or frizzy hair way more interesting and attractive that straight hair, and the notion that it needs to be straightened to conform absolutely fucking mind boggling.

Kankurette

I actually like the fact my hair has gone from straight to wavy, and even outright curly if I've washed it and it's dried naturally. My dad had curly hair and I get it from him. It does frizz up in the rain, but who cares?

The thread is here if anyone can be arsed reading it. Sample post:

QuoteI think a lot of it comes down to good manners and good taste.

Never being too done up, but not too casual either. No loud prints, no polyester, no revealing too much skin, or wearing anything too tight fitting, no sky scraper heels, not too much makeup.

Not being too loud, being calm and not too emotional, not putting elbows on the dining table, not watching too much tv (especially not soaps and reality tv). News, artistic films, and the occasional documentary may be ok. Not owning a hot tub. Not carrying well known 'try too hard' status symbol designer handbags. Not getting drunk. Ever. Definitely not owning a tattoo! 😱

Being educated and knowledgeable about things (Love Island and crisp flavours don't count). Enjoys buying antiques, viewing old buildings and art galleries.

Pink Gregory

The sheer hatred of nonconformity that comes out of these women.

'Owning a tattoo' is an odd was to phrase it.

Kankurette

And the thing is, they'll never be accepted by these upper-class types they so desperately try to emulate. The poshos never accepted Carole Middleton.

Pink Gregory

bgmnts

To be fair not having tattoos and not getting pissed regularly is quite non conformist of them.

Still, elbows on the table? Fuck off,