Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:32:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia Mafia Day 4

Started by MSG, April 30, 2020, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 01, 2020, 09:56:46 AM
A plaintive tune is heard in the town, drifting on the wind over the dunes from the Cove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AEBQ6BJzUc

Never mind that.  Every dawn in this town is of the dead.

BlodwynPig

Danger Man

Right....

I'm the town cop and I'll tell you what I've been up to in the hope of swaying any doubters.

Day One: Discovered I was the town cop. Have never played this game before and didn't have any idea what I was supposed to do. I now realise that the most important thing I had to do was not draw any attention to myself and hope that, in later days, the town doctor would save me. What I actually did was announce I'M A VERY IMPORTANT PLAYER the minute anyone voted to lynch me and then voted to lynch the town doctor. Off to a flying start.

I investigated Shiftwork2 because I've met him in real life and that was the only reason I could think of to investigate anyone. He turned out to be a vanilla townie.

Day Two: Shiftwork2 started the day by announcing that the townies had better start investigating people. This made me think that he knew what he was doing so when he announced that Cerys should be lynched I, knowing he was a townie, immediately did what he asked and never changed my vote. I lynched another townie. Shiftwork2 managed to get murdered twice so maybe he really did know what he was doing.

I investigated BlodwynPig and discovered that he was Mafia.

Day Three: Delete popped up with a very detailed overview of the townsfolk and it seemed very convincing (though I don't really understand how he came to his conclusions). I knew that BlodwynPig was mafia so with only a few minutes to 10pm I jumped in and attempt to land a hammer blow. Except I was 12 hours too early and could add 'don't understand time' to 'don't understand anything else about this game. Delete obviously knew too much as all the people I think are mafia voted to lynch him.

I investigated Hedgehog90 and, because he was the don, was told that he was a townie. He died anyway.

Day Four: So here we are. 5 townies and 3 mafia. I'm getting killed tonight so it will soon be 4:3. If the townies are to have any chance of winning the ratio tomorrow has to be 4:1

I think the way to do this is for every townie to vote BlodwynPig and for the vigilante to whack RuethePolywhirl.

If Blodwyn has 5 votes then the mafia are fucked. If I get three votes it will be a bit of a giveaway. I don't think Blodwyn can vote for himself so will probably vote for anyone and the other two mafioso will also vote Blodwyn in an attempt to hide. That's why I said "You're good" to RuethePolywhirl last night as he was very quick to vote for Blodwyn.

If Blodwyn gets 4 votes and one townie votes for someone else then the three mafia boys could jump in behind him and split the vote 4-4. That could save Blodwyn's neck.

Any questions?

rue the polywhirl

One issue. Whacking me would be whacking a townie so that would be completely calamitous. You can investigate me surely tonight which will show me up as not mafia. I was not quick at all in voting for Blodwyn I was about to vote for him anyway. I was making my posts saying that we should vote for him and then before I hit post all of a sudden you and Dr Greggles are casting your vote for Blodwyn. There is 50 seconds between your posts and mine so without a doubt the situation is we were simply voting for Blodywn at the same time.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 01, 2020, 12:23:40 PM
One issue. Whacking me would be whacking a townie so that would be completely calamitous. You can investigate me surely tonight which will show me up as not mafia. I was not quick at all in voting for Blodwyn I was about to vote for him anyway. I was making my posts saying that we should vote for him and then before I hit post all of a sudden you and Dr Greggles are casting your vote for Blodwyn. There is 50 seconds between your posts and mine so without a doubt the situation is we were simply voting for Blodywn at the same time.

Squeal piggy, Swimming with the Fishes

DrGreggles

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 01, 2020, 12:23:40 PM

You voted for Delete last time.
DM and I both voted for Blodwyn.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 01, 2020, 12:45:58 PM

I voted for Delete first thing yes indeedy. Out of fear and panic manic mainly, but not in bloodthirsty packs like the others. They are the ones you should be concerned with.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Is Blodwyn really the mole? I think that would require some level of cunning and tactical skill which he seems bereft of. I think he's the cop, cops tend to be arrogant and stupid

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 01, 2020, 12:45:58 PM

Mafia tactics. But I suspect that DM is now not cop and you are cop but have missed your target. However, the chump above certainly seems like a mafia.

Vote Angrew

rue the polywhirl

Blodwyn did a sneaky edit. He originally voted for Dr Greggles then changed his vote for Andrew Lloyd Webber... probably as bluff because he must be mafia as well. Get them!

Danger Man

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on May 01, 2020, 12:53:38 PM
Is Blodwyn really the mole?

Yes he is.

Though I think it should be pointed out that 'the mole' is something he's just made up.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on May 01, 2020, 01:26:15 PM
Yes he is.

Though I think it should be pointed out that 'the mole' is something he's just made up.

Are you sure about that, Vanilla?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 01, 2020, 01:16:59 PM
Blodwyn did a sneaky edit. He originally voted for Dr Greggles then changed his vote for Andrew Lloyd Webber... probably as bluff because he must be mafia as well. Get them!

Only because I saw Angrew the Slime's vicious post after posting my original change of vote. SNITCH

DrGreggles

Ooh, the Mafs are arguing amongst themselves.
The Don was holding them together, now they're running scared!

BlodwynPig

MSG

Player   Votes   Voted by         
2   hedgehog90               
3   DrGreggles   0   Prison Biscuits         
4   Danger Man   0   BlodwynPig         
6   rue the polywhirl   1   Prison Biscuits   BlodwynPig      
7   Angrew Lloyg Wegger   0   Prison Biscuits   BlodwynPig      
8   Jim Bob               
11   Prison Biscuits   1   BlodwynPig   Jim Bob      
15   earl_sleek               
16   BlodwynPig   4   DrGreggles   Danger Man   rue the polywhirl   Prison Biscuits

MSG

nightfall in 8 hours and 17 minutes

earl_sleek

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 01, 2020, 12:20:53 AM
I'd say that based on last nights voting patterns just before the strike of nightfall it's pretty much cast-iron guaranteed that Blodwyn Pig is Mafioso. We also have to be suspectful of Andrew Lloyd Webber and earl_sleek because they aligned their vote from prison biscuits to delete literally in the last second which had the effect of miraculously saving blodywn. Danger Man and Dr Greggles seem quite evidently to be decent townsfolk and Greggle's sleuthings have been quite fair to be honest. Simply put, the rest of us need to work together to get rid of the evil, ultraviolent blodders and then we can sort out the riff raff maffia later.

I originally voted Prison Biscuits cos I had a hunch that his claim to be don was a double bluff and not a joke. I changed it at the last minute because I chickened out, and had to make a choice in a hurry (the same one you did, I note). Obviously it was the wrong choice. I understand why that looks suspicious gven the result, but I wasn't thinking about how it would make me look.

DM has given himself a death sentence by naming himself as the cop, so I don't see why he would lie.

Vote BlodywnPig

BlodwynPig

We all know DM's hatred of me is pathological since I stole his Saudi maid from him during the Battle of Castellammare del Golfo. He has never forgiven me for ruining his avocado farm at Amdeo, or failing to return his smuggling boat (now burned to ashes by PRISON BISCUITS). Think carefully before you put your lot in with this CRACKPOT.

*pink fat man leaves pub into hot afternoon heat, the water vapour causing a mirage of wobbling flesh and bad tailoring to seem somewhat GOD LIKE*

chveik

MSG

would non-players kindly refrain from posting in the game thread

Jim Bob

Danger Man, I'm putting my faith in you.

Unvote Prison Biscuits

Vote BlodwynPig

Danger Man

Well, it's nearly time.

I don't think I'll be here tomorrow but I'd just like to say that I'll be investigating Angrew Lloyg Wegger tonight.

If we successfully lynch BlodwynPig and whack RuethePolywhirl I think lynching Angrew next will give the townies the win.

I won't be here to celebrate, obviously, but I hope the winning townies will build a small statue of me in the town square.

A statute dedicated to a kind and bewildered old man who sacrificed his life because he can't stand losing at anything. Even something like this.

rue the polywhirl

The fact that Andrew Lloyd Webber has not cast his vote yet against the wicked blodders even after he was outed, even going as far as to surmise that he maybe town cop, surely confirms that he is indeed mafia? Absolutely no point investigating him when he is certain to be mafia. I'm innocent so whacking me would threaten the existence of the town. If Jim Bob has been so certain about Prison Biscuits surely it would be worth more to investigate them instead if you get the chance?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I can smell crime flavoured bacon in the air. (And wrongness flavoured bacon courtesy of Danger Man (the cop))

Vote blodwynpig

Pretty sure Angrew is with the mafia. I'm definitely not. I just hope the vigilante is paying close attention...

I believe Jim Bob has recanted his vote for me, and rightly so.

This all rests on Danger Man actually being the cop, though.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Also rue I've been working at my job down the pasta factory and chilling with nice cold cerveza on a friday night like a normal person. I ain't got time to be wasting my hours on some mob justice shit.

I agree with DM's plan: vigilante, whack the polywhirl for attempting to drag my good name back into this!

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Danger Man on May 01, 2020, 09:09:32 PM
Well, it's nearly time.

I don't think I'll be here tomorrow but I'd just like to say that I'll be investigating Angrew Lloyg Wegger tonight.

If we successfully lynch BlodwynPig and whack RuethePolywhirl I think lynching Angrew next will give the townies the win.

I won't be here to celebrate, obviously, but I hope the winning townies will build a small statue of me in the town square.

A statute dedicated to a kind and bewildered old man who sacrificed his life because he can't stand losing at anything. Even something like this.

The fact is I've been warning people about Blods and Andrew all day and you agree that those two are mafia as well. Why would I be encouraging the whacking of the last 2 people on my side? Not a brilliant game plan. If you get rid of Blodywn tonight but the vigilante gets rid of me as well that will leave two mafioso members scurrying around. An absolute disaster for the town.