Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 14, 2019, 07:44:51 PM
Those buttons with the slightly raised outer crescent have always felt like 1 button as I tend to use my elbow.
Assumed the raised part was just a common decorative motif, never realised until now that they're 2 separate buttons with different flushes.
Will definitely test this next time I encounter one.

I'm sorry but I can offer no explanation for this.  You may need to see a shrink.

St_Eddie

I'm amused by the mental image of hedgehog90 standing over a toilet and testing the variance of its flushes, all the while proclaiming "coo".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 14, 2019, 08:46:25 PM
I'm amused by the mental image of hedgehog90 standing over a toilet and testing the variance of its flushes, all the while proclaiming "coo".

Shopping bag full of mashed up Dundee cake?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 14, 2019, 06:35:00 PM

On my bog, which is about four years old, the big button is a normal flush. The small button will flush for as long as you hold it down or until all the water in the cistern is exhausted.

They should just do away with cisterns and make it so the loo flushes by keeping a tap turned on for as long as you hold a button. Fuck are they putting it in a little container for?

olliebean

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 14, 2019, 06:35:00 PM

On my bog, which is about four years old, the big button is a normal flush. The small button will flush for as long as you hold it down or until all the water in the cistern is exhausted.

That is a normal flush, isn't it? I mean that's how the flush works on normal toilets without fancy multi-part buttons.

Twed

When I flush my toilet it screams/gurgles "YOU UNTHINKING ROUSTABOUT".

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on May 14, 2019, 10:32:41 PM
That is a normal flush, isn't it? I mean that's how the flush works on normal toilets without fancy multi-part buttons.

The second button on toilets without a second button?

Replies From View

I have never heard of water becoming exhausted before all this happened.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on May 14, 2019, 10:50:22 PM

You've never read The Ooze by G Marenghi?

Twed

Quote from: Replies From View on May 14, 2019, 10:50:22 PM
Think it through mate. Running water. Of course it's going to get a bit puffed out.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 14, 2019, 09:01:34 PM
Fuck are they putting it in a little container for?

same reason you might've had a tank in the loft- if the water supply goes away for some reason, you've enough stored for a day's worth of basic hygiene & so forth.

touchingcloth

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 17, 2019, 08:09:11 AM
same reason you might've had a tank in the loft- if the water supply goes away for some reason, you've enough stored for a day's worth of basic hygiene & so forth.

One shit's worth. End it.

olliebean

They should just do away with cisterns and make it so the loo flushes by keeping a tap turned on for as long as you hold a button. Fuck are they putting it in a little container for?

The way the flush works is dependent on dumping a decent amount of water into the bowl as quickly as possible - enough to completely fill the U-Bend part of the pipe, so as it goes down the waste pipe it creates a suction that pulls the crap out of the bowl. If you just ran a tap into the bowl you wouldn't get the suction.

NoSleep

Using gravity to release a store of water with force. A tap flow isn't going to have the necessary force (nor would you want such pressure in a supply pipe that could one day burst); hence the longer time it takes to fill the cistern compared to how quickly the water is released to flush. And what olliebean said.

touchingcloth

Quote from: NoSleep on May 17, 2019, 09:07:27 AM
Using gravity to release a store of water with force. A tap flow isn't going to have the necessary force (nor would you want such pressure in a supply pipe that could one day burst); hence the longer time it takes to fill the cistern compared to how quickly the water is released to flush. And what olliebean said.
Quote from: olliebean on May 17, 2019, 09:02:39 AM
The way the flush works is dependent on dumping a decent amount of water into the bowl as quickly as possible - enough to completely fill the U-Bend part of the pipe, so as it goes down the waste pipe it creates a suction that pulls the crap out of the bowl. If you just ran a tap into the bowl you wouldn't get the suction.

Put an end to cisterns and these fucking pansies of taps, then. Strong enough to sluice the biggest craps away and make your hosepipe able to reach over the house and into next week.

Fuck's sake. Cisterns.

Cuellar

I've just realised I have no idea how a toilets work

Or what 'pigeon-chested' means (not apropos of the toilet discussion, just occured to me)

a duncandisorderly

what you want to do is save your dump for when you're in the shower, then waffle-stomp it down the plughole.

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on May 14, 2019, 10:57:16 PM
Think it through mate. Running water. Of course it's going to get a bit puffed out.

No I don't think it would.  I fundamentally disagree.

Endicott

Come on man. Why do you think it never goes uphill?

a duncandisorderly

Replies From View

Quote from: Endicott on May 17, 2019, 02:23:23 PM
Come on man. Why do you think it never goes uphill?

If it never goes uphill then why does it get puffed out so easily?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on May 17, 2019, 04:54:25 PM
If it never goes uphill then why does it get puffed out so easily?

Cos it's a little fucking punk that never did an honest day's work in its life. Fucking scrounger, bin it off.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 17, 2019, 05:12:11 PM
Cos it's a little fucking punk that never did an honest day's work in its life. Fucking scrounger, bin it off.

See I just don't agree that this is what water is.  I've seen it driving loads of water wheels and stuff.

Twed

Quote from: NoSleep on May 17, 2019, 09:07:27 AM
Using gravity to release a store of water with force. A tap flow isn't going to have the necessary force (nor would you want such pressure in a supply pipe that could one day burst); hence the longer time it takes to fill the cistern compared to how quickly the water is released to flush.
It's so stupid that we had to come up with complex gravity-based systems when we could have solved the problem at the source by simply eliminating the anus.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on May 17, 2019, 05:16:41 PM
See I just don't agree that this is what water is.  I've seen it driving loads of water wheels and stuff.

It's a shitty little prick, if I ever saw it near me I'd kick it's stupid head in, the nonce.

Replies From View

There are freshwater areas too, you know.  It's not all sewer stuff.  Stroll upstream once in a while.

Blue Jam

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 10, 2019, 05:00:59 PM
Momma uses a femidom.  Poppa uses a poppadom.

Poppa's got a brand new bag

Momma's got a bag of her own

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Twed on May 17, 2019, 05:19:27 PM
It's so stupid that we had to come up with complex gravity-based systems when we could have solved the problem at the source by simply eliminating the anus.

or do what pingers (& presumably touching cloth) does/do, do-do in the shreddies. to be disposed of at your convenience, to the highest bidder. 

touchingcloth

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 17, 2019, 06:19:14 PM
or do what pingers (& presumably touching cloth) does/do, do-do in the shreddies. to be disposed of at your convenience, to the highest bidder.

I've been shitting on the steps of the local council in protest until they sort out this ridiculous cistern situation. I'm pretty sure it's the council building - the short arse squeaky-voiced councillors wrinkle their noses at me and say things like "what's that man doing?" as if that will make me believe they don't have a clue what point I'm trying to make, and they have one of those stupid council calendar things with only 8 days on outside.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Replies From View on May 17, 2019, 05:16:41 PM

Can't even be bothered to walk.