Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Northern Boys - Party Time

Started by madhair60, September 20, 2022, 10:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

HOLY FUCK. How do they all fit so perfectly to all of them? I know zero about how music is made, so is there some musical rule that means they will inevitably fit to the music? Or are the Northern Boys omnipotent entities?

big egg

Fell down a bit of a rabbit hole last night and ended up finding this excellent investigation into who's pulling the strings in the Sindhuworld fogeyverse.

As a previous poster said, feels a bit like telling everyone Santa isn't real but if you don't mind seeing how the sausage is made it makes for compelling reading. They are all fantastic and the tunes are genuinely great. I love how deep it all goes with Patrick Karneigh Jr's soundcloud mixtape from a few years ago (Cover it in Shit is a horrorcore masterpiece) being one example.

Really wonder how much they're all getting paid and how they were talked into doing it. Long may it continue!

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 30, 2022, 02:58:42 PMHOLY FUCK. How do they all fit so perfectly to all of them? I know zero about how music is made, so is there some musical rule that means they will inevitably fit to the music? Or are the Northern Boys omnipotent entities?

Well I am altering the tempo and stuff, but yes, mainly omnipotence https://voca.ro/1gd7hg8XQhXy

Quote from: big egg on October 30, 2022, 03:19:03 PMReally wonder how much they're all getting paid and how they were talked into doing it. Long may it continue!

Yeah, did you check out Bas' former occupation? Haha.

I do wonder how much money there is in all this as they will struggle to monetise the music itself due to copyright issues. I guess it is all merch/youtube ad revenue/the odd 'live' show?

TheGingerAlien

TheGingerAlien

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: big egg on October 30, 2022, 03:19:03 PMReally wonder how much they're all getting paid and how they were talked into doing it. Long may it continue!

I can't say how much they're getting paid, but it probably wasn't difficult to talk them into it.

If we use PKJ as an example. He's had the odd bit part on TV and commercial but playing this version of PKJ is probably the most high profile acting job he's ever had, with several viral vids as a guest on Pete and Bas' stuff and now The Northern Boys.

As I understand they can't put it on their acting profiles, as that will spoil the allusion, but when it dies out and the money runs out, this'll be a great addition to the ol' showreel and Mandy page.

Has anyone found an acting profile for Norman Pain? His Soundcloud page seems a tad more sincere, so I'm wondering if he was a rapper who Sindhu World hired? That may be wishful thinking on my part.

Malcy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EptaoA--IU

Pete & Bas's new one just released.

Hoping for lots more from The Northern Boys. PKJ & Norman Pain is the perfect combo.

Speak

I bloody love all of these guys. I think Norman Pain is legit and writes all his own stuff. His darker stuff feels very genuine, sounds like he's got a kid/kids he's no longer allowed access to.

On the other hand, i'm convinced Pete and Bas have a ghost writer. Their lingo is a bit too modern, and their bars are of such a high standard i just can't see them being written by 70-odd year old men.

Of course, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong on that.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Speak on October 31, 2022, 08:37:15 PMI bloody love all of these guys. I think Norman Pain is legit and writes all his own stuff. His darker stuff feels very genuine, sounds like he's got a kid/kids he's no longer allowed access to.

On the other hand, i'm convinced Pete and Bas have a ghost writer. Their lingo is a bit too modern, and their bars are of such a high standard i just can't see them being written by 70-odd year old men.

Of course, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong on that.

I get the feeling Norman's a bit more sincere, at least with his own stuff. His verses specifically for P&B and The Northern Boys are probably more ghostwritten, but his solo stuff is dark.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Speak on October 31, 2022, 08:37:15 PMi'm convinced Pete and Bas have a ghost writer. Their lingo is a bit too modern, and their bars are of such a high standard i just can't see them being written by 70-odd year old men.

Quote from: big egg on October 30, 2022, 03:19:03 PMFell down a bit of a rabbit hole last night and ended up finding this excellent investigation into who's pulling the strings in the Sindhuworld fogeyverse.

Ja'moke

My theory was that the Blah Records crew was behind all this. The raps just sound like their style.

https://youtu.be/79t5e-CTAaU

But that post earlier in the thread that looks into the origins seems to rule them out.

dannyfc

The fact there's even a debate whether two men in their 70s could write and perform ridiculously well executed Grime shows how well done this is. Music's legitimately great as well, I've played Mr. Worldwide as much as any 'serious' non-comedy music.

This video is what finally convinced me the older men were genine actors, you can clearly hear the rapper who does Petes' voice come through;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMNBYyfyk0

Famous Mortimer

The "time for a number three" line will live with me for the rest of my life.

king_tubby

TheGingerAlien

It will be fun to see what characters the brothers cook up next,

Did anyone else notice Norman is channelling Zag (from Zig and Zag) and Eggsy from the GLC?

Also - more party time (almost) goes with everything
https://vocaroo.com/18ks4WXEZqhT

madhair60

with your help I did this drivel too:

beanheadmcginty

It does raise the question - has Kanye seen Party Time? It's possible that his recent rapid decline stems from the realisation that he has been comprehensively musically outclassed at every level by three pensioners in a car park.

madhair60

dead-ced-dead

It should also be noted that since Pete and Bas moved from GRM World to their own Sindhu World channel, The Northern Boys have been outstripping them quite handily in terms in veiws.

Not an extensive overview, since they've only released two via Sindhu World each, but Party Time has 1.4m views whereas Windoframe Cypher pt. 2 (featuring Norm and PKJ) is struggling to get above 299k in a similar timeframe. Nobody Likes Me is at 313k views in 7 days whereas Sindhu Sesh has just over 1/3 in 4 days.

Ron Superior

Do you think they're going to do something other than music vids with this? Like, having at least most of them being actors already and all the backstory they've created for them is a lot of effort for "just" some music vids, but I'm not sure anything else would be going too far. I mean, People Just Do Nothing started as some YouTube vids and tracks. And there's so many funny ideas in those 2 Northern Boys vids. Would be interesting to see, at least.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Ron Superior on November 04, 2022, 06:47:52 PMDo you think they're going to do something other than music vids with this? Like, having at least most of them being actors already and all the backstory they've created for them is a lot of effort for "just" some music vids, but I'm not sure anything else would be going too far. I mean, People Just Do Nothing started as some YouTube vids and tracks. And there's so many funny ideas in those 2 Northern Boys vids. Would be interesting to see, at least.

As comedy fans, we've certainly seen far shakier foundations to build a sitcom on. I'd welcome it.

Malcy

I'd hope they don't to be honest. The music is good enough. Had Norman Pain's album on while walking home from the shops earlier. Gave me a bit of a boost. I remember when I bought it on Bandcamp that i was the second person to do so and that number didn't rise much, and at last check there had only been 20 odd who had done so. They're very much in the midst of the "I'll just stream it" lot so can't be making much if anything.

So maybe if another opportunity came up they would take it.

Harpo Speaks

Thought this was great - Disco Elysium animatic set to Party Time (some semi-spoilers for DE within):

king_tubby

chip

madhair60

king_tubby

Oosp

Quote from: king_tubby on November 24, 2022, 11:19:04 PMFootball cash in song is shite. Ah well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95nAb7hO2j0

I mean... as an Irish, I couldn't be less invested in England football songs, but: name a better England football song.

It's Pete & Bas (and half the Snooker Team for the vid) and it slaps, tbf.