Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Paul Draper and Mansun appreciation thread

Started by Vodka Margarine, April 30, 2016, 09:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

I do breathe a sigh of relief when someone I never rated gets the old cancel hammer but pointless gloating about it

Ray Travez

It helps that I've only vaguely understood what he was accused of, without delving into it. Always there was a sense that he was "troubled", neurotic and possibly an egomaniac.

Recently got into Six again, having not listened to it for years. It's such an amazing album, deep themes of frustration, loss and paranoia running through. Musically I think it's incredible, sometimes gentle and sad, other times sarcastic and defiant, but always beautifully sung. I love the way the riffs, and sometimes entire songs break down, fall apart and become something different. (Maybe need another thread like the one for people who still listen to Morrissey despite him being, well, Morrissey.)

Kankurette

Six was an incredibly brave move for a second album. Maybe that should be in the hot takes thread.

LordMorgan

Love the song negative
Love a lot of the Mansun songs

fuzzyste

Six is by far my favourite mansion album, doesn't matter how much of a belled draper is he'll never ruin that album for me

fuzzyste

Looks like another riveting show from big Paul