Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Someone I know (outspoken centrist) read the book from one of his strategists, she was responsible for the 'no-policy just vibes and values' stuff. Sounded like a load of bollocks to me but he does seem to have been adhering to it.

idunnosomename

I m dead into keir starmer. Think hes utterly fantastic . Really seends me fuckin MENTAL

Cold Meat Platter

Zetetic

Hope it's Albion! Albion! with a few names changed.

Video Game Fan 2000

I wonder if his prose is going to have the same affectations as his horrible, horrible speeches.

"I believe in a hopeful Britain. A fair Britain. A Britain that knows the value of respect and hard work. I believe we have the tools to accomplish this. Together. My dad used tools. He had a job. It makes me think of the name of our party: Labour. Labour is almost a synonym for the word "job". It is a party under new management. Managing things is also a job, like my dad had. In Britain."

Video Game Fan 2000

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Quote on May 28, 2022, 10:43:10 AMSetting the voters homework.

Maybe it's your vision being so dismal and uninspiring that's the problem, something a multitude of essays, books and relaunches couldn't possibly fix.

So Kier's new idea is for voters to have to buy a book to figure out what Labour stand for?

king_tubby

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 28, 2022, 10:35:47 PMSo Kier's new idea is for voters to have to buy a book to figure out what Labour stand for?

Buy a book published by a company owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder how much the book will be. Imagining loads of unsold copies of Kier's book being pulped, Starmer in a hard hat watching as the copies of the £20 title "I hate lefties and love the queen" are fed in.

shoulders

Fambo Number Mive

Labour has decided to buy a load of ads on the ConservativeHome website:

QuoteThe UK Labour party has targeted Tory supporters with 'partygate' ads in a Conservative Home webpage ad takeover.

In response to more lockdown party fines, the publication of Sue Gray's report, and a picture of Boris Johnson surrounded by wine bottles, the Labour party has flooded the Tory blog with subversive ads.

Now surrounding the Conservative Home's editorial content is the image of a mask-wearing nurse with the copy, 'Look into her eyes and tell her you still back Boris Johnson.'...

Yes, I'm sure giving loads of money to a website for Tories is a good idea.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2022, 12:28:47 PMThis is a v funny bit

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1530846391299350528

Once Starmer's latest book comes out Labour frontbenchers can say "We've come up with many ideas and if people are interested they can buy Kier's book"

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 29, 2022, 05:15:50 PMLabour has decided to buy a load of ads on the ConservativeHome website:

Yes, I'm sure giving loads of money to a website for Tories is a good idea.

If you're so invested in the Tories you're visiting ConservativeHome you're presumably not in the market for another political party. Just wasting member's money on pointless trolling.

idunnosomename

who the fuck looks at websites anymore

Paul Calf

I don't even know what a websites are.

Cuellar

"Log on and read our website!"

Get a grip.

Fambo Number Mive

Dodds ignoring the millions of people in the UK who can't afford or don't know how to use the internet.

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2022, 10:27:22 PMwho the fuck looks at websites anymore

If you go on the website there are no policies. Take a look:

https://labour.org.uk/

Wasn't Dodds in charge of that 18 month long policy redesign thing? That must be nearly up now, surely they didn't just piss away the time doing nothing.

idunnosomename

Meet Keir Starmer!! Wow!! That cat is E L E C T R I F Y I N G !

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on May 30, 2022, 11:38:57 AMIf you go on the website there are no policies. Take a look:

https://labour.org.uk/

Wasn't Dodds in charge of that 18 month long policy redesign thing? That must be nearly up now, surely they didn't just piss away the time doing nothing.

I'm quite surprised the 10 pledges haven't been scrubbed given how he's turned his back on them.

king_tubby

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/05/where-are-labours-big-ideas

QuoteIn an age of permanent crisis, a party that stands only for managerialism will be washed away.

You got what you wanted, New Statesman, you credulous goons.

monkfromhavana

Sebastian Cobb

It seems it's not just Kieth that's trying to win hearts and minds with books, Paul Waugh's inews article is reporting

Quote@wesstreeting
 is writing a childhood memoir, due out 2023
@lisanandy
 is writing a book on how Labour can win back working class votes, due out September.
Both approved by
@Keir_Starmer
 so NOT leadership pitches (though their books won't harm their chances one day)

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1531629761654624261 / https://inews.co.uk/opinion/as-mothers-skip-meals-to-feed-their-kids-voters-look-hungry-for-a-change-from-boris-johnson-1660408

king_tubby

Haven't these people got jobs? My taxes are paying for Wes Streeting to write about his love of McDonalds.

This country.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on May 31, 2022, 02:46:36 PMHaven't these people got jobs? My taxes are paying for Wes Streeting to write about his love of McDonalds.

This country.

Who do they think will read this shit? Aside from journalists, I feel most of this would amount to preaching to the choir. I'm sure the same applies to critical books too - fans of Starmer probably aren't going to read The Starmer Project. You've probably got to be a proper historical rotter for someone opposed to you to have enough morbid curiosity to read your book.

Paul Calf

I'll read Streeting's book if he promises to explain how he got that nasty smirk permanently plastered over his lower jaw.