Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 02, 2024, 07:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RHLSTP Revived

Started by Tony Tony Tony, February 08, 2023, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilkes

Quote from: Pranet on January 30, 2024, 04:44:06 PMThat might be it. I had a feeling there was something else. But god knows.

They did another one at Hammersmith in 2008, not sure what the occasion for that was though. Again Herring was the best thing about it, but take Lee away and you just have an annoying man with no contrast to take the edge off.

dimly remembering.. a DVD extra for one of the Go Faster Stripe releases? Either a commentary or a filmed conversation?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 30, 2024, 01:59:58 PMStew's been dismissive of Rich for a long time, which I always thought was shit of him, but Rich has only expressed actual dislike for Stew since he was last on RHLSTP. From where I was sitting, it didn't seem like the Avalon thing was upsetting Rich, but turns out it was.

Yeah, Rich discussed it on the podcast below:

Quote from: Stinky Lomax on November 17, 2023, 06:08:21 PMThat tweet doesn't have the link either: https://auddy.com/shows/entertainment/namaste

The most notable quotes for me were that Herring saying "It wasn't a very healthy relationship", "I was bullied a bit by him" and "He's a real inspiration to all comedians, um, he could have been a nicer person inbetween".

Pranet

Quote from: Twilkes on January 30, 2024, 05:11:30 PMLive show:

Ah yeah I think that was the one I was thinking of.

Pranet

On another subject I've just listened to the Jason Cook one and can also recommend it.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Twilkes on January 30, 2024, 05:11:30 PMLive show:

Awww I'd forgotten that one. I wish they were still friends and we could get the occasional thing like this popping up for evermore. This was delightful.

"I am him" lol

Pranet

Watching them all young and thin making jokes about being old and fat. Time you relentless fucking cunt.

Snrub

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 30, 2024, 04:27:33 PMI very much want Collings and Herrin to get back together, but if anything that seems even more unlikely.

Another reunion would be nice - Andrew's appearance on RHLSTP is now almost 7 years ago - it was only 6 years between the falling out and that reunion! I do remember that reunion being a bit odd and awkward and it's now totally bizarre to think of that being a thing and then being a double act and being that close.

I totally agree, him reuniting with Andrew does seem more unlikely. I wonder if that hurts Rich more than the Stew stuff, but he never talks about it as he probably has more respect for Andrew than he currently does for Stew.

EOLAN

Sounds like I am going have to ask if anyone was the Leeds RHLSTP, and what the first guest was like.

Snrub

Not listened to the latest one yet, but I'm assuming it's a reference to the infamous binned episode with Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs who I think came on stage in a state of advanced refreshment and it was all a bit embarrassing and Rich chose not to put that one out.

jimboslice

Quote from: Snrub on January 31, 2024, 09:56:12 AMNot listened to the latest one yet, but I'm assuming it's a reference to the infamous binned episode with Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs who I think came on stage in a state of advanced refreshment and it was all a bit embarrassing and Rich chose not to put that one out.

The day that was recorded, Leeds beat Derby at Pride Park in the play-off semi-final, which is clearly why Ricky Wilson was hammered.

Senior Baiano

Wilson jumped the gun a bit there, as Leeds lost to Derby in the second leg, losing the tie and missing out on promotion, lol dirty leeds

Goldentony

oh I wanted to mention the Lee podcasts - I got the series 2 FOF set on CEX handily the other day and finally got round to watching the first one on the DVD set which seemed really nice and although i'd already seen what I assume was the proposed TMWRNJ extra I had another go and it honestly didn't come across that bad but I noticed Herring was still replying to pedople as of s few months ago in the comments to talk about how uncomfortable it was. Maybe it was a disaster but aside from the Avalon jokes and not letting Trevor talk the edited version wasn't that uncomfortable until the end when you see Richard Herring basically with his head in his hands for 20 minutes.

madhair60

sorry which set is that on? Or is this interview available elsewhere? This is the RHLSTP? I didn't know that was on the DVDs

Goldentony

one of the sets has a RHLSTP episode on where they're both pretty matey and hopeful about it all, and then there's this one which sounds from some answers sound like it was supposed to be for the TMWRNJ set with Lee supposedly pissed and making fun of Rich being with Avalon still - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br7sxRPqMZU

it really does seem alright mainly but then you honestly have to see Herring's body language as the show goes on, it's the funniest thing about it, and as mentioned he's still replying to comments

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on January 30, 2024, 12:44:35 PMI think it is real and they hate each other and one day one of them will inevitably kill and eat the other.

If Rich eats Stew down to the bone, they'll finally reclaim the little-fat-jolly-one / skinny-cynical-one dynamic.

Then Rich could go back on the road as "Fist of Fun" with Stew's skeleton as his partner.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: madhair60 on January 30, 2024, 01:07:14 PMi don't want them to get back together. do people want that?

I want that.

But it's mostly because I want my youth back.

My precious... precious youth

Snrub

May be misremembering but I'm sure Rich has said that on the awkward Stu RHLSTP there was some stuff that didn't make the edit that was put out

frajer

Quote from: Snrub on February 02, 2024, 09:41:51 AMMay be misremembering but I'm sure Rich has said that on the awkward Stu RHLSTP there was some stuff that didn't make the edit that was put out

No I heard the same when Herring spoke about it on someone else's podcast (sorry, can't remember which it was for the life of me).

From what I recall, Lee kept saying "Leave Avalon" over and over and over again, in what sounds like it could have been a bit - or at least started off that way - but got quite aggressive and made Herring feel uncomfortable.

Goldentony

Is there any idea what would/could have actually been on the TMWRNJ set as extras? going live means no extra studio stuff doesn't it, can't remember if they said they actually filmed many of the Rod Hull sketches either. Live stuff?

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Goldentony on February 02, 2024, 10:08:13 AMIs there any idea what would/could have actually been on the TMWRNJ set as extras? going live means no extra studio stuff doesn't it, can't remember if they said they actually filmed many of the Rod Hull sketches either. Live stuff?

Histor and Pliny rushes?! Plus commentaries if Stew could have been bothered.

Quote from: madhair60 on January 30, 2024, 01:07:14 PMi don't want them to get back together. do people want that?

I don't want them back together as an act really. I like what they do separately but I'd like to think there was still some fondness for each other.

I've had a couple of quite close friendships end in the past few years, in retrospect quite suddenly and without any real reason. Sometimes it only takes one side getting the hump about something minor, then not talking for a month or so, then it just goes on and on until you realise, oh I'm not friends with that person anymore....

I accidentally started watching an episode of TMWRNJ last night, where Rich is sponsored by cress and ends with his exposed belly, with Robbie Williams drawn on it it, belly button singing 'Angels' in a duet with an Alien chestbuster....I very much enjoyed it. That show was chaotically brilliant. Such a strange clash of styles and sketches. Quite rude too! Hooray!

Andy147

Quote from: perplexingprocrastinator on February 02, 2024, 09:21:26 AMIf Rich eats Stew down to the bone, they'll finally reclaim the little-fat-jolly-one / skinny-cynical-one dynamic.

Then Rich could go back on the road as "Fist of Fun" with Stew's skeleton as his partner.

"It's your skellington, Stew, call it by its name".

Steve Faeces

The latest book club with Bob Cryer, Barry's son, is really good and well worth a listen. Will pick up the book. I don't really get on with audiobooks but sounds like there are some decent extras.

Rankersbo

Bob Cryer... not the deceased MP for Keighley. Or the fictional police Sargent.

lauraxsynthesis

Herring has so many memes on the go I'd forgotten this one:

"My wife got 65,536 Ferrero Rochers today."
https://x.com/Herring1967/status/1757699332810117425?s=20

madhair60

Rankersbo

2^17=65536. They've been together 17 years

frajer

New one with Sooz Kempner is a good listen. Liked the Doctor Who stuff, particularly her response to Rich's "So you're in every medium of Doctor Who you can be in."

Spoiler alert
Sooz: "Apart from the show, yeah."
[close]