Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,655,438
  • Total Topics: 107,925
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 06:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast 2: The Sequel

Started by Petey Pate, March 16, 2023, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Oliver

I started a watch of this a month back and am have just finished the third OSCERS sepcial. Absolutely in bits at some of it. I've heard that the show compltely changes as it goes along and I can't wait for the ride.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: Lost Oliver on February 02, 2024, 07:10:39 AMAbsolutely in bits at some of it. I've heard that the show compltely changes as it goes along and I can't wait for the ride.

It both completely changes and stays exactly the same. If you're liking it so far, you're in for a great ride.

If you need any help with the dense lore of the thing, this might help -

https://oncinematimeline.com/

I can't remember what's going on in Season Three. Is Dr San still putting acupuncture needles into Tim's face?

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: Pimhole on January 29, 2024, 05:39:05 PMItaly could sweep Eurovision with this.

It's immediately joined "Our Values Are Under Attack" as a Dekkar banger which I actually can't stop singing to myself. I love Manuel and Axiom so much - and Corwin seems like a once-in-a-generation talent!

Lost Oliver

Quote from: perplexingprocrastinator on February 02, 2024, 08:50:04 AMIt both completely changes and stays exactly the same. If you're liking it so far, you're in for a great ride.

If you need any help with the dense lore of the thing, this might help -

https://oncinematimeline.com/

I can't remember what's going on in Season Three. Is Dr San still putting acupuncture needles into Tim's face?

Nice one. Cheers! Not sure whatI'm going to do when it goes off YouTube, but I don't think I need to worry about that for a while. I am love it, it's right up my street. I've just finished the third special so am on season 6. Decker season 2 is about to come out. Favourite line was in the previous season when Tim put Gregg in Decker without his consent: "Being part of a family doesn't mean you agree to being raped by dad!"

BlodwynPig

Petey Pate

Found
Spoiler alert
Gregg asking Kali out while still droning on about VHS tapes
[close]
to be the one of the most excruciating moments in this whole series.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Queen Peach on February 03, 2024, 09:12:14 PMeverything is on soulseek, don't worry

This current season doesn't appear to be!

(I'm justifying myself by having had a HEI subscription for 3 years, but forgetting to really watch much of it until now)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Petey Pate on February 07, 2024, 04:47:31 PMFound
Spoiler alert
Gregg asking Kali out while still droning on about VHS tapes
[close]
to be the one of the most excruciating moments in this whole series.

Nearly as excruciating as the Jamiroquai clip

QDRPHNC

Just catching up with these and the clip of the Pep Boys movie with Gregg trying to make sure the broom was getting some screen time made me laugh a lot.

Also love how Joey P. has better taste in movies that Gregg.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 08, 2024, 12:31:35 PMAlso love how Joey P. has better taste in movies that Gregg.

That hack. Doesn't give the runtime. No bag-based rating system.

That's not what i call expertise

BlodwynPig

Potterheads going crazy over the news of 16 new Potter films.

Chollis

After a promising start I feel like this is going through the motions a bit. Want some development with the G Amato and Joey "Patron" Patrocelli bits. Lithium/HEI ranch has to come to a head soon? Been teasing it for a long time.

Was hugely impressed by last season's Oscar special though and expect big things from AmatoCom.com. Can't doubt these lads.

Chollis

ok that last one was pretty good.

Spoiler alert
who have we got for the shooter? i'm going with Joey P (explains his absence) under orders from G Amato/Tim?
[close]

Petey Pate

Quote from: Chollis on February 23, 2024, 04:33:20 PMok that last one was pretty good.

Spoiler alert
who have we got for the shooter? i'm going with Joey P (explains his absence) under orders from G Amato/Tim?
[close]

Seems like the most obvious conclusion. Perhaps the real twist is
Spoiler alert
the extent to which Tim is in on it, it's certainly heavily implied that is, but he does seem out of his depth and easily manipulated when it comes to his mob connections.

There's also the matter of Gregg owing the Amato's money after squandering the 'prop budget', which could lead to some horrible results.
[close]

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 27, 2024, 12:42:02 AM
Spoiler alert
Could the shooter be Mark Pork?
[close]

Was thinking that but his movements were not what i would expect

QDRPHNC

I hadn't considered Joey P until I looked at this thread, but he's pretty hench, the guy in the video looked more schlubby.

Skip Bittman

Are you guys serious? It's obviously Tim. Has his goatee from this season, his build, and his jawline. And he gets super shifty when he sees himself on the video.

He's the only one with a motive, since he was under the impression she was working with the DA. Look at his expression when she says she wasn't. And he has guns.

It'll be fun seeing how it all comes together in the Oscar Special. Curious about Joey P getting super nervous with Tim and then bailing after the sitdown with Amato... and what role will THE POWER OF MERCY have?

QDRPHNC

You could well be right. I get that that Tim is behind it, but he seems too smart/cowardly to actually carry it out himself.

BennyHedgehog

The last episode was great, particularly this amazing moment during Toni's tearful recounting of what happened during the attack

https://x.com/earvlikes/status/1760299495835967843?s=61&t=bRoICzqnlVEmi8vrktO5bQ

Pimhole

I'm worried for Gregg. In Joey P's absence he's finally back in the 'co-presenter' chair he's been angling for all season. Which puts him in a more senior position on the show. Which... recontextualises his pestering Kali for a date.

I think he may get #MeToo'd

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on February 27, 2024, 03:51:53 PMThe last episode was great, particularly this amazing moment during Toni's tearful recounting of what happened during the attack
https://x.com/earvlikes/status/1760299495835967843?s=61&t=bRoICzqnlVEmi8vrktO5bQ

That got a big laugh from me, as well as Gregg's doleful hey guys at the start of the show.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Skip Bittman on February 27, 2024, 02:54:16 PMAre you guys serious? It's obviously Tim. Has his goatee from this season, his build, and his jawline. And he gets super shifty when he sees himself on the video.

He's the only one with a motive, since he was under the impression she was working with the DA. Look at his expression when she says she wasn't. And he has guns.

It'll be fun seeing how it all comes together in the Oscar Special. Curious about Joey P getting super nervous with Tim and then bailing after the sitdown with Amato... and what role will THE POWER OF MERCY have?

I ruled out Tim because I thought the shooter got shot in the footage (Gregg certainly seemed to think so) and if so that would explain Joey's absence. However, watching it back, it's unclear whether they're actually hit by the bullets fired by Matt.

Tags: