Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

February 26, 2024, 11:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sam Campbell UK tour

Started by Tiggles, October 06, 2023, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

privatefriend

Had planned gift my GF a Sam Campbell e-ticket for X-mas by wrapping up a tin of Campbell's soup only to discover it's seemingly completely discontinued in the UK as of a few months ago. Big money scalpers selling soup on e-bay.

CHRISTMAS RUINED

g0m

could just buy a us can. or a worhol print

Bartholomew J Krishna

I bought tickets to see Sam in Leeds as that was the closest gig to me. Then he announced a gig in Newcastle (which is much closer), so I bought tickets for that too. After consultation with the current Mrs. Krishna I've decided that I can't justify the expense of travel/accommodation for the Leeds gig and have decided to sell the tickets.
 So, I have two tickets for the gig at the City Varieties Music Hall in Leeds on 1st March. They're in the middle of the front row and, as it's you, I'm selling at face value (£38 for the pair).
 First come, first served and all that. Cheers.

poloniusmonk

I've got two Row C tickets to the sold out Warwick Arts Centre gig on Feb 2nd that we now can't make. PM me if you'd like them, £36 for the pair.

TheDreamIsOver

If you can't find any takers, the WAC does let you refund tickets for credit, just drop them an email.

BritishHobo

I'm still on the waitlist for Cardiff Glee Club if anyone with tickets to that gig also fancies not being able to make it, thanks

poloniusmonk

Quote from: TheDreamIsOver on January 16, 2024, 02:52:41 PMIf you can't find any takers, the WAC does let you refund tickets for credit, just drop them an email.

Cheers, good to know

TheDreamIsOver

First night of this tour last night and thought it was incredible

Tiggles

Very much looking forward to hearing reports of this tour. Thank you! Manc is second to last towards the end of March, can't wait.

_sosorry_

Quote from: Bartholomew J Krishna on January 09, 2024, 11:04:20 AMI bought tickets to see Sam in Leeds as that was the closest gig to me. Then he announced a gig in Newcastle (which is much closer), so I bought tickets for that too. After consultation with the current Mrs. Krishna I've decided that I can't justify the expense of travel/accommodation for the Leeds gig and have decided to sell the tickets.
 So, I have two tickets for the gig at the City Varieties Music Hall in Leeds on 1st March. They're in the middle of the front row and, as it's you, I'm selling at face value (£38 for the pair).
 First come, first served and all that. Cheers.

Are these still available?

DrJ

I'm going tonight in Dublin, does anyone know who the support is?

TheDreamIsOver

Oosp

Was there tonight. Treeeeeeeemendous! Lost count of the amount of times I said fuck yeah in my head whenever he swerved at exactly the right moment in the middle of a bit or added precisely the right sting to some daft shit and took it to an even dafter place. Fuck yeah!! Thank you Sam xx

g0m

loved that. did he do the celebrity guest bit on any of the UK shows? was it someone else?

sprocket

I'd be interested in how the microscope bit changes between venues too.

Tiggles

This is all making me enormously giddy.

As I'll inevitably check any new posts on this thread before he gets to Manchester at the end of March, could I make a selfish request that any discussion specific bits/ props are put in spoiler tags?

DrJ

Yeah, Dublin was truly excellent.  It was packed, the gig was moved from a 120 person venue to a 1,200 person venue.   

Spoiler alert
I too would like to know who else is in the microscope on tour, because the reference in Vicar St was very specifically only going to get that response from that audience.  Plus getting to see the Taskmaster trophy put a big goofy grin on my face. 
[close]

Halftime at the Belfast
Quote from: DrJ on February 07, 2024, 03:44:19 PMYeah, Dublin was truly excellent.  It was packed, the gig was moved from a 120 person venue to a 1,200 person venue.   

Lots of specific material in Belfast, including calling all the Dublin audience tongue-lolling simpletons amused by the primary colours. We got

Spoiler alert
Micheal Barrymore under the telescope
[close]

Norton Canes

Really excited for the Manchester show

Spoiler alert
Don't even have tickets
[close]

TheDreamIsOver

Quote from: Average Comedy Enjoyer on February 07, 2024, 10:36:09 PMHalftime at the Belfast
Lots of specific material in Belfast, including calling all the Dublin audience tongue-lolling simpletons amused by the primary colours. We got

Spoiler alert
[close]

Spoiler alert
Same as the Warwick Arts Centre
[close]

sprocket

Quote from: Average Comedy Enjoyer on February 07, 2024, 10:36:09 PMHalftime at the Belfast

Spoiler alert
[close]

Spoiler alert
Thanks, it was equally lovable rogue Ian Bailey in Dublin.
[close]

surreptitious

Spoiler alert
[close]

Spoiler alert
I saw Sam in Dulwich in London a couple of weeks ago, and he did the primary colours gag but with 'Wich's, so Greenwich were the idiots amazed by primary colours.
[close]

g0m

Quote from: surreptitious on February 08, 2024, 07:05:08 PM
Spoiler alert
I saw Sam in Dulwich in London a couple of weeks ago, and he did the primary colours gag but with 'Wich's, so Greenwich were the idiots amazed by primary colours.
[close]

Spoiler alert
in dublin it was the NI people iirc
[close]

Saw him in Reading last night, not local to me but glad I made the journey. Echo everything that's been said about him, great show! So many fantastic little touches and oddball moments that I wouldn't want to spoil.

Has it been said before? I love his almost Trump-like rhythm and delivery of his asides.

Michael Barrymore did make an appearance but not under the microscope, we had local supposed-legend, the fit cookie.

I can't get the non sequitur

Spoiler alert
I'm sure you've noticed by now that I recently lost my debit card
[close]

out of my head

Just got an email saying his Liverpool show at the end of this month is now rescheduled for Easter Sunday!

Tiggles

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on February 13, 2024, 12:17:06 PMJust got an email saying his Liverpool show at the end of this month is now rescheduled for Easter Sunday!

He's now doing two gigs on that night in Liverpool. So loads of tickets going for the 6.30pm one, limited tickets for the 9.30 slot.

Wonder if this means he'll change other dates/ add more shows?

Quote from: Tiggles on February 13, 2024, 12:53:53 PMHe's now doing two gigs on that night in Liverpool. So loads of tickets going for the 6.30pm one, limited tickets for the 9.30 slot.

Wonder if this means he'll change other dates/ add more shows?

They added an extra show a few weeks ago (when the date was still Feb).
 I think the issue is the venue rather than Sam - it should have been open ages ago and it still isn't finished.

DrGreggles

He added a 2nd Cambridge date for end of this month, which I hadn't seen.
Sold out straight away apparently, so I'll have to call in a favour.

It's not what you know...