Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

February 26, 2024, 10:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Defied Comedy - Graham Linehan is Still a Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 20, 2024, 11:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden E. Pump

Quote from: wrec on February 13, 2024, 12:43:35 AMFantastic. Did you rustle this up in 22 minutes?
Heh - no, I already had it saved in my Glin Bin folder of cruel images. It's from about a year ago, if you go and look at his tweets from that date it should match up with the card. There are a couple more, if you search Twitter for 'glingo'

wrec

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on February 13, 2024, 01:44:21 AMHeh - no, I already had it saved in my Glin Bin folder of cruel images. It's from about a year ago, if you go and look at his tweets from that date it should match up with the card. There are a couple more, if you search Twitter for 'glingo'

Amazing. How big would an encyclopaedia of post-bananas Glinner lore be at this stage

Jumblegraws

Ask Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, she writes and edits one about once a month (thanks, PBGC!)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: wrec on February 13, 2024, 01:49:18 AMAmazing. How big would an encyclopaedia of post-bananas Glinner lore be at this stage
Borderline stalking and more attention than he deserves, which is why we're not doing it

Sonny_Jim

Kiwi farms but we're the good guys doesnt really wash.  Treat them with the disdain that they deserve, but other than that arsed cigs mate

Jumblegraws

Don't wanna talk over wrec or anything, but I don't think they were being as serious as the above responses suggest

Rankersbo

Quote from: Gladys on February 13, 2024, 10:16:58 AMThis has been taken down now.

Hopefully the editors will see it as proving the articles point

Quote from: Jumblegraws on February 13, 2024, 09:30:05 AMDon't wanna talk over wrec or anything, but I don't think they were being as serious as the above responses suggest
I'm sure wrec was just thinking aloud. However Graham is a litigious fucker who reads this or has people who read this and tell him about it. So. For any of them. Or him. No. We're not doing that.

Pixel Pusher

Quote from: Gladys on February 13, 2024, 10:16:58 AMThis has been taken down now.

Why was it taken down, do we know? It didn't seem to be an attack on anyone.

Jumblegraws

Kathleen Stock pointed out some factual errors written about herself (including referring to her as 'Katherine') which I'd accept (through gritted teeth) was a valid complaint. I'd guess it has something to do with that.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 13, 2024, 11:57:42 AMHowever Graham is a litigious fucker who reads this or has people who read this and tell him about it.

Hi Graham, you're an abusive cunt and a bully. Get the fuck off Twitter before it somehow does even more damage to your miserable existence. Cheers xxx

Rankersbo

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 13, 2024, 11:57:42 AMI'm sure wrec was just thinking aloud. However Graham is a litigious fucker who reads this or has people who read this and tell him about it. So. For any of them. Or him. No. We're not doing that.

That gang can either misinterpret through stupitity or through being maliciously disingenuous*.

*See also the phenomenon of using inclusive values dishonestly as a stick to beat inclusive people.

wrec

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 13, 2024, 11:57:42 AMI'm sure wrec was just thinking aloud. However Graham is a litigious fucker who reads this or has people who read this and tell him about it. So. For any of them. Or him. No. We're not doing that.

I wasn't thinking aloud so much as making a throwaway and pretty banal (and I would have assumed impossible to misinterpret) remark about the fact that saying something as daft as "Glingo" brought up an existing meme, and the reactions to that are ridiculous.

DrGreggles

I think being litigious means actually suing someone, rather than saying you're going to and never getting around to it.

It's the legal version of the difference between being involved in a pub altercation and hiding in the corner.

@wrec I didn't think you meant anything other than "boy he's been insane in the plantain forEVER" and I sincerely apologise for making you feel you were being attacked or singled out. I just felt it was best to say something because Glinner is aware of the threads, and because there's been talk before (not by you) of keeping receipts and adding links etc. which could land the forum in hot water.

Quote from: Rankersbo on February 13, 2024, 01:53:03 PMThat gang can either misinterpret through stupitity or through being maliciously disingenuous*.

*See also the phenomenon of using inclusive values dishonestly as a stick to beat inclusive people.
Oh absolutely. Graham throws a hissy fit when people accurately repeat stuff he's said, in writing, on Twitter, for anyone to see. And he hates being described as a transphobe, even though that's what he is.

But (and this is not directed at anyone in particular) we are walking a fine line between stalking and pointing and laughing. I don't catalogue every stupid hateful thing he says, or every wank "Bawww I'm Cancelled" event he attends, or every celebrity he desperately tries to goad into a fight, or every lawsuit he says he's involved in. Firstly because the opening post would be thirty screens long, but more importantly because it would look excessive and stalkery. Not just to outsiders, but to people here who don't like these threads. There are almost no dates in the timeline for the same reason. I will never add links or receipts. It's an oral history, if you like, of how he went from successful and beloved comedy writer to an utterly banana-brained cunt.

The timeline will be cut down further for the next thread.

Kelvin

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 13, 2024, 02:28:52 PMThe timeline will be cut down further for the next thread.

Phase 1:  Go bananas

Phase 2:  ?

Phase 3:  Profit

wrec

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 13, 2024, 02:28:52 PM@wrec I didn't think you meant anything other than "boy he's been insane in the plantain forEVER" and I sincerely apologise for making you feel you were being attacked or singled out.

No worries, and I appreciate that. It just felt like it escalated quickly to my alarm!

QuoteThe timeline will be cut down further for the next thread.

No harm even just to save you a lot of thankless admin.

The fake teacher is unsurprisingly leaning into his 15 minutes of fame, critiquing Contrapoints here.

Such a tool.

Mx Wrongs

I'm wondering how many Pride marches Graham has attended in his life.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on February 13, 2024, 06:14:43 PMI'm wondering how many Pride marches Graham has attended in his life.

Hmm....

Is it none?

king_tubby

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on February 13, 2024, 06:14:43 PMI'm wondering how many Pride marches Graham has attended in his life.

Eh? I thought that lot were all up in arms about 'kink at Pride' and suchlike?

GazzoftheGreen

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on February 13, 2024, 06:14:43 PM

Our survey says fuck all.

buttgammon

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on February 13, 2024, 06:14:43 PM

He's really hoping this happens because it'll give him license to insult gay people for celebrating their sexuality.

Kankurette

I can guarantee that if that happened, Linehan and his right-wing friends would scream about how the gays are corrupting Our Children and why can't Pride be respectable. Loads of them complain about leather daddies and anything remotely kinky.

Glebe

Róisín Murphy was on RTE's The Tommy Tiernan Show the other night, I switched on halfway through the interview and didn't actually cop who it was until Tommy announced her doing a song. As I say I didn't catch the start but it's beyond unlikely her trans views came up at any point.