Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 02, 2024, 09:19:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and Horses

Started by Leej88, June 08, 2021, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Glebe

Michael Jayston who played Raquel's dad James Turner 'In Time On Our Hands' (and who helped finally make them millionaires of course) has passed away.

That Grauniad obit mentions a number of notable roles but aside from OFaH I've only seen him as Peter Guillam in the original BBC series adaptation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (he was unavailable for Smiley's People and was replaced with Michael Byrne in that) and a couple of episodes of Thriller. In any case RIP.

idunnosomename

Catalogue Trousers

'THE JOLLY GANG ARE BACK'

Fucking deso.

Not even grammatically-correct. IS back, you wankers.

neveragain

I find the way 'Acting' is mentioned among the activities quiet deso.

Nowhere Man

Also, all of them are minor 1 episode characters. (No disrespect intended or anything)

Seems a bit steep at £20 to £30.

Shaky

Top left activities:

SUCTION
WAFFLE
HANGING
PHOTOS
GREET + GREET

TheMonk

My God that Only Fools And Horsez event looks entirely depressing.

idunnosomename

Sorry for overshadowing your death Mr Jayston

frajer

Accidentally hired the Jelly Gang

idunnosomename

Quote from: TheMonk on February 13, 2024, 12:52:33 PMMy God that Only Fools And Horsez event looks entirely depressing.
even more when you see the Joe Longthorne theatre at the end of North Pier's other big shows this year are Chubby Brown and Katie Hopkins

robhug

I wonder who's on their arse enough to fill the sadly now vacant space on the poster. Cant afford Paul Opacic or Daniel Hill Id imagine but Im sure Vas Blackwood's got his hopes up on hearing the news of the sad passing.

Fambo Number Mive

It's rather sweet in a way that you can appear in one episode of OFAH and be able to appeat at events like these.

Glad the poster says not a musical at the bottom, otherwise I would have been fooled. And glad its not one of those events where you have to take part in the fancy dress competition.

George White

[...]

Fambo Number Mive

If they get really desperate, maybe they could try and get people who were extras in.

I mean, what would you ask these people. I dont even remember Sonia or James Turner.

I'd love to know how the event turns out. Not nearly enough to go though.

George White

Quote from: Glebe on February 07, 2024, 12:10:41 PMMichael Jayston who played Raquel's dad James Turner 'In Time On Our Hands' (and who helped finally make them millionaires of course) has passed away.

That Grauniad obit mentions a number of notable roles but aside from OFaH I've only seen him as Peter Guillam in the original BBC series adaptation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (he was unavailable for Smiley's People and was replaced with Michael Byrne in that) and a couple of episodes of Thriller. In any case RIP.

He was in Nicholas and Alexandra, a film my dear old mam was fond of.  Though she didn't cop that Tom Baker was Rasputin. Nearly got him an Oscar nom.

Glebe

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 07, 2024, 12:28:14 PMOh better cross him off then

Oh dear. Poignant.

Quote from: George White on February 13, 2024, 05:01:51 PMHe was in Nicholas and Alexandra, a film my dear old mam was fond of.  Though she didn't cop that Tom Baker was Rasputin. Nearly got him an Oscar nom.

That's a perfect role for Baker! Must have inspired them to cast him in (checks proper title) The Golden Voyage of Sinbad as the bearded villain. More recently the Rasputin in The King's Man seems to have been inspired by Alan Moore.

Fambo Number Mive

They've got loads of Only Fools and Horses events. The Portsmouth one has Nula Cornwell, who played Viv Martella in the Bill.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: robhug on February 13, 2024, 04:10:59 PMI wonder who's on their arse enough to fill the sadly now vacant space on the poster. Cant afford Paul Opacic or Daniel Hill Id imagine but Im sure Vas Blackwood's got his hopes up on hearing the news of the sad passing.

Daniel Peacock is working as a care worker (although hasn't entirely given up on acting), partly due to his experience with his father, Trevor Peacock. He's discussed this a fair bit - https://www.mylondon.news/news/tv/daniel-peacock-only-fools-caravan-25408554

I suppose to some that would qualify to some as being 'on their arse enough' to do this kind of event but personally, particularly due to the social care crisis in this country, it's something that should be applauded.

Glebe

Here's a (sort of) funny thing, as mentioned Jayston played Peter Guillam in the BBC's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Benedict Cumberbatch - who's mother is Wanda Ventham who played Cassandra's mum Pam in OFAH - plays the same role in the 2011 movie adaptation, which also features Roger Lloyd-Pack!

Utter Shit

Quote from: Ignatius_S on February 13, 2024, 06:38:38 PMDaniel Peacock is working as a care worker (although hasn't entirely given up on acting), partly due to his experience with his father, Trevor Peacock. He's discussed this a fair bit - https://www.mylondon.news/news/tv/daniel-peacock-only-fools-caravan-25408554

I suppose to some that would qualify to some as being 'on their arse enough' to do this kind of event but personally, particularly due to the social care crisis in this country, it's something that should be applauded.

I'm not sure it even has anything to do with being on their arses - they're connected to a show that became a British institution, that's probably a source of great pride. Getting paid to spend a weekend seeing old friends while a load of strangers tell you how great you are is a nice bonus, even if it is in a social club where all the pool balls are slightly different shades of red and yellow.

George White

And also make hay while the sun shines and a glider gets in the way.

TheMonk

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 13, 2024, 05:44:58 PM150 quid for a curry* with Mickey Pearce

https://www.onlyauthentics.co.uk/event-details/cash-and-curry-with-pat-murray-2

* curry not included

If his Twitter feed is anything to go by, that would be a most unsatisfying evening.

Glebe

Only Fools and Horses fan creates model Peckham.

Good work but come on, Sotheby's right next to The Nag's? That's just lazy.

Catalogue Trousers

Hey, at least he has got A Rhino Loose In The City.

I can almost forgive him claiming The Jolly Boys' Outing as the best episode for that alone. Almost.

Captain Z

Is the purple triple-decker bus referencing something?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Captain Z on February 18, 2024, 08:04:15 PMIs the purple triple-decker bus referencing something?

it's from Harry Potter

Glebe

Something I'd never copped but apparently John Sullivan cameos in 'Time on Our Hands':

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 18, 2024, 08:19:27 PMit's from Harry Potter

aaaaaaaand it's now a big pile of shit again.

You had one job, fanboy. ONE JOB.