Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Rizla on December 15, 2023, 06:05:02 PMAlso doing the rounds on twitter recently - your flatmate is a Scottish newsreader


She gets it just right. The pronunciation of "turn" and "charger" are particularly nauseating.

Minami Minegishi


This is a few months old now, but I keep coming back to it. I don't know how Limmy keeps pumping out hours of comedy content every week. I laugh more at an average 321 viewing than most comedy specials.

The way he hyper-focuses on little moments, and generally picks apart the utter shitness and laziness of 70s and 80s peak time light entertainment, is very therapeutic.

It's really quite surreal and eye-opening seeing how completely fucking terrible and unfunny TV "used" to be.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on December 15, 2023, 05:49:46 PM

This is my favourite kind of Twitch Limmy. Forensic unpacking of a tiny moment on 3-2-1. I cried.

I was gasping for breath watching this one, absolutely brilliant

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on December 27, 2023, 12:33:37 PMI was gasping for breath watching this one, absolutely brilliant


The fucking repetition of that moment over and over again just gets funnier.

sevendaughters

I didn't see this in the thread when I skimmed it. Watched this on midnight of Christmas Eve and was in bits. Improv story about a uni student working on Barras market.


lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 28, 2023, 09:24:51 AMI didn't see this in the thread when I skimmed it. Watched this on midnight of Christmas Eve and was in bits. Improv story about a uni student working on Barras market.


I love that one. Over the summer I took a couple of friends on their first trip to Glasgow, and in preparation I showed them some Limmy videos including this one. My Argentinian friend loved the Barras market and I struggled to tear her away.

Sonny_Jim


Loved the posing with the sun beam, name a famous scotsman and his general attitude to Fallout characters about to die.

Retinend


Limmy watches a classic Chris Morris sketch - he's clearly full of admiration for this one (Mr. Lizard from Jam).

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on December 27, 2023, 11:45:28 AM

This is a few months old now, but I keep coming back to it. I don't know how Limmy keeps pumping out hours of comedy content every week. I laugh more at an average 321 viewing than most comedy specials.

The way he hyper-focuses on little moments, and generally picks apart the utter shitness and laziness of 70s and 80s peak time light entertainment, is very therapeutic.

It's really quite surreal and eye-opening seeing how completely fucking terrible and unfunny TV "used" to be.
Agree so much, his forensic take on retro TV is brilliant. Had a lorra lorra laughes this year, thanks to Limmy

The retro TV is great, I also love the Google Street View tourism he does, with the deep dives into reviews of restaurants in Butt Fuck, Idaho.

Very grateful to the YouTube channels that filter and highlight the best bits, much as I'd like to I just can't tune in for 5 hours every day.

This one always makes me laugh. I make this exact recipe every New Year's Eve


Lost Oliver

Is there a playlist with these retro TV runthroughs? If not there should be. I'd tune in for that and Google Reviews mostly. Mostly.

Feel like I also have to say that I tune in to most of the stuff he does. I'd choose like it to be a little easier to find what I'm looking for.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Lost Oliver on January 06, 2024, 07:30:25 AMIs there a playlist with these retro TV runthroughs? If not there should be. I'd tune in for that and Google Reviews mostly. Mostly.

Feel like I also have to say that I tune in to most of the stuff he does. I'd choose like it to be a little easier to find what I'm looking for.

The LimmyTwitchClipsPlus and Benny Harvey channels have tons of playlists available. 

https://www.youtube.com/@LimmyTwitchClipsPlus/playlists
https://www.youtube.com/@BennyHarvey/playlists

druss

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on January 03, 2024, 12:34:58 PMVery grateful to the YouTube channels that filter and highlight the best bits, much as I'd like to I just can't tune in for 5 hours every day.
Whilst I do agree, before Limmytwitchclips existed we would get much better quality clips on Limmy's official YouTube channel. If Limmy uploaded something it was 99% gold whereas sometimes the limmytwitchclip guy will upload a two minute video of a cat or Limmy arguing with the chat. Far bigger miss ratio these days although overall more content on YouTube so still a net positive.

Lost Oliver


His Letterboxd review of Midsommar 😀

Spoiler alert
[close]

Quote from: druss on January 06, 2024, 04:14:51 PMWhilst I do agree, before Limmytwitchclips existed we would get much better quality clips on Limmy's official YouTube channel. If Limmy uploaded something it was 99% gold whereas sometimes the limmytwitchclip guy will upload a two minute video of a cat or Limmy arguing with the chat. Far bigger miss ratio these days although overall more content on YouTube so still a net positive.

Yeah a lot of the clips are pretty pointless but at least I can usually tell which ones aren't worth the click (best blahems of 2023 compilation? yeah no)

non capisco

^ Ha ha, excellent!

Also laughed heartily at that Fallout sequence from the 2023 best of compilation, when he runs back from the bunker entrance just to lord it over the people desperately trying to get past the fence again, which reminded me of one of my Twitch era Limmy faves....


^ Almost certainly posted that in this thread before but it cracks me up every time.

lol, the Rust stuff is so toxic but hilarious. I love his God Mode antics



Ferris


He started doing his Fife accent on stream today, makes me helpless with laughter every time, eh?

frajer

Was watching the binning of Alan Wake this morning and started chuckling my head off when he went full Mummy.

Ferris

Quote from: frajer on January 19, 2024, 02:09:35 PMWas watching the binning of Alan Wake this morning and started chuckling my head off when he went full Mummy.

The little
Spoiler alert
"not for me"
[close]
really made me laugh.

turnstyle

Good to see Limmy on Gladiators tonight.


Mr Trumpet

Another excuse to flex his arms on camera


Icehaven

Quote from: turnstyle on January 20, 2024, 06:44:39 PMGood to see Limmy on Gladiators tonight.



Absolute spit. Can't think it isn't him.


Minami Minegishi

I just got permanently banned on Reddit for replying to a Limmy reference with "Kill Jester" due to promoting violence.