Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 22, 2024, 07:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amateur

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on January 24, 2024, 05:06:09 PMI just got permanently banned on Reddit for replying to a Limmy reference with "Kill Jester" due to promoting violence.

No finer way to go

Retinend

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on January 24, 2024, 05:06:09 PMI just got permanently banned on Reddit for replying to a Limmy reference with "Kill Jester" due to promoting violence.

Fuckin hell. What are they teaching content moderators these days?

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Retinend on January 24, 2024, 08:49:53 PMFuckin hell. What are they teaching content moderators these days?

By the looks of things it was a bot. Pretty stunning that a bot can permanently delete someone.

Honestly not that arsed. I'm sure it's some kind of skynet/Kafkaesque nightmare but I'll just create a new account.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Milo

Can someone make a Kill Jester bot that intervenes against the other bot?

Enzo

Quote from: Milo on January 25, 2024, 07:34:09 AMCan someone make a Kill Jester bot that intervenes against the other bot?

Isn't that the plot to Terminator 2?

Milo

frajer

What's your cat's name?

Bobbi.

How's Mr Mittens?

Mr Mittens is fine honey.

*click* Limmy is dead.

popcorn

I saw someone on Reddit claim that something "explicitly" said something. I pointed out that it didn't, just hinted at it. They responded that "there's this thing called hyperbole used for emphasis or effect". I said "I'm going to fucking kill you" and got a Reddit community strike

Quote from: popcorn on January 26, 2024, 03:29:57 PMThey responded that "there's this thing called hyperbole used for emphasis or effect".

I believe Reddit offers special classes, where they teach you to act smugly intellectually superior while saying what is in context the stupidest fucking shit imaginable.

gilbertharding

Some fallout from this tweet:

Scottish comedian and actor Brian Limond aka Limmy attends a photocall during the annual Edinburgh International Book Festival at Charlotte Square Gardens in Edinburgh, Scotland (2017)

This Twitter account that posts pictures from the Getty Library with the original caption (a point which seems to confuse some people, but there we are). There's often a mildly topical rationale behind which pictures they post, but not always.

Seemingly Limmy was snitch tagged, and then blocked the account, which reacted unnecessarily. I think that's it.

Christ, what a world.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 26, 2024, 04:07:28 PMSome fallout from this tweet:

Scottish comedian and actor Brian Limond aka Limmy attends a photocall during the annual Edinburgh International Book Festival at Charlotte Square Gardens in Edinburgh, Scotland (2017)

This Twitter account that posts pictures from the Getty Library with the original caption (a point which seems to confuse some people, but there we are). There's often a mildly topical rationale behind which pictures they post, but not always.

Seemingly Limmy was snitch tagged, and then blocked the account, which reacted unnecessarily. I think that's it.

Christ, what a world.

The "Yorker's one and only Columbo" comments got a giggle from me

Thursday

Probably just found it a bit annoying.

Knowing who the person behind the account is, I know they just find this really funny. There's no beef or anything, it was mildly inconveniencing Limmy on twitter so he blocked. The account has some fun with the situation because it's quite funny to get blocked by Limmy.

Quote from: Thursday on January 27, 2024, 07:36:21 AMProbably just found it a bit annoying.

Knowing who the person behind the account is, I know they just find this really funny. There's no beef or anything, it was mildly inconveniencing Limmy on twitter so he blocked. The account has some fun with the situation because it's quite funny to get blocked by Limmy.
Who's behind that account, then?

Thursday

Well there's a couple of people, but one of them is normally a locked account so I don't want to link to them. I don't actually know them to be clear. I just meant from following them and knowing their style of humor.

The Guppy

Limmy blocks everyone who irritates him for one microsecond. It's a sensible way to use social media, I think. BAMO.

Goldentony

please name them so I never have to interact with someone using 'out of work' as an insult

Chollis

"what you doin?" really got me. love it when he makes himself laugh

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: Chollis on February 01, 2024, 02:22:43 AM"what you doin?" really got me. love it when he makes himself laugh

The capper of "could you try two fingers" is what broke me

spicedgold

Limmy can fuck off for not saying anything about the genocide occurring in Palestine.

Edit: I don't agree with this I was drunk and emotional. Cheers.

Minami Minegishi

Limmy tending to his garden and looking after the kids and ignoring all the horrors over the wall.

jamiefairlie

Still no statement on Palestine, not looking for Limond

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: spicedgold on February 12, 2024, 01:08:15 AMLimmy can fuck off for not saying anything about the genocide occurring in Palestine.

No politics please

Noodle Lizard

I suppose he's not obligated to, and he seems to be incredibly careful these days regarding anything that might threaten his Twitch career, which I think is his only income stream now. Ironically enough, he's probably got to be more careful with a service like Twitch than he ever did while working with the BBC - although people like Hasan Piker seem to do fine whilst being very adamant in their criticism of Israel, Limmy's audience is a bit ... well, they seem to like causing a stir.

It's a shame, since he used to be refreshingly acerbic and you could generally rely on him having the right take, but I understand that not necessarily being sustainable. It's been taking enough of a mental toll on me just knowing about it, let alone opening up the gates to a whole bunch of cunts brandishing antisemitism accusations.

Two Headed Sex Beast

I often see people (well, reddit) say that Limmy is so careful not to offend these days because of his streaming career, but it's more that he's just different from what he was like 10-15 years ago. He's more mellow now. He's changed a lot in what he wants to do and what makes him happy, he speaks about this constantly on stream.

Not sure if people are being serious having a go about him not mentioning Israel, he just doesn't talk about things like that. Don't think he's being "careful", just more like... what's it going to do? He doesn't want to get bogged down in shite that makes people miserable. That makes HIM miserable. Has he spoken about Ukraine? Are we going after every comedian who hasn't mentioned it? Is Bob Mortimer cancelled for not condemning?

druss

What about North Korea? Disgusting that Limmy has not spoken up about Kim Jong Un. He's dead to me.

madhair60

Quote from: spicedgold on February 12, 2024, 01:08:15 AMLimmy can fuck off for not saying anything about the genocide occurring in Palestine.

mate

Limmy also constantly talked about 'what's going to happen? NOTHING' in relation to politics on twitter, every time people are getting excited about Trump going to jail, or a Tory being fired or held to account etc. and so he just seems very weary when it comes to that kind of thing. Probably easier for him to compartmentalise in his 'block and move on' way when it comes to politics and social issues knowing how his brain works.