Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The C&B Steam Group (Version 2)

Started by Bored of Canada, September 08, 2013, 02:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjaminos

This clearly wasn't what I meant to do.

Zetetic

Frozen Synapse

Does anyone want a game, ever

Rev

FUCKING GET IT.

I'm sure we can organise some races.  I'm not being Knuckles or that Roman cunt who looks like Derren Brown though.

Rev

Quote from: Benjaminos on November 14, 2013, 06:32:18 PM
This clearly wasn't what I meant to do.

You're supposed to add everyone on the thread as a friend, then completely forget about the whole thing.

Quote from: Rev on November 30, 2013, 01:37:31 AM
You're supposed to add everyone on the thread as a friend, then completely forget about the whole thing.

I've tried. In fact, I'll try even harder, because I do want to play some Frozen Synapse with Zetetic. Played a bit with a friend the other day and got the hang of it. It's excellent.
I'm also interested in playing some multiplayer XCOM. I'll add everyone on the Steam page and if we're online, just send a message. If you're looking to set up a big game with lots of people of something, post it here and send some messages and get it organised. I do really want to play wit chu people.

Kolba

I'm still working away from home on my laptop so can't really play anything, but hope to be back in about a week. I'm gonna pick up the Red DLC for Frozen Synapse in the current Steam sale to help me get back into the game once I return, then hopefully some online games will be forthcoming!

HEY!

New humble bundle has Natural Selection 2 along with a bunch of other games with their usual pay what you want model, along with more games announced later on.
I've heard both Natural Selection 2 and Magicka are great multiplayer games so these could be good games that everyone can play. Also, if anyone wants to play any multiplayer games, give me a shout over Steam, I'm Ian Clodbucket on the Steam Group.

Rev

Magicka is an absolute pig to get working for online multiplayer unless you've sorted it out in advance and know each other's IP addresses and such.  It's not integrated with Steam in that sense, and is too much of a pain in the arse to bother with unless you're looking for the nostalgia of a creaky mid-90s Doom LAN party.  When people talk about multiplayer they mean local multiplayer, I think - I've periodically tried to get it off the ground with friends over the last year or so, but we've all given up on it.

Anyone still on the fence about Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed needs to pull the splinters out of their arse as it's again free to play this weekend, and is £3.50 if you want to buy it, which you do.

Quote from: Rev on December 06, 2013, 03:46:51 AM
Magicka is an absolute pig to get working for online multiplayer unless you've sorted it out in advance and know each other's IP addresses and such.  It's not integrated with Steam in that sense, and is too much of a pain in the arse to bother with unless you're looking for the nostalgia of a creaky mid-90s Doom LAN party.  When people talk about multiplayer they mean local multiplayer, I think - I've periodically tried to get it off the ground with friends over the last year or so, but we've all given up on it.

Oh really? Damn. That's a shame. Still, I've played a bit single-player, and it's really cool regardless. Especially since I paid practically nothing for it. Natural Selection 2's also quite good now that I've given it a go. Though I'd say the rounds tend to go for a very, very, very long time.

Anyone looking to play anything in the next hour or so? I'm keen for something.

Puffin Chunks

Short notice! ;)

I've been playing a fair bit of war thunder of late. A lot of free fun!

I don't think I've ever been successful with this. Hopefully others have though.
If anyone's down for some multiplayer, just send me a message. I'm really down for some multiplayer XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within..

Johnny Townmouse

If any fuckers are up for World War II shooting pew-pew action on Day of Defeat let me know.

It's the only game I play and I loves it (thanks Slaaabs)

Zetetic

Quote from: Bored of Canada on April 19, 2014, 12:23:33 PM
If anyone's down for some multiplayer, just send me a message. I'm really down for some multiplayer XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within..

Might be up for this, this evening (London timezone). (I think I might have ignored a message from you about at this some point. Sorry! I think I'd left XCOM running and gone to work.)

Benjaminos

How's everyone making out in the summer sale so far? Post your purchases here in a pathetic attempt to win the approval of strangers on the internet, even though no-one cares and you are literally screaming into the void.

Here's mine!

Prototype 2
Prototype
Long Live The Queen
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy VIII
Blockland
Final Fantasy VII
Banished
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Delver
Child of Light
Space Hulk
Age of Wonders III Deluxe Edition
LEGO - The Hobbit
Castle Crashers
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Complete Pack
Betrayer
Rocksmith 2014
Nosgoth
State of Decay - Breakdown
Bulletstorm
Pixel Piracy
7 Days to Die
Marlow Briggs
Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
BattleBlock Theater

kittens

^what a haul! i just got kentucky route zero, fez and FTL. only played kentucky route zero so far, it's a nice game.

Van Dammage

Anyone in the group up for TF2 or CSS?

bitesize

I've bought NOTHING in the Steam Sale so far, not a single game I want has appeared in the Daily Deals or Flash Sales :(
Couple of good ones have appeared in the Community Choice votes but have been voted against. This is balls!

Few things in the regular sale that I want though, so gonna snap them up at the weekend. I seem to remember last time round the very last day of the sale was just an encore day for the various flash sales, and all the regular sale stuff went back up to normal price. Conventional wisdom says wait til the last day of the sale to buy anything that's not in the Daily/Flash Sales so I missed out on a load of deals I was waiting for...

Van Dammage

Got sleeping dogs for 3.99 a second ago. Paid for using the steam money from selling trading cards.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: bitesize on June 27, 2014, 01:43:46 PM...Few things in the regular sale that I want though, so gonna snap them up at the weekend. I seem to remember last time round the very last day of the sale was just an encore day for the various flash sales, and all the regular sale stuff went back up to normal price. Conventional wisdom says wait til the last day of the sale to buy anything that's not in the Daily/Flash Sales so I missed out on a load of deals I was waiting for...

With the encore sales, I think previously that the selected games were the biggest sellers during the sale. One or two times, it's been a bit disappointing (I think last year's Summer Sale was one.)

thraxx

Oh: I was hoping that this would be some kind of East 17 discussion thread. *hangs head in disappointment and exits thread*

Benjaminos

Quote from: kittens on June 27, 2014, 12:45:16 PM
^what a haul! i just got kentucky route zero, fez and FTL. only played kentucky route zero so far, it's a nice game.

Lovely atmos. I haven't even finished the first chapter, thinking about it - what have they released so far, the first two or three?

Quote from: Benjaminos on June 27, 2014, 03:30:20 PM
Lovely atmos. I haven't even finished the first chapter, thinking about it - what have they released so far, the first two or three?

Three. And two short free segue ones on top of that.
I still haven't had the time to play the third one, but the second one really had an effect on me. I saw a lot of people posting both here and elsewhere how they were waiting for it to fully come out so they could play it all at once.

I agree that's a good idea for the telltale ones, but Kentucky Route Zero is such a different beast. It's not really got cliffhangers or an urgent plot where you're racing towards the ending, where all answers are going to be revealed.

No answers are going to be revealed. It's trying to make you interpret and digest it. You couldn't really get much out of it if you played it all in a row. You might have fun with that but you wouldn't be able to let it all sink in.

Anyway, I picked up CS GO as my younger cousin wants someone to play with, and our attempts to play CSS last week (First time I've ever played CounterStrike!) Was not fun because it was all just modded team death match servers where you instantly respawn and kill each other.

That was not what interested me about Counterstrike. I like the idea of permadeath in those rounds, and the tension that creates. Last of Multiplayer was great in that regard, but still not why people would buy that game.

That was it for me. Though I did get the almost free DLC for Metro Last Light with money I got from selling trading cards. Gave one a quick go and it was alright. Just need to find time for games after this fortnight.

I'm up for TF2 with ya, Van Dammage. If you see me online at all, send me a message and I'll likely hop right in if I'm not busy.

Same goes for anyone in the steam group. If you feel like playing any videogame multiplayer, check Riles, the admin in the CaB steam group if I'm online, and send me a message. My profile's public and you can filter by our shared games at the top of the list, so yeah!

kittens

just joined the group[nb]don't tell puffy[/nb], i'm dannyisyrfriend. i dont really have any multiplayer games though. but it's nice to feel part of something isnt it

Van Dammage

Who's up for some insurgency? I got a free copy courtesy of Benjaminos and I must say it's amazing so far.

lazarou

Just joined up here, since I finally have a PC that can hold its own again. Feel free to friend me up and all that. I'm slowly getting back into the whole multiplayer thing, it's just that having Things To Do seems to scupper my plans a lot. I'm up for it when I can, though.

Big Jack McBastard

BigJackMcB - I'll likely only get free stuff or mega cheap insanely addictive things feel free to add me, I tried adding a lot of you tonight but it was all 'error this' and 'try again later' that.

mook

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on November 16, 2014, 02:02:17 AM
BigJackMcB - I'll likely only get free stuff ...

just in case you didn't know these are...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/440

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206210/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236390/

... are so cheap they're free. well, the bog standard versions anyway. you might like the first two, they're just tearing about like a blue arsed fly shooting the shit out of gits.