Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:42:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent Problem

Started by Garam, December 18, 2014, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garam

Hi, i've searched online and can't find the solution to this. Since yesterday evening any torrent file I try to open on either Vuze or BitTorrent causes this warning to come up:

QuoteCould not open 'paul.daniel's.happy.hour.hdtv.x264.fqm.torrent.' It doesn't
appear to be a .torrent file.

Some of the data received:
Unable to properly display the data

The files seem fine. So what's the problem? Please save my christmas, CaB. You're my only hope.

the psyche intangible

You've been downloading way too much slight of heavy of hand stuff. You need to system restore.

Big Jack McBastard

I take it by 'opening' you mean trying to download yeah?

Possibly your program(s) getting the address/name of the torrent wrong somehow...

Does it happen with magnet links?

Try using qbittorrent and see if it does the same.

madhair60

You're going to fucking prison

Garam

I thought the rule was first i get a warning that i can ignore forever and then nothing happens?

If I go to prison will my vuze work and i can download this episode of skint instead of having to watch it on 4od?

Uncle TechTip

Open one in notepad and amidst the wacky characters at the top you should see some filenames and the tracker. That would be a start to see if they are anything close to a torrent file.

BPFHAY

The place you got the torrent from probably has a magnet link available instead of the torrent. Copy and paste that link into your torrent client's magnet opening field.