Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wanting to remove someone's head for animal cruelty

Started by Rev+, March 15, 2024, 12:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poobum

With a little bit of ground squirrel for seasoning.

madhair60

If you forget
I'll remind you
If you're paranoid
I'm behind you
If you lose your head
I'll find you
Glis Glis

touchingcloth

shoulders

Butchers Blind

I was this years old when I realised that a silverfish isn't actually a fish.

Rev+

WELL I'M GLAD WE'RE ALL HAVING FUN.  Nah, yer alright.

Quote from: Underturd on March 15, 2024, 04:41:18 PMJust been looking it up and you're right, they're protected so can only be rem9ved by a licensed pest controller. And if that's not bad enough when you trap an animal using a humane trap you're responsible for its welfare. So shop the bitch.

Sorely tempted but it'd be completely obvious who reported her, and that would invite a whole load of shit I can't deal with.  This isn't a friend, it's a horrible old arsehole who also landed her disabled daughter in hospital twice through neglect.

To those expressing a wish to try this supposed delicacy, from my position as someone with an MA in History, I can say only this:  the Romans were a right sack of manky bastards.  They'd have been all about expired Rustlers burgers if they were knocking around now.

To those unfamiliar with glis glis:  yeah, I forget they're not found everywhere.  One of the Rothschilds got half a dozen as pets, they got out, and it turns out they're really into shagging.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

How do you cook them? I've got a deep fat fryer, will that do?

Underturd

Quote from: Rev+ on March 15, 2024, 08:34:18 PMSorely tempted but it'd be completely obvious who reported her, and that would invite a whole load of shit I can't deal with.  This isn't a friend, it's a horrible old arsehole who also landed her disabled daughter in hospital twice through neglect.

Be good if someone at the hospital shopped her for that then. Or you could drop some cockroaches through her letterbox in the middle of the night, or fleas. Fleas would be better, they're harder to dust for fingerprints.

Kankurette

Do a Gazza and put fish somewhere she won't find them.
Quote from: Underturd on March 15, 2024, 04:10:53 PMEven if you hate mice dormice aren't mice, it's just the name.
They're certainly mouse adjacent.

Underturd

Closer to squirrels I think, or maybe chinchillas.

jobotic

Bit late to the thread but I own this book

Working title of The Banshees of Inisherin

Presenting watching TofP repeats whilst our cunt of a cat is running around chasing a rodent.

It's fucking hanging.

Kankurette

Quote from: Deskbound Cunt on March 15, 2024, 11:34:43 PMPresenting watching TofP repeats whilst our cunt of a cat is running around chasing a rodent.

It's fucking hanging.
You've reminded me of the time when I was on the computer and turned round to see Gary chasing a mouse that I didn't even know was there. I ended up having to put it out of its misery.

Underturd

touchingcloth

Quote from: Underturd on March 16, 2024, 01:53:29 PMNot the same but probably worthy of a machete, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-68584948

Quote"Everything's good now but it was pretty devastating when people rocked up for work in the morning."

"Rocked up" is definitely worth a hatchet job, quite literally.

Video Game Fan 2000

i thought i was illegal to kill dormouse because of cbbc

Cloud

Christ, I understand but the humour here doesn't always work for me

Poor thing

Yeah one of the most cruel things in the universe as someone said (sorry too tired to dig) is the idea of making a living being trust you, and then betraying that trust.  I think really only a human could probably that cruel (I don't actually know much about trust betrayal in the animal world so I could be wrong)

Anagram of a Shit Name

Quote from: Rev+ on March 15, 2024, 12:53:45 AMI'm talking getting a machete and heading over there.  No, I'm not actually doing it, I'm just really sad that there are people like this in the world.  Cried over this because I'm a soft bugger.

This fucking cunt has has had glis glis in her loft for a few years.  They're a protected species, so have to be dealt with in a certain way, and after getting a quote from someone who could remove them, she decided to just leave the buggers to it because she's also very tight. 

Turns out she took it upon herself to buy a humane trap.  They're only really intended to trap one animal at a time, so it's not suitable for the problem, but she bought one, put it up there, and has now checked it SIX MONTHS LATER.

Yeah, a glis glis skeleton, of a poor creature who slowly starved to death in sight of its family.  She managed to turn a humane method into something impossibly cruel.

Sorry, not a thread, just really upset about that.

Says the person with a headless chicken as their avatar.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cloud on March 17, 2024, 01:40:52 AMYeah one of the most cruel things in the universe as someone said (sorry too tired to dig) is the idea of making a living being trust you, and then betraying that trust. I think really only a human could probably that cruel (I don't actually know much about trust betrayal in the animal world so I could be wrong)

Twas me, here
Spoiler alert
Quote from: touchingcloth on March 15, 2024, 02:38:35 PMOne of our dogs is a rescue, and she must have been abused before she came to us because when she sees a walking stick her ears and tail go down and she cowers away looking submissive, appeasing, and terrified all at once.

There's something unbelievably cruel about causing suffering to domestic animals in particular in the betrayal of the trust they put in the humans they live with, and their absolute lack of ability to comprehend their reasons. It's very similar to abuse of young children, but "at least" (I can't think of a better way to phrase that, so I'm putting it in quotes because I don't want to be read as if I'm suggesting it's better to be an abused child than an abused animal) a human can reach the understanding that the problem is with their abuser and not them.

I read about Harry Harlow's "pit of despair" experiments with rhesus monkeys recently (don't search it out unless you want to read about extreme psychological abuse of social primates in the name of research) and it sent me into a pretty dark place at the thought that a person could do that to an animal.
[close]

Maybe other species of social primate are able to get other animals to trust them (are able to keep pets, in other words), and maybe they are able to exploit and abuse this trust in some way. But surely it's only humans who abuse that trust through pointless torture, and who understand full well how much of a betrayal that is.

She should have released that mouse from its cage so that it could run free and wild and get violently ripped apart and shat out by an owl, as God intended.

Rev+

Quote from: Anagram of a Shit Name on March 20, 2024, 05:40:51 PMSays the person with a headless chicken as their avatar.

It's a design classic, and it was obviously quick.

madhair60

yar it is, the cover of Secondhand Clothes, you little scamp.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Personally, I think removing somebody's head for this is a little extreme. Shouldn't we start with community service and counselling?

madhair60

LurkMcGee

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 21, 2024, 01:01:44 PMPersonally, I think removing somebody's head for this is a little extreme. Shouldn't we start with community service and counselling?
Too late.

Off with their swede.

Pimhole

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 15, 2024, 02:38:35 PMI read about Harry Harlow's "pit of despair" experiments with rhesus monkeys recently (don't search it out

OH MY GOD

Spoiler alert
[close]