Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:31:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Defied Comedy - Graham Linehan is Still a Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 20, 2024, 11:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Mx Wrongs on January 22, 2024, 02:14:35 PMI used an online sales estimator with 2023 data to find estimated sales at certain points in the charts

Thanks

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 22, 2024, 03:28:19 PMI'm poor enough that the idea of an extra £6-9 coming into my account every day is genuinely thrilling but probably not for Graham, the star of Little Britain.

Consider how much he's had to do to promote that book, and the kind of money he's earned won't even cover his expenses.

The book's a loss commercially, and will have cost him his reputation. He's not as famous, as popular or as loved as he'd thought.

Milo

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 22, 2024, 04:29:20 PMPhew. Tough crowd.

But not a Tough Choice for... er... Valentine's Day? *Feebly prods Cupid decoration*

The Late Satoru Iwata

How shall we celebrate the anniversary of the debut stand-up show/failed attempt to raise profile prior to book release?

Mx Wrongs

Shaxberd

If you're gonna spend money, bung it to a trans or LGBTQ+ charity (preferably not Mermaids). I'm fond of Gendered Intelligence and the Albert Kennedy Trust personally.

Mx Wrongs

PaulTMA

Hope this is the year he finally has one too many wafer-thin carbonaras, if you know what I mean

PaulTMA

Quote from: PaulTMA on January 23, 2024, 12:00:26 AMHope this is the year he finally has one too many wafer-thin carbonaras, if you know what I mean

Has this cunt had too many carbonaras yet

The Late Satoru Iwata

PaulTMA

anyone else been elbowed out of a group of any kind for not being a transphobe? 

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: PaulTMA on January 23, 2024, 03:28:02 AManyone else been elbowed out of a group of any kind for not being a transphobe? 

What, like T'Pau?

Jumblegraws

Catching up on this thread, thanks as ever for the work you've put in, Poirots.

Glad to say I still don't know wtf people are on about when they talk of what a great and important writer Stuart Campbell was in his Amiga Power days, if only because it must be so disappointing for people who used to like him to read that huffing busybody prose he now spews on a near-daily basis.

Also lol at the guy mentioning Campbell's signature use of the Royal We. I always notice it whenever I hate myself enough to read a WoS article.

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: damien on January 23, 2024, 01:24:53 AMOoh he's got a *lot* to say about potential new names for the 'gender critical' mob

https://x.com/glinner/status/1749573657175773683?s=46&t=bJOqpCuQneT7ju08y55VSA

Yeah I don't think "normal" is a very good descriptor for them when they spend entire hour long youtube podcasts going on about how all of their old friends hate them and their families left too over their obsessionwith making up conspiracy theories about minorities.

Jack Shaftoe

Remember: YOU are normal, THEY have 'ideologies'. YOU have common sense, THEY are 'political'.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: damien on January 23, 2024, 01:24:53 AMOoh he's got a *lot* to say about potential new names for the 'gender critical' mob

https://x.com/glinner/status/1749573657175773683?s=46&t=bJOqpCuQneT7ju08y55VSA

fucking lol, she nearly had an epiphany. Shame they figured it out, that'd have been fucking hilarious.

Sex realist is such a close an analogue of race realist, and Bev Jackson must know that, otherwise she'd not have felt compelled to qualify race realism as 'obnoxious'.

ETA: after spending 5 hours at #17155, National Treasure and Household Name Grahame Lineyhan has climbed 2486 places to reach  #14669/

idunnosomename

I am a normal man! so I am going to spend 18 hours a day posting on the internet telling everyone how normal I am!

retsuza

Ironically I feel driven mad about how normal I am compared to everyone else

dead-ced-dead

As pointed out, being a monomaniacal Twitter cunt is far from normal.

But, what gets me about all conservative minded silly billies is how OBSESSED they are with appearing as or being "normal" or a state of "normality". Like, it's more important to them than being happy or content. They'd rather be seen as being normal and miserable than weird and happy.

Strange.

DreadedScotsman

Kankurette

I am so normal I spend 19 hours a day calling people beards and groomers on Xitter.

retsuza

It's amazing that Arty has convinced him to keep going with the Scientology analogy. Do I even need to go into why it's more analogous to their transphobia cult, than literally everyone on earth who isn't them?

Graham thinks he's gotten the glasses from They Live, it must be exhausting knowing you're so correct and normal and 95% percent of people who've never even heard of the term Gender Critical have been brainwashed. Genuinely would drive you bananas, but I suppose you already have to have had your brain tumble-dried to think like this.

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on January 23, 2024, 11:07:36 AM

"possible association" and the pope may have something to do with Catholicism.
"obnoxious term" Don't like the term itself but any turboracist is welcome at our rallies and be my friend, just be slightly subtle and polite about it :)