Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

James Bond

Started by The F Bomb, February 04, 2024, 03:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

The Oscars really are a load of old wank aren't they

edit: new page, the context for this is that the Oscars (awards) are a load of old wank (rubbish)

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Senior Baiano on March 27, 2024, 09:30:31 AMYeah, it's best when he has a spirited filly to bridle

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on March 27, 2024, 09:34:19 AMI read this in Richard Richard's voice from Bottom.

My brain initially read that name as Richard Burton, which also works.

I chose Exorcist 2 Richard Burton to read the line in my head, though I'm sure many other Richard Burtons would work just as well.

studpuppet

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on March 27, 2024, 09:21:26 AMIt may be because I was born in 1990, but Brosnan being my first gives him a special place in my heart that he may not deserve. I also really dig Goldeneye (again, bias may be playing a big part here).

It's like Colin Baker being your first Doctor.

dontpaintyourteeth

oh I think that's harsh on bronhom

studpuppet

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 28, 2024, 12:36:31 PMoh I think that's harsh on bronhom

Hartnell/Troughton/Pertwee* = Connery (original, serious)
Baker, T = Moore (lighter, more comedy, long tenure)
Davison = Dalton (semi-reboot to serious)
Baker, C = Brosnan (bit tired, nice assistants though)
McCoy = McGann (not there long enough to make a real mark)
Reboots = Craig

*Baker, Baker, McGann...

Senior Baiano

Peter Cushing = Bob Holness

Captain Z

I'm not one of those people irrationally triggered by the thought of Sam Smith, neither am I a massive fan of Radiohead, but I still can't believe his song got chosen over theirs for Spectre. It works so perfectly.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: studpuppet on March 28, 2024, 12:48:17 PMMcCoy = McGann (not there long enough to make a real mark)
You're not kidding, Paul McGann's time as Bond was even shorter than his time as Sharpe.

Mister Six

Quote from: Captain Z on March 28, 2024, 09:45:24 PMI'm not one of those people irrationally triggered by the thought of Sam Smith, neither am I a massive fan of Radiohead, but I still can't believe his song got chosen over theirs for Spectre. It works so perfectly.

Eh, I dunno, I love Radiohead and it's a good tune, but it doesn't have the right vibe for a Bond film, even a shit one, and especially after the banging pre-credits sequence.

PlanktonSideburns

Also radio head are not sexy enough to do a bond theme, its like putting bond in a horse hair cardigan or something

druss

I prefer James Pond.

Senior Baiano

Would have liked a spin off cartoon with those silhouette naked women tossing themselves off on gun barrells and that