Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Traitors UK (Series 2)

Started by Ja'moke, January 03, 2024, 04:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Starts tonight on BBC1 at 9 pm.

The first series (and various international versions) was great, so looking forward to this. I just hope they've added more stakes to the challenges, which were easily the weakest part of the show.

Led Souptin

Spoiler alert
Its interesting that so theyve picked harry to be a traitor, given that hes exactly the same personality type as that guy from the australian season who absolutely dominated the game and made the faithfuls look fucking stupid. Could be interesting but i hope it doesnt pan out the same way, even though that aus season was hilarious
[close]

thr0b

There are a significant number of annoying people this series, based on that first episode. Knitting Woman. Aubrey. Other sneaky woman.

Good task, and good mix. But Knitting Woman and Aubrey are immediately on my "get rid" list.

My list will inevitably change

holyzombiejesus

How often are episodes broadcast? They're not immediately putting the whole series up on iPlayer are they?

Poobum

First 3 are on iPlayer. Think weekly after that. New show to me but loving it. Roundtable for episode 3 went a surprising direction.

Spoiler alert
Hate "clairvoyant" lady and hope she goes as soon as possible. "I detect your childhood affected who you are as a person" no fucking shit.
[close]

Minami Minegishi

Maybe it's because they're new but I'm finding them all exceedingly dull or irritating. The Traitor choices are ok I guess, but I do love that
Spoiler alert
cocky Harry basically quietly hyperventilated and that miserable woman noticed straight away. She also nominated someone for not moving in the line at the start which shows she will be an appalling faithful.
[close]

I like that immunity is linked to with either tasks or to test their sense of fair play.

I hate that they are still doing the shit music, female breathy slowed down covers of well known songs which make me borderline psychotic.

Led Souptin

Called that
Spoiler alert
sonja
[close]
would be the first voted out. You cannae go around making big accusations in the first few days and not get booted.

Does feel quite dull at the moment but it always takes a few episodes to really get going. Can't imagine there's going to be as good a moment as that magician guy going psychotic when his girlfriend was nominated last year though.

Can't believe someone just suggested that two of the contestants are mum and son... absolutely mental prediction. If that is true I will shit a fruit bowl.

Incy Wincy Mincey

Enjoyable nonsense. I'd definitely make a point of just doing Eeny-meeny-miney-mo at the Round Table though.

Ja'moke

The third episode round table is very spicy.

Utter Shit

Quote from: thr0b on January 03, 2024, 10:22:57 PMThere are a significant number of annoying people this series, based on that first episode. Knitting Woman. Aubrey. Other sneaky woman.
I was very worried that they'd do the usual reality TV thing of artificially enhancing the drama by getting in a load of freaks and cunts, but I was pleasantly surprised at how few their were.

First episode spoilers only
Spoiler alert
Really enjoyed the first episode, and loved the way they toyed with player/viewer expectations with the line-up thing. I think that bodes well for the series, as the producers are clearly switched on to the possibility of it becoming samey and predictable.

Based on this first episode only, I'd like to see the army veteran (Milo?) do well, seems like a good sort. The ginger bloke reminds me of one of the Aussie contestants in that he seems to be getting into the role to an excessive degree, the relish with which he talks about killing people is slightly disconcerting.
[close]

Minami Minegishi

Episode 3:

Spoiler alert
The inclusion of a secret mother/son combo slightly recalls the relationship 'secret' in series 1 but doesn't serve much purpose at the moment. I would love to see one of them made a Traitor. 
[close]

That poor lad not being able to pull himself together and getting savaged at the table was like watching an anxiety dream.

Queen Peach

the relationship part is complete bullshit. ruins the integrity of the show

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Queen Peach on January 05, 2024, 01:58:50 PMthe relationship part is complete bullshit. ruins the integrity of the show

I think it creates an interesting element of drama, personally. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the other contestants though, as it does add some advantage.

For me it is the other Traitors series' with their celebrities that fuck things up. The slebs are always really careful, and don't want to nominate their peers.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on January 05, 2024, 02:43:56 PMFor me it is the other Traitors series' with their celebrities that fuck things up. The slebs are always really careful, and don't want to nominate their peers.

It'll be interesting to see how season two of The Traitors US (which starts next week) goes now that it's all ex-reality people. I'm already invested because it has some big hitters involved, including Sandra and Parvati from Survivor and Dan Gheesling from Big Brother US, all legendary gameplayers.

kitsofan34

Episode 3 is absolutely fantastic.

thr0b

A great twist at the end of episode three, yup.

I'm glad the ones which actively annoyed me are gone already. "Big characters". Don't want 'em. Want natural drama, and with them gone, it's already happening. Hurrah!

And coo, an unnecessary schedule-filling spin off on BBC Two. To watch later.

Beagle 2

I'm shellshocked I have to wait until Wednesday for the next one, binged the first series weeks after the event having somehow avoided all spoilers so this feels... I don't know, when did I have to wait patiently for the next installment of anything? The general election?

It's great stuff, golden age of British reality TV throwback. Paul is an actual psycho. I feel like they know not to dick about with this too much because otherwise I would swear he's a ringer.

Joe Oakes

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 06, 2024, 02:11:28 AMPaul is an actual psycho. I feel like they know not to dick about with this too much because otherwise I would swear he's a ringer.

Sort of is a ringer, he's a regular on David Earl and Joe Wilkinson's Chatabix podcast.

He was only supposed to be on a single episode to recount the time he was on Deal or No Deal. He has stretched it out and parlayed his story into about a dozen episodes and counting, and I'm not sure if he's even got to opening a box yet. He really wants to be famous. He's quite a divisive character, but I find his unashamed relentless drive for stardom to be endearing. So far. If I worked with him, I'd probably kill him.

Beagle 2

Hmm, okay.

Spoiler alert
I find him very unsettling and assumed they would have sussed him immediately with but I guess that's why he's a great choice for a traitor. And to be honest, it's fair enough he and Harry went for Ash, she's already deadwood - but it's a massive play at this stage.
[close]

kitsofan34

Paul looks like he's constantly fighting a hard on when he's doing Traitor business. Peculiar man.

Episode 3 spoilers.

Spoiler alert
the Diane and Ross twist was a little odd, especially since Claudia was quite smug about the show not repeating series 1 twists. It doesn't have much dramatic effect yet but is worth it purely for Ross winding his Mum up with neither flinching.
[close]

Led Souptin

Quote from: Led Souptin on January 04, 2024, 03:11:21 PMCan't believe someone just suggested that two of the contestants are mum and son... absolutely mental prediction. If that is true I will shit a fruit bowl.

Ffs I should have seen this coming...

Felt so sorry for brian having a complete meltdown but also these are the moments that I absolutely eat up.

Are you am or am'nt???

Queen Peach

I stand firm that the mother son thing is completely unfair. I'll die on this hill

Ja'moke

Quote from: Queen Peach on January 06, 2024, 11:44:32 PMI stand firm that the mother son thing is completely unfair. I'll die on this hill

They had a boyfriend and girlfriend in the first series, so there's precedent.

Queen Peach

aye it was unfair then too. this is worse because their relationship is stronger

Led Souptin

Quote from: Queen Peach on January 07, 2024, 12:40:03 AMaye it was unfair then too. this is worse because their relationship is stronger

For now...

I would have totally been suspicious when Ross claimed his mum cooked naff roasts. Utterly sinister thing to say.

Diane's a bit nasty but Anthony is genuinely thick.

I've dreamed up a possible winning strategy for faithfuls. Each morning after a murder the last person to enter the breakfast room is a guaranteed cast-iron faithful because the show deliberately milks the uncertainty for the viewers at home. Going through the process of each murder you will gradually build up a bigger and bigger list of faithfuls to form an alliance with.

The only problem is you couldn't say it out loud in case the producers altered the format in response. Either keep it to yourself in the hope you make the final or somehow pass notes, if that's allowed?

bobloblaw

Quote from: LynnBenfield69 on January 07, 2024, 07:53:45 PMDiane's a bit nasty but Anthony is genuinely thick.

I've dreamed up a possible winning strategy for faithfuls. Each morning after a murder the last person to enter the breakfast room is a guaranteed cast-iron faithful because the show deliberately milks the uncertainty for the viewers at home. Going through the process of each murder you will gradually build up a bigger and bigger list of faithfuls to form an alliance with.

The only problem is you couldn't say it out loud in case the producers altered the format in response. Either keep it to yourself in the hope you make the final or somehow pass notes, if that's allowed?

think they're already aware of this - I predict you'll see more groups, or at least pairs, in the 'last one in' bit, e.g. one we know is a traitor and one or two of the most likely to be eliminated

Queen Peach

Quote from: Led Souptin on January 07, 2024, 01:51:55 PMFor now...

I would have totally been suspicious when Ross claimed his mum cooked naff roasts. Utterly sinister thing to say.

yeah but generally a parental relationship is a deeper one than a spousal one

Utter Shit

Quote from: Led Souptin on January 06, 2024, 08:29:26 PMFelt so sorry for brian having a complete meltdown but also these are the moments that I absolutely eat up.
Anyone who enjoyed this moment MUST watch the Australian version, where you can see a man have that same moment but constantly over four or five episodes. It's so, so funny watching this guy desperately trying to convince people he's not a traitor (which he wasn't) and only managing to push himself further into the mud.

Queen Peach

perfect flustered face too. and I think his flailing probably convinced them he was faithful, just a dork who'd just the plot