Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who would want to own this?

Started by non capisco, December 22, 2023, 02:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Quote from: buzby on January 15, 2024, 09:14:53 AMAsk and ye shall receive:

Design Toscano EU4360 Life's Mysteries Cherub Garden Statue, 38 cm, Polyresin, Antique Stone - £50 from Amazon. I doubt they are even going to the bother of recasting it (which would imply a level of effort that all other evidence shows they aren't willing to expend), they probably just buy them and modify the right hand.
Why has that cherub got moobs?

spaghetamine

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 04, 2024, 10:40:34 PMThere's a very annoying Pure Prarie League song, something something, wut u wanna do, I think I could something something, etc.

Riding in car with wife it was on radio, I snapped and said I hate this fucking song turned off radio. Turns out she was standing right behind methat song has the same name as my wife.

I like that song :(

Moj

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 04, 2024, 10:40:34 PMThere's a very annoying Pure Prarie League song, something something, wut u wanna do, I think I could something something, etc.

Riding in car with wife it was on radio, I snapped and said I hate this fucking song turned off radio. Turns out she was standing right behind methat song has the same name as my wife.

wrong thread done a stupid

Ferris

idunnosomename

Missed opportunity to have a hole in the middle O

idunnosomename

saw these the other day in the window of one of those weird mobile phone accessory shops that set up in vacant shopping centre units that you wonder how make any money since there's never anyone in them, just laughed out loud and thought... who would want to own this?

almost certainly come from this chinese wholesale site that's like temu for retailers. dont visit on your phone or it will agressively send you to the play store to try and install their no-doubt data-harvesting app

kalowski

Ferris

If it had a sausage for a tail I'd consider purchasing it for professional grief-purposes.

idunnosomename

you could have the first one with you beside the grave of your dead wife, that for some reason is off axis to every other burial in the cemetery, and bluetooth "Fix You" into its no doubt terrible quality speakers

Midas

These sorts of pretend books

Tee-fucking-hee

idunnosomename

those ladybirds for adults are basically like those greeting cards where there's some oldey-timey stock photo and it has a caption with "fuck" in it. although you dont really seem them any more. it's more just "AVOCADO A GREAT DAY" or whatever

they are also penguin random house ripping off a parody they shut down then realised they could profit off if they did their own versions. although the original artist they shut down is a bit of a cunt. We Go To The Gallery was quite funny but I didn't realise initially it came from a trad "degenerate art" perspective rather than a bit of self-parody of the art world. pro-brexit, transphobic, antivax, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Elia

Midas

Quote from: Midas on March 27, 2024, 10:20:37 PMpretend books

Objects that the middle classes gift each other, as a denouement or punchline to a previous conversation

Midas

idunnosomename

Quote from: Midas on March 27, 2024, 10:40:48 PMWhy do I recognise this name

Was she part of that comedy night Glinehan was involved with
lmao yes

(2023)

jobotic

Brilliant stuff

Sad to see Jim Moir's name on her incredibly self-congratulatory website, although it's because they both feature in a film (by his son).

non capisco

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: non capisco on March 27, 2024, 11:33:08 PMHahaha! You'd hope in separate rooms and by way of coincidence.

it would make an excellent slogan for a manufacturer of computer desk chairs in the early 2000s

idunnosomename

... crusts together? Fuckin hell.

As we all know, ghosts are forced, by an unwritten bond, to perform oral sex on Ghostbusters whilst they sleep.

Is it truly incest if your grandfather is long dead? Would police and social services even be able to tell what's grool and what's ectoplasm? No one knows and that's the way Dan Aykroyd likes it, you'd imagine.

McDead

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 22, 2023, 08:06:44 PMThere's a furniture shop in Kensington called Jimmie Martin that sells the most utterly garish vile tacky looking garbage you've ever seen for astonishing prices. They basically do up old furniture in their own wonderfully unique style.

Observe:

Mirror - £3500

*your

Jerzy Bondov

We went on holiday to Florence and there's all lads on the streets selling posters. They had the famous paintings like Birth of Venus or whatever but then also Heath Ledger as the Joker. Coming back from my Italian holiday with a one of a kind poster of WHY SO SERIOUS. Remember when we went to Firenze my love, yes of course I do, I think of it every time I look at THE JOKER

iamcoop

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on March 28, 2024, 09:47:06 AMWe went on holiday to Florence and there's all lads on the streets selling posters. They had the famous paintings like Birth of Venus or whatever but then also Heath Ledger as the Joker. Coming back from my Italian holiday with a one of a kind poster of WHY SO SERIOUS. Remember when we went to Firenze my love, yes of course I do, I think of it every time I look at THE JOKER

You know what I really fancy when visiting beautiful Italian cities, awed by the majesty of renaissance art? A bootleg T-shirt showing a badly drawn picture of Bob Marley smoking a spliff.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: iamcoop on March 28, 2024, 11:03:36 AMYou know what I really fancy when visiting beautiful Italian cities, awed by the majesty of renaissance art? A bootleg T-shirt showing a badly drawn picture of Bob Marley smoking a spliff.

I'm fascinated that these guys have been peddling exactly the same range of Take-Me-To-Your-Dealer / Bob Marley / ReservoirDogsTrainSpottingPulpFiction posters for 25+ years.

When I was a student, weed was counter-cultural and "cool", and those movies were newish. (Bob Marley I guess is perennial.) But why are today's students still putting the same posters on their dorm walls? Or are they? Is it someone else? Who's buying all this shit?

Kankurette

Weed paraphernalia is everywhere at my local pound shop, loads of lighters with cannabis leaves on them and that sort of thing.

buttgammon

Even Especially as a cannabis user, I find stuff like that deeply embarrassing and when I was an undergrad in the early 2010s, it looked very naff. There's loads of shops like that round here but I'm always left wondering who actually buys this shit.

Icehaven

Quote from: iamcoop on March 28, 2024, 11:03:36 AMYou know what I really fancy when visiting beautiful Italian cities, awed by the majesty of renaissance art? A bootleg T-shirt showing a badly drawn picture of Bob Marley smoking a spliff.

Take a few photos with these stalls visible in the background, post it online with your other holiday snaps, then don't waste precious holiday time buying presents, simply buy similar crap when you get home and hand it out safe in the knowledge there's photographic "proof" you bought it while you were away. You're welcome.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2024, 11:17:06 AMWeed paraphernalia is everywhere at my local pound shop, loads of lighters with cannabis leaves on them and that sort of thing.

Most of the cornershop/combined post offices round my way also sell fucking massive bongs and stuff.

Also because of the football rivalry loads of places have to stock matching Celtic and Rangers grinders/tins/lighters to confirm neutrality.

PlanktonSideburns

You can buy a bong st the post office? Mad