Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:40:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox games going multi-platform (rumours)

Started by The F Bomb, February 05, 2024, 06:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 15, 2024, 08:54:44 PMwould make a case for Gears of War 5 being one of their historic best first party titles for horde mode alone

Couldn't get into it. I was a huge fan of horde mode and it's basically all I liked about the series tbh, but I just couldn't get into 5 at all. 4 was great though.

oggyraiding

Halo 3 was the first proper "event" game I remember. There'd been stuff like Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time in the past, but Halo 3 had the combination of being very good, very hyped, and with well designed online play. I remember the day it came out, every Xbox owner in my secondary school going to Woolies to buy Halo 3, swapping Gamertags to play online together. By the time Halo 4 came about nobody gave a fuck. Even Infinite's free to play online couldn't revitalise the series.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 15, 2024, 09:04:12 PMCouldn't get into it. I was a huge fan of horde mode and it's basically all I liked about the series tbh, but I just couldn't get into 5 at all. 4 was great though.

that's interesting, I kind of assumed that 5's horde mode was more or less unchanged from 4's (which I didn't play).  I know that 4 is where the fabricator got introduced, did the different classes get introduced in 5?

Barry Admin

Yes, I'd forgot about the classes! That's right.

Can't actually remember what I didn't like about 5 now, it's so long ago, and I just didn't stick around very long. Horde is a phenomenal concept.

Pink Gregory

Yeah I have to admit I played it really intensely for a few months and completely dropped it.  Still, nice that you can solo it.

BeardFaceMan

I enjoyed horde in GoW2 but it hit its peak in GoW3, I played the fucking bollocks out of it, that's the best horde mode in any game I've ever played.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 15, 2024, 08:40:37 PMIt's a long long time since Halo and Gears of War were any good, and they were always fairly overrated anyway.

Gears is great, Gears 5 was fabulous fun and the DLC was even better.

Golden E. Pump

Haven't been interested in anything that's been Xbox exclusive since about 2008 but it'll be nice if they let me play the first three GoW games and the first three Halo games on PS5 I guess.

The F Bomb

I've bought and sold four Xboxes since the launch of the XB1 and I enjoyed maybe three Xbox games in that time: FH3, FH4, Flight Sim.