Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Palm Royale (Kristen Wiig)

Started by Better Midlands, March 20, 2024, 10:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: The GuardianPalm Royale review – finally, a proper outlet for Kristen Wiig's talents 3/5

A bit Desperate Housewives, a bit Mad Men, a bit Big Little Lies – this glam drama about 60s high society has everything its star needs to shine. If only her character were more likable ...

First 3 episodes released today.

touchingcloth

Wikipedia describes it as a "period comedy", but from the Youtube screenshot it looks like it's set in the 50s, which is undoubtedly a period, but I wouldn't typically call it period.

I'll give this a go cos Wiig. She's hosting SNL next month, for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

(One of the stars is Ricky Martin. Wut.)

Dex Sawash

We watched first one until just after I thought CJ off the white house show was Peg Bundy and then fell asleep.
8/10

Edit- west wing

Watched the first three, it's just OK - a bit Desperate Housewives as mentioned above but not as snappy.

Looks great though, lovely period sets and clothing.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 21, 2024, 12:15:37 PMLooks great though, lovely period sets and clothing.

I'm guessing the art direction was heavily influenced by the superb work of Slim Aarons.