Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greg Davies - Full Fat Legend (Tour)

Started by BritishHobo, March 26, 2024, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Greg Davies has announced the dates for his upcoming tour Full Fat Legend:

Presale tickets are available if you're on his mailing list, look to be about £60 each. I absolutely love his stand-up and would love to see him live - the Utilita Arena in Cardiff is a fucking rubbish venue for comedy though.

Anyone else gonna go along?

her?

He's a pretty big deal these days isn't he?! I too would like to see him but I hate the Resorts World Arena so will miss out. I'd much rather he was doing a smaller venue for a few nights like in other places.

TheDreamIsOver

Managed to get decent stall seats for Oxford rather than having to go to the Resorts World Arena, looking forward to it. Comfortably the most I've ever paid for a comedy show though.

mhmhmh

Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Obviously the best days for comedy. Or does he have the kids on the other days, don't really know.

DrGreggles

Might have to Oxford it.
Not keen on some of those venues.

Crunk

Quote from: TheDreamIsOver on March 26, 2024, 02:00:40 PMManaged to get decent stall seats for Oxford rather than having to go to the Resorts World Arena, looking forward to it. Comfortably the most I've ever paid for a comedy show though.

How much?

Tiggles

I've never seen his stand-up, any pointers as to what it's like?

I'm not likely to go, but I am curious.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Tiggles on March 26, 2024, 06:12:10 PMI've never seen his stand-up, any pointers as to what it's like?

Anecdotes about things his mum has sakd, always framed as "and this is the most [adjective] thing anyone has ever said".

He's a very funny man, but I don't think stand-up is his best format. I saw him etc the Brighton Centre a few years ago and enjoyed it, but I remember nothing about it. That size of venue just kills the vibe for me though so maybe that is my problem.

madhair60

itf

I booked for Manchester, almost out of relief that it wasn't in an arena. Is he a big one for talking to the audience? Because in my haste I seem to have front row, dead centre... :|

Tiggles

Quote from: Utter Shit on March 26, 2024, 06:31:31 PMAnecdotes about things his mum has sakd, always framed as "and this is the most [adjective] thing anyone has ever said".

He's a very funny man, but I don't think stand-up is his best format. I saw him etc the Brighton Centre a few years ago and enjoyed it, but I remember nothing about it. That size of venue just kills the vibe for me though so maybe that is my problem.

Thank you. Sounds likeable, but my casual curiosity is not equal to the ticket price (or venue size). I'll leave him to those that love him.

her?

I remember when I first saw Greg, on the long forgotten late night ITV show Take The Mike, which was sort of like X-Factor for comedians. Probably about 2001. Paul Tonkinson was teaching him how to do stand-up even though Greg was clearly funnier. I think Marek Larwood was on it too.

Greg had this line in his act, something to do with an old lady annoying him, and he said "so I playfully cuffed her". Paul said it would be funnier if he then added "with a knife". It wasn't funnier. I have no idea why that stuck in my brain but I think about that line incredibly regularly.

Anyway, he's doing well for himself now isn't he?

madhair60

yeah that knife bit is shit, it doesn't even make sense. You dont cuff people with knives, you stab them. but you never should.

her?

I seem to remember Greg being very polite and laughing but then not using it.

Mobius

Quote from: her? on March 26, 2024, 08:57:35 PMPaul Tonkinson was teaching him how to do stand-up even though Greg was clearly funnier.

The gulf of Tonkin

DrGreggles

Quote from: Tiggles on March 26, 2024, 06:12:10 PMI've never seen his stand-up, any pointers as to what it's like?

Nothing groundbreaking, but very funny.

SteveDave

£60 and this is true, I swear to you (laughs to self) is an amount I would never pay, honestly (laughs again) to see someone do stand-up (doubles over laughing to self)