Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:10:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eight out of Ten Cats man to be made King of Comedy

Started by sick as a pike, June 23, 2006, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marv Orange

Nice to see Emo upstage the others with some actually jokes and not piss poor northern observations.

The Plaque Goblin

SimonJT

Good to see Alex Zane being shit. Reassuring.

Little Hoover

This is the most insane combination of people I've ever seen, this would really be a celebrity big brother lineup.

Little Hoover

It baffles me to think what Emo must have thought of it all.

Paul Dee

Quote from: "Marv Orange"Nice to see Emo upstage the others with some actually jokes and not piss poor northern observations.

Yeah, I really enjoyed him. Shame the material was all crow-barred in and prompted by Carr/the script. I'd never heard any of his material before though so it was great to see.

Cack Hen

Emo Phillips was the gold in a very dark, slimey turd.

Trisha is a complete feminist simpleton and her riffing with Alex Zane was embarrassing for all involved. I haven't a clue who that northern bastard was but he was shit.

I remembered why I'm never tempted to watch this. Having said that, up against The Friday Night Project it's fucking Blackadder.

lazyhour

I watched this just to see what on earth Emo could possibly say in the tedious Modern Britishness of it all.  He said nothing at all except when asked directly, I don't think, except for the restaurant/ex-wife gag.  I wasn't remotely surprised - what could he have interjected on a show like this?  Still, everything he said except "Ranch" made me physically laugh, so hooray.  

The only other laugh I got was Sean Lock's "I would have watched Big Brother, but I had to glue some sweetcorn back on to the cob. ... you know how long that takes..."  The rest of it consisted of people starting to speak, realising they haven't got a punchline, and so saying "Oh, fuckin' 'ell" or "fer fuck's sake!" at the end, as if it's a joke.  Bizarre.

Trisha was genuinely hard to stomach.

Little Hoover

Funnily enough Emo is the probably the most sane person of them all.

I don't know why they get Americans that happen to be in the country on the show. They did it with Christian Slater which was also horribly embarassing because he couldn't actually understand what Johnny Vegas and Dave Spikey were saying. But he at least is capable of communicating on that level properly.
However getting a comedian that plays a character for his act just shows that a ridculous lack of thought went into it.

Also has anyone else noticed there's another episode next week when there were only supposed to be 7?

LeboviciAB84

Glad I wasn't the only one hoping somebody could send in a team of UN negotiators to free Emo Philips. Still, it was interesting to see him back with the fourteenth-century-fool haircut; I've always known him as the Daniel Libeskind of comedy, in appearance and in the way his delivery kinda swoops about all over the place at funny angles, like the walls of a Libeskind building.

Was Trisha drunk/stoned/cigarette-addled(?)/plagued with indigestion/showing signs of a heartbreaking descent into Alzheimer's? I truly hope so; she can't be like this on her other television programmes, can she?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "lazyhour"The rest of it consisted of people starting to speak, realising they haven't got a punchline, and so saying "Oh, fuckin' 'ell" or "fer fuck's sake!" at the end, as if it's a joke.

In a 00s comedy show? I just can't imagine such a thing.

If only there was some kind of 'voice' whch could be used solely for the delivery of such material, then we'd know to avoid it.

Jemble Fred

That was a wig, wasn't it?* I hope it was, somehow. Part of a persona.

*Not Trisha.