Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fincham Up Lucas & Walliams' Arses Shocker

Started by Ray Le Otter, July 18, 2006, 01:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Le Otter

Jesus.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/articles/23178323?source=PA

Good to know your licence fee is being spent wisely.

Apologies if brought up somewhere else in this forum.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

'Featuring some of their most familiar characters'? So they'll be doing the opposite of Series 4 Python then. More give-'em-what-they-want crowd pleasing.

Catalogue Trousers

I don' like it.

Ho fucking ho, b'dum-tish, give me a multi-million pound deal, y'bastards.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "Ray Le Otter"Jesus.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/articles/23178323?source=PA

Good to know your licence fee is being spent wisely.

Apologies if brought up somewhere else in this forum.
Well, it is being spent wisely. They're spending it on two very popular comedians that, like it or not, make comedy that the public in general love. That is just logical.

Catalogue Trousers

Crikey, you're in equivocal mode today.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Fincham said:

QuoteI think they are unique in the breadth of their appeal and unique in how young their audience is

The kids are being catered for, that's fine, but what about me? After all, kids don't pay license fees, it's their parents and they're not being served with anything they want to watch. The discerning ones, anyway. Anyone else feel just a bit side-lined?

QuoteThey are comedy

Oh God.

rudi

Bert Thung

Haven't Lucas & Walliams quite blatantly peaked to anyone with half a brain?

Catalogue Trousers

I think that that's a little unfair on them. I genuinely believe that they're talented and (when they can be arsed) funny performers and writers, but the whole Little Britain success and ensuing hype appears to have made them somewhat complacent.

A new series sounds a good idea, but when you learn that it's going to heavily feature Little Britain characters it all suddenly feels somewhat tired and tiresome before it's even been made.

Bert Thung

Maybe they got an extra million from the deal for including Little Britain characters in this new series? Maybe they're just cowardly shitbags who want to maintain success with previous winners? Who knows?

Pinball

A racist woman projectile vomiting.
An old woman peeing in public.
A man chatting up and fancying an old woman.
Two transvestites who say "I'm a lady" a lot.

What's not to like...?

I haven't watched MPFC for years. I think I'll start now, because there's fuck-all new comedy worth watching, certainly not much that's intelligent/challenging. Just lowest common denominator and/or 'shocking'-type stuff. The latter is neither shocking for the Ogrish generation nor, more importantly, is it funny.