Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,780
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I Am Not An Animal - Baynham/Coogan project.

Started by Tokyo Sexwhale, May 04, 2004, 09:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butnut

Darrell

butnut

wu be eel

the news womans earning her wage thoguh eh?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

'Does it have to laugh out loud funny though?' OH PLEASE FUCK OFF

What was Chris Morris's parody of Mayo? 'I've no idea what a joke is, but I'm very good at reading one out...'

mayer

two new G2 bits today (i had a long train journey and read the thing cover-to-cover... i promise not everything i write today will be Guardian related)

buggered if i'm gonna type them out.....

right-click, save, 775k

"the first joke is that the horse...and other speaking creatures have become guinea pigs not for cigarettes and shampoo, but for yuppie luxuries"

someone just watched the first 2 minutes clearly.  This reviewer is making it up as he goes along!  They are an experiment, they arent there to test "DVDs, wines and breakfast cereals"

duh.

benthalo

it doesnt say on the clipping that was posted here ^^^

but it always amazes me how journos can get away with writing about stuff they havent even paid attention to.

Peking O

Quote from: "benthalo"Who wrote that, Mayer?

No, I think it was someone from The Guardian....

alan strang

Quote from: "benthalo"Who wrote that, Mayer?

"Byron once wrote that all comedies were ended with a marriage..."

A familiar quote in this context, eh Bent?

Lt Plonker

I really enjoyed that. Very funny, and I didn't find the animation distracting at all. It seemed to work very well.

"They've given me the wrong batteries for myy mini-disc."

Made me laugh, did that. :)

Rats

Wow! That was sheer class. I loved the stlye of the animation as well.

DuncanC

I thought that was great! Can't wait to see next week's.

urgh. It took me ages to get into but picked up at the end.

I seems like it might develop into something nice but there eren't many laughs at all.

a bald avuncular jew

Hmm, I didn't laugh once, in fact it didn't raise much more than a smile and I was dying for it to end so I could fiddle about with my guitar.  Most of the humour just seems to be coming from animals behaving like humans and wanting to play Jenga etc.  I couldn't help wondering what the Chris Morris Music Shows would be like now, if Morris and Baynham teamed up ten years on to do a new set.  On the evidence of their latest offerings I would have to come to the conclusion that they'd be shite.

Cambrian Times

I liked it and the only thing i found offensive was that they offed the cat.

That was alright, I quite enjoyed it (despite watching in the background while working), and I'll be watching again with full interest next week.

Will you all shoot me down in flames if I say that I've actually laughed more at the first half of the new episode of Coupling?

a bald avuncular jew

What did you chaps actually like about it?!  

Oh, and Coogan does too many of the voices, and the whole show is a bloody mess.

DuncanC

Quote from: "Manford Thirty-Sixborough"Will you all shoot me down in flames if I say that I've actually laughed more at the first half of the new episode of Coupling?
I admit I didn't laugh much, but I still really enjoyed it.

mwude

The first half dragged & dragged & dragged.  No laughter, not even a smile.  I was on the verge of giving up.  But it improved a great deal as it wore on & I can see it getting better.  I hope that's the last we see of the animal liberation people - not a single laugh to be had out of them.

The monkey (Hugh?) could go either way.  He could become the 'hilarious character always saying something wacky & random' i.e. unfunny & shite, or he could be the hidden gem of the series like the small one in Rex the Runt (who's name escapes me unfortunately).

danielreal2k

First half - oh dear - latter 15 mins went into a Wallace and Gromit meets  Black Books type thing,  I loved it by the end.

hmmm who is who?  Simon Pegg does the voice for one of them, Coogan that Horse, ....

bomb_dog

First half = not great. Interesting, but not overly funny.
Second half = found myself wanting to see more.

"Make animal noises, you lot - blend in"
"Neigh, neigh"
"Squeak squeak"
"....monkey"

Good in a 'this is different' sort of way, but we'll have to wait and see.

Coogan is the horse and the sparrow
Kevin Eldon is the monkey
Arthur Mathews is the Monkey
Pegg was the Cat (who might be in it next week ;) )

Alberon

Vince is the one you thinking of from Rex the Runt who had the catchphase "Tuesday". I got Rex the Runt on DVD (Region 1 and the second series is 4:3 rather than 16:9 but still good).

I liked IANAA, not many laughs, but the animation was great (reminded me of weird East-european stuff like 'Ludvig' from my childhood). It did pick up near the end and now we're past the setup and character introduction it could really be good.

hencole

I liked it as a whole, though it was sparse on LOL moments. But the killing of the cat could have been a poor move as he was one of the better and more distinctive characters. Some of the others seem to similar to each other.

danielreal2k

Quote from: "bishopslovescifi"Coogan is the horse and the sparrow
Kevin Eldon is the monkey
Arthur Mathews is the Monkey
Pegg was the Cat (who might be in it next week ;) )

The Cat??? he can put on a good voice - sounded like stephen fry

bring in Dylan Moran as a Hamster , Bill Bailey as a Giraffe, maybe Mr Fry as a badger   I'll be hooked    sorry drifting into Wind in the Willows a bit then..

Pegg was the cat and also was Simmons, the scientist guy (who has my hands) (which makes me much happier than it really should)

and they remembered to put my name on the credits which i wasnt sure they would