Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Smith and Jones - new series

Started by geeef, October 14, 2005, 09:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geeef

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"A lot of people recall that opera singer sketch (Linehan and Matthews, I've always assumed),
Is that the one when Smith (the opera singer) kept saying "wank" at the end of the song/aria? That's a great sketch.
I'm enjoying this series to some extent, but it's rather frustrating as I just want to see the sketches again in full. The format is ok for casual viewers who maybe don't care about the editing etc, but I'd rather they just repeated the shows as they were.

Helvetica Scenario

Just drifting back to the conversation about comedy names, I've just watched an episode of NTNOCN on Paramount 2 (another one in a minute, fans) which included Griff reading a report which featured an unemployed wildebeest named Geoffrey Stephenson.

neveragain

Are those the compilation episodes?

Oh, wait, silly question.

Jemble Fred

Mel Smith deciding to return to acting (a fucking lot as well) is one of the better things to have happened in this century. Not to cast aspersions on his directing CV, but he positively makes every show he appears in.

Mr. Analytical

I was just going to say the same thing.  I recently downloaded Colin's Sandwhich and he is magnificent in it.  While the supporting cast has a few interesting performances (most notably the utterly dull people that troop in and out of his life), his charisma and delivery really eclipses them.  While it's not uncommon for sitcoms to be about one person rather than a company, Colin's Sandwhich really is just him.  He makes the show.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Mel's fab. 'You must be brave and tireless...'

Bert Thung

I haven't seen any of this yet, has Mel got that strange speech problem sorted out he's had recently? Sounded like someone had jumped on his dentures.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Morons from Outer Space is on BBC1 tonight at 12:40.

Wasn't sure if this was worth starting a new thread or not:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=62082
QuoteNetwork have announced the UK DVD release of Wilt (Special Edition) for 14th August 2006 priced at £12.99. Adapted from Tom Sharpe's hilarious novel by Andrew Marshall and David Renwick (2.4 Children, One Foot in the Grave), WILT is directed by Michael Tuchner (Tales of the Unexpected, The Hunchback of Notre Dame) and stars Griff Rhys Jones and Mel Smith who are supported by award-winning comedy actress Alison Steadman (Abigail's Party, The Singing Detective).

Extras include:

* Interview with Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones from Saturday Night at the Movies (1989)
   * Featurette about the making of the film
   * Michael Tuchner interview
   * Location footage
   * Theatrical trailer

Darrell

Unless the transfer is widescreen this time, the only difference between the last release is a chopping down of the (originally released raw) EPK and the TV interview.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Network are strange folk - half their producers seem to be on the ball, and the other half seem to be 'That'll do' fuckwits. I refer you to Series 1 of The Comedians, which is a best of. Not that I have any great fondness for The Comedians, but it's not the kind of thing I'd expect Network to do.

Bert Thung

Smith & Jones advertise Belgian magazine (out of synch I'm afraid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEIsWMjKdmY