Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RHLSTP Revived

Started by Tony Tony Tony, February 08, 2023, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

I like Rich's stuff and even when I think it's a bit shit I'm still willing to stick up for him. He's an eccentric old bloke in a shed sorting his screw collection by length, but for comedy. Ultimately harmless and occasionally quite good.

I stopped listening to RHLSTP (rhlstp) some years ago but could be tempted back. I stopped podcasts altogether tbh because I just ran out of free time so it's not a knock against Rich.

When a man has no time for podcasts he has no time for life.

Twilkes

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on February 13, 2023, 04:00:45 PMWhen a man has no time for podcasts he has no time for life.

Ironically, that quite accurately sums up RH's life just now - he's happy spending time with his family, he gets a podcast out of walking the dog, a podcast out of practising snooker, a podcast out of chatting to his mates and occasionally chatting to people he pays to be his mate, and a podcast out of reading a book and then chatting to the author, something which he kind of stumbled upon from what I remember, think someone dropped out of interviewing his wife about her book so he stepped in, and then he's got another revenue stream, which all total up to a not-insignificant income from hints he's dropped on the blog.

Not that I listen to any of them, mindless pishbilge.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Ferris on February 13, 2023, 03:36:49 PMI like Rich's stuff and even when I think it's a bit shit I'm still willing to stick up for him. He's an eccentric old bloke in a shed sorting his screw collection by length, but for comedy. Ultimately harmless and occasionally quite good.

I stopped listening to RHLSTP (rhlstp) some years ago but could be tempted back. I stopped podcasts altogether tbh because I just ran out of free time so it's not a knock against Rich.

Tell me you haven't given up on whatever happend to the pizza at mcdonalds

Ferris

No, that's the only podcast I have kept up. I have to consciously make time for it though.

Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonalds is brilliant.

PlanktonSideburns

selectivememory

New one with Fern Brady is great. Would recommend if you enjoyed her on Taskmaster.

Twilkes

Quote from: selectivememory on February 15, 2023, 10:04:02 AMNew one with Fern Brady is great. Would recommend if you enjoyed her on Taskmaster.

An intelligent woman trapped in a Scottish accent.

Ron Superior

Fern's great. I went to see her in Reading last weekend, heard her on both Taskmaster podcasts over the last week or so and can't wait to hear her on this one too. She's awesome.

SteveDave

She had a go at people who like roast dinners on "Off Menu" and then went on about how much she loves bread. The Scotch people are a strange breed.

I am looking forward to her book though as it sounds hilariously bleak.

Twilkes

Quote from: SteveDave on February 15, 2023, 12:38:46 PMShe had a go at people who like roast dinners on "Off Menu" and then went on about how much she loves bread. The Scotch people are a strange breed.

As opposed to all the other non-Scotch people that have made normal choices and raised rational opinions on Off Menu?

selectivememory

Quote from: SteveDave on February 15, 2023, 12:38:46 PMShe had a go at people who like roast dinners on "Off Menu" and then went on about how much she loves bread. The Scotch people are a strange breed.

I'm team Fern on this one. Roasts are usually disgusting and bread is nice.

sutin

There's something comforting about a nice roast dinner but I can't imagine it being my favourite dish, that's so fucking boring and British.

selectivememory

Quote from: selectivememory on February 15, 2023, 12:46:31 PMI'm team Fern on this one.

I take this back. Just listening to her Off Menu appearance now and she's describing a time when she lived exclusively on boiled eggs.

The Bumlord

Must be tricky, you'd keep rolling off.

Hmm doesn't really work

Tony Tony Tony

You can't beat a freshly baked baguette. Though you can be beaten with one.

PlanktonSideburns

You gotta go on that fucking isn't food amazing show with something spicy, or its just a load of twats saying how nice food is for hours

They're like how Brian Cox is with space

Currrrey is AMAZZZZZZING

jesus

SteveDave

Same with "Films To Be Buried With"

"For my first choice Brett, I've chosen "Salo or The 120 Days Of Sodom""
"Ahhh that's a great film"

Twilkes

The puppet got cast in a short film:

Mobbd

It's 25 years since the first TMWRNJ and Paul Putner made this Curious Orange video.

The script is weird (I don't really know what he's on about) but I like all the little details like the SDP mug.

thr0b

Quote from: Mobbd on February 17, 2023, 11:40:00 AMThe script is weird (I don't really know what he's on about) but I like all the little details like the SDP mug.

If it won't play here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

Replies From View

Quote from: Mobbd on February 17, 2023, 11:40:00 AMIt's 25 years since the first TMWRNJ and Paul Putner made this Curious Orange video.

The script is weird (I don't really know what he's on about) but I like all the little details like the SDP mug.

I don't like the peel texture of this new orange mask.  Not orangey at all, more like a giant orange plum.

Replies From View

Quote from: thr0b on February 17, 2023, 12:23:21 PM
If it won't play here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

Bob Mortimer genetically fused with Robert Lindsay is looking well.

lauraxsynthesis

The brief run of Twitch broadcasts of stone clearing was my favourite of his Twitch output. Less self-conscious than the other stuff, a gentle vibe that was nice to join in with in the morning and the running jokes were my sort of thing especially the singalong at the end. There was even the jeopardy of who would catch him at it.

Mobbd

It's amazing how different things feel when it's on YouTube (the main way I used to consume RHLSTP) instead of just audio.

This is so strange and interesting to me. I guess the brain picks up visual cues as well as audio cues to create a different final impression?

(Similarly, I met someone recently who was in the audience for the Collings and Herrin reunion and their take, much like Andy McH's at the time, was completely different to mine from seeing it only on YouTube.)

Anyway, I listened to the audio version of the Iceman episode this morning and it was OK but Rich seemed to take too long to warm up and appeared to be "managing" the Iceman's eccentricity in a way he hadn't with, say, Rumple. Just my take, of course. But then I spotted that the whole episode is on YouTube (so we can see the ice?) and it doesn't seem that way at all. Perfectly nice ep.

Mobbd

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on February 21, 2023, 03:30:37 PMThe brief run of Twitch broadcasts of stone clearing was my favourite of his Twitch output. Less self-conscious than the other stuff, a gentle vibe that was nice to join in with in the morning and the running jokes were my sort of thing especially the singalong at the end. There was even the jeopardy of who would catch him at it.

That one didn't make it to YouTube. Do you know if it can still be watched somewhere?

Herring brought up his stone clearing in the latest RHLSTP and for the first time in ages it actually appealed to my imagination, god help me.

Twilkes

I think all the books clubs are up on YouTube in full, maybe only a few thousand views each and no viewcounts available for the audio ones so maybe not a big moneyspinner but RH seems to enjoy doing them in and of themselves and maybe they get punted a bit of promo money as the podcasts are basically free PR for the books in question.

Mobbd

Quote from: Twilkes on February 24, 2023, 12:03:33 PMI think all the books clubs are up on YouTube in full, maybe only a few thousand views each

I'm looking at it now and they seem to be just clips.

sutin

There's been some enjoyable Book Club episodes of late, such as Fesshole and the Bond/Beatles guy.