Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unfrosted - Jerry Seinfeld Pop Tarts movie

Started by Butchers Blind, March 28, 2024, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Trailer released for the upcoming Nexflix movie directed & written by Jerry Seinfeld

imitationleather

His acting hasn't improved, then.

I always thought the name Pop Tarts sounded a bit rude. Like I wasn't allowed to say it. And so I could never ask Nan to put some on the shopping list for me and subsequently haven't eaten one in my life.

madhair60

imitationleather

It looks quite broad. As Barry Norman used to say, "I don't know if this is good or not."

Brundle-Fly

lazyhour

According to Wiki, "Initially called Fruit Scones, the name was soon changed to Pop-Tarts as a pun on the then popular Pop Art movement."

Seems obvious now.

Butchers Blind

I ate a Pop Tart when they first came over here in the early 90's. Nasty. Don't understand why anyone would want that to be the first thing to line their stomach in the morning.

Video Game Fan 2000

Urinal Cake

The biggest thing about this seems to be Amy Schumer is back?

Icehaven

I really don't think pop tarts have any place in our Lord's plan for the world.

Oosp

Ruben Remus

Jon Hamm and John Slattery both appear in the cast list at the end and this is set in the 60s so is it 100% safe to say that there will be a hilarious scene where they recruit un-named versions of Don Draper and Roger Sterling to advertise the pop tart.

beanheadmcginty

Who have they cast as Lynn Faulds-Wood, issuing ominous warnings on Watchdog about the third degree burns children get from these things getting stuck to their flesh?

Trailers for comedies are never good, but I'm cautiously optimistic if Spike Feresten and Andy Robin are back writing it. Could be funny as a sendup of brand biopics.

*Edit* Apparently they already all collaborated on Bee Movie, so never mind.

C_Larence

The most incredible thing about this is Amy Schumer somehow securing the "And" spot in that cast list.

Bad Ambassador

I'm thinking of this as a parody of Oppenheimer.

Ruben Remus

The thing is, this film has apparently been in development for about 3-4 years (the deal with Netflix was announced in mid 2021 and Seinfeld says they started writing the script during the onset of the covid pandemic) so it seems like a bit of coincidental timing that it reads as a pointed parody of the recent spate of brand-mythologising biopics like Air, Blackberry, Tetris etc.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dex Sawash

Goldentony

string of pop tarts puns will be worse than this film existing in the first place and also worse than the effects of the bomb built by Oppenheimer

Mister Six

This seems like something 30 Rock would drop in as a spoof, rather than a film that will exist in the real world.

TheAssassin

Quote from: Ruben Remus on March 30, 2024, 10:25:03 AMThe thing is, this film has apparently been in development for about 3-4 years (the deal with Netflix was announced in mid 2021 and Seinfeld says they started writing the script during the onset of the covid pandemic) so it seems like a bit of coincidental timing that it reads as a pointed parody of the recent spate of brand-mythologising biopics like Air, Blackberry, Tetris etc.

The scripts for those would have been written around the same time, so just a straightout coincidence, and the Blackberry one was good.  I saw the Gamestop one also, very good.