Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons Shitposts

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 25, 2020, 03:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

These are definitely better than entire episodes now.

Non Stop Dancer

Some of these just give me such ridiculous belly laughs. Spent about an hour this morning going through the reddit.

Thursday

Catalogue Trousers

Famous Mortimer

I enjoyed the Old Jewish Manposting video I saw earlier.

imitationleather

Dex Sawash

Icehaven

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 11, 2020, 12:13:45 PM
I don't understand this

Glad it's not just me then. Someone better explain as I refuse to be made to feel old and out of touch by the bloody Simpsons.

Thursday

I hate the name "shitposts" but it's just mashing separate references together isn't it? I can understand just finding it all stupid though.

In the case of the one I've just posted it's these two things

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=324319234933193

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Le4sGUeXTk

If you have those two moments lodged in your mind and don't find the fusion of them funny, I'm not sure what else I can say to explain it.

Non Stop Dancer

Yeah, that's all there is to it. I genuinely love them and think they're funnier than anything featured in The Simpsons for the last 20 plus years.

PlanktonSideburns

the simpsons

theyre back

in simpson form

ASFTSN

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on August 11, 2020, 04:24:58 PM
Yeah, that's all there is to it. I genuinely love them and think they're funnier than anything featured in The Simpsons for the last 20 plus years.

There's something really satisfying about good ones (like regularly get posted in Simpsons Bortposting group on FB). It's a combination of loving tribute and play on references that we all know like a second language, like really creative in-jokes for classic Simpsons nerds.

ASFTSN

Credit to some fella called D. Samson on the aforementioned group for this one.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Thursday on August 10, 2020, 02:53:01 PM
https://twitter.com/Swimbound/status/1292444387218202630

That's brilliant. Add me to the chorus of people who love these. Was crying laughing at one of the 'got the dud' videos the other night.

ASFTSN

Quote from: icehaven on August 11, 2020, 12:49:37 PM
Glad it's not just me then. Someone better explain as I refuse to be made to feel old and out of touch by the bloody Simpsons.

It's mashup of two classic Simpsons jokes.

1)When Homer looks at a photo of his family with Bart holding a cardboard speech bubble above his head saying 'I Stink' (or something) and remarks "Hey, I don't remember saying that".

2)When Kirk gets fired from the cracker factory and he says something to the effect of "So that's it, 20 years of service and 'good bye and good luck'"?? To which his boss replies "I don't recall saying 'Good luck' ".

idunnosomename

I would include Mr Farenheit's recent opus in HS art as shitposting. it has a "shitty" "low-effort" aesthetic but it's actually genius, clever and most of all, very funny

The Mollusk

I've been a fan of Simpsons shitposts for years now. I've enjoyed a fair bit of success on the main Facebook group. I've made loads, and a handful of them have each amassed around 3,000 likes. My never-ending brain and total adoration for classic Simpsons has allowed me to come up with loads of fucking stupid mashups, either in-show crossovers or with pop culture or topical stuff. Shitposting is amazing.

Here's one I just made this morning:

I'll dig out some of my big hitters later, if I remember.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love all of this

Except the ones I don't get

I hate all of them

Cheers

The Mollusk

Right here's some of the stronger ones I've made:

Dex Sawash

I need to rewind to the place in time when people said 'meta' a lot and pay attention because I didn't learn what that really meant.  I did enjoy the ones here that were patiently explained to me.

The Mollusk

Haha thanks, it's my strongest one. As I crave validation I was supremely chuffed when that got about 4K likes on Facebook. The glory days.

imitationleather

I was about to heap particular praise on that one too. Sublime.