Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glassjaw

Started by confettiinmyhair, December 10, 2008, 09:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
All this talk in 2008 of returns and reformations and I almost completely forgot about Glassjaw and this 'new' song

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I_61lPWRENw&feature=related

Any fans?

purlieu

I'm not sure what I reckon to it yet.  It's definitely good but I can't latch onto anything - I forget everything about it once it's finished.
The whole process regarding the album's recording isn't making me too confident, and it seems that now, more than ever, it's just Daryl and Beck with the rest of them just as backing musicians, which is a bit of a shame.  Still, I'll probably end up getting it.  I was listening to Everything... earlier, actually.  It's been a while, still stands up strong.

thugler

New song is fairly good, like the bassline. It sounds like a bit of a demo though, not quite finished. Pretty much an exact middle ground between the two albums. It's really been a ridiculous amount of time since they released anything.

Vitalstatistix

First album is fucking brilliant, second less so. Not sure about that new tune...

chand

I'm a big fan of both albums, something about them always really clicked with me, and I was glad to hear the new one is actually happening. I wondered if Palumbo was gonna have more fun doing Head Automatica and never bother to come back, he kept saying how HA was more like the music he actually listens to whereas Glassjaw is more like a cathartic experience. I still have an unused ticket for a gig of theirs here that got cancelled (twice, I think) due to his Crohn's disease. I like the new song on first hearing, no idea what to expect with the album though.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Used to love them back in the day. The first album helped me get into 'good' music, liked the second at the time but not so much now. They seem like one of those bands that have a status in Kerrang! world as being the cool underground influence on lots of really bad British bands that have come out in the past 5 years; see also At the Drive In. Wouldn't mind seeing another album out, hey, anything is better than another Head Automatica shitfest.

I've never heard Glassjaw, but it's time I did.  Ms Trotsky is a big fan of Palumbo's other band, Head Automatica.

Marvin

I was at the last gig they played in the UK before finally calling off their tour again due to his illness, they were very good on that occasion and I always liked the debut album, not fussed by this new track though.

purlieu

Mm, I always found Palumbo's favouring of Head Automatica a bit unfortunate.  They're not bad, but will never record anything as intense as Babe or epic as the first album's title track or as weird as Motel Of The White Locust morphing into its hidden track.
It's been an age since I heard Worship & Tribute, I always meant to give it a second listen but... meh.