Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2024, 03:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TERF Crowd: The Terrifying Transphobia of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, October 15, 2023, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oosp

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 16, 2023, 08:13:17 PMThanks for all the well-wishes, folks. My temperature has been back to normal since the 7th, I've been sleeping through the night since Saturday, and it just feels like a bad sinus infection. I'm signed off work till Wednesday but honestly I think I'll get an extension. My walk yesterday really tired me out.

Get well soon, Poirot! Or I'll be very cross.

Oosp

Graham hasn't been cancelled.
He has, however, been defunetized.

Noakes

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Milo

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 16, 2023, 08:13:17 PMMy walk yesterday really tired me out.

Glad you're on the mend. I was the same with my recent covid - once the bug was gone I had about two weeks where I'd get out of puff just doing the school run. Seems to have a bit of a long tail even if you don't get long covid.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

As for Gary Bananas and his current vendetta against Russell T. Davies, I'm surprised it's taken this long.

How dare the gay man who's spent most of his career writing sensitively about gay people and marginalised groups in general lend his support to the trans community!

It's almost as if Glinner, who once worked in the TV industry, has never paid any attention whatosever to the work of one of TV's most prestigious writers and producers. Until it suits him.

He's such a thick, hateful cunt. 

madhair60

sorry but where are we seeing the book has sold poorly?

Noakes

"There is no virtue except suppliance .

There is no truth except in the repeating of my words.

Shut up fuck off"

idunnosomename

anyone seen a copy of the book? I imagine Waterstones etc are stocking it, but it's far from supermarket fodder

Milo

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 16, 2023, 09:28:48 PMJust like every reactionary nutjob who complains about Doctor Who becoming 'woke'. 

Exactly.

I wonder if Glinner is also one of these people who complain about the newer installments in the Star Wars franchise being too woke, as if the cast of the original trilogy wasn't unusually diverse for the time.

Actually Mark Hamill is an ally isn't he? Has Glinner got his bananasaber out for him yet?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on October 16, 2023, 10:00:49 PMK9 was a gay icon!

K9 is in Queer As Folk! The character of Vince Tyler (with a surname he later reused for Rose Tyler) is RTD's author avatar in that series and is a massive Whovian who gets a K9 for his 30th birthday. To anyone who had watched that show, RTD's appointment to Nu Who seemed less like a maverick choice than a really bloody good one.

Baffling that Glinner is was a television writer and doesn't seem to have much appreciation of other television writers.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 16, 2023, 09:45:43 PMExactly.

I wonder if Glinner is also one of these people who complain about the newer installments in the Star Wars franchise being too woke, as if the cast of the original trilogy wasn't unusually diverse for the time.

Actually Mark Hamill is an ally isn't he? Has Glinner got his bananasaber out for him yet?
"I find your lack of Fyffes disturbing"

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 16, 2023, 09:45:43 PMExactly.

I don't think he has yet but give him time especially with Hamill doing stuff like this
Quote from: Beloved of Jo on October 15, 2023, 04:44:43 AM

Expecting Graham will have a measured response to this.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on October 16, 2023, 06:28:47 AMLol, engaging with mad Barry but still won't acknowledge the existence of Grayham

Also acknowledging Tom Harlow, from Cabaret Againt The Hate Speech.

I'm now wondering if she's flexing her muscles trying to impress him, perhaps aroused* somewhat by his youthful energy and confidence.

*And by aroused, I mean sexually aroused.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 16, 2023, 08:59:50 PMAs for Gary Bananas and his current vendetta against Russell T. Davies, I'm surprised it's taken this long.

How dare the gay man who's spent most of his career writing sensitively about gay people and marginalised groups in general lend his support to the trans community!

It's almost as if Glinner, who once worked in the TV industry, has never paid any attention whatosever to the work of one of TV's most prestigious writers and producers. Until it suits him.

He's such a thick, hateful cunt. 

I do seem to recall him hitting out at Davies before over some comments he made denouncing LGB Alliance a few years ago, but the prick's been slow on the draw in ranting about all the good trans representation he's been actively doing in Years & Years, It's A Sin, Who etc. It's not just that Linehan is a thick, hateful cunt, he's also crap at being one

jobotic

Quote from: Milo on October 16, 2023, 09:40:10 PMI can confirm it's not in Cardiff's biggest Asda.

Think I saw it in Ireland's biggest lingerie section.

daf

As I said before, even if you knew NOTHING about the subject, a casual glance at who's lining up on each side of the argument should give you a pretty good steer in the right direction :

Billy Bragg
David Tennant
RTD
Mark Hammill

vs.

Gary Bananas
Laurence Fox
Rod Liddle
Mad Barry "I could just kill a man" Wall

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: daf on October 16, 2023, 11:55:50 PMAs I said before, even if you knew NOTHING about the subject, a casual glance at who's lining up on each side of the argument should give you a pretty good steer in the right direction :

Billy Bragg
David Tennant
RTD
Mark Hammill

vs.

Gary Bananas
Laurence Fox
Rod Liddle

We also got Dolly Parton and Bruce Springsteen.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: jobotic on October 16, 2023, 11:55:13 PMThink I saw it in Ireland's biggest lingerie section.

No, that was actually Graham, peering longingly at all those lovely bras, through the cracked glass of a stock-room door.

Kankurette

Joanne Harris, Neville Southall and Tori Amos as well.

jobotic

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on October 17, 2023, 12:05:12 AMWe also got Dolly Parton and Bruce Springsteen.

Yeah but they've got Andrew Neil and Brendan O'Forehead

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: jobotic on October 17, 2023, 12:19:03 AMYeah but they've got Andrew Neil and Brendan O'Forehead

And don't forget that acting titan James Dreyfus.

pierre boo-lez

Quote from: madhair60 on October 16, 2023, 09:19:59 PMsorry but where are we seeing the book has sold poorly?

Its position on Amazon's sales charts, as well as there hardly being any shops selling it in any great numbers.

Barry Admin

You're all forgetting they've got Sting-like titans like Macy Gray, Carol Decker and Gareth Roberts.

DreadedScotsman

canadagoose

Sorry about being so late, but hope you get well soon, Poirot.

phantom_power

Quote from: daf on October 16, 2023, 11:55:50 PMAs I said before, even if you knew NOTHING about the subject, a casual glance at who's lining up on each side of the argument should give you a pretty good steer in the right direction :

Billy Bragg
David Tennant
RTD
Mark Hammill

vs.

Gary Bananas
Laurence Fox
Rod Liddle

You're forgetting all the people that secretly agree with Glinner but are too cowardly to stand up for him

Jumblegraws

Quote from: damien on October 16, 2023, 11:57:10 AMHave to admit, the low sales of the book has taken me by surprise. Hard to believe he's even less popular than we thought he was.
Yeah, I expected a bigger publicity tour and accompanying book sale boosts, but it doesn't seem to have come to much. Perhaps I've overestimated the wider public's appetite for having the same self-pitying bananas of the past three years or so recycled back to them?

Hope you feel better soon, Poirot's.

Dr Rock

Well the terfs all buy each others books don't they, except Linehan's a nutjob embarrassment even to them.

Tags: