Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,780
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sekiro (revisited)

Started by Noodle Lizard, April 23, 2023, 05:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

also reading the thread back you can deflect his whip attacks but it takes a lot of posture, it's more to buy yourself time to stay in close

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Chollis on August 10, 2023, 09:19:28 AMDemon of Hatred can fuck off

horrible cunt

what do i do

Try and stay around the right side of his arse (his left side) and whack away at his legs/ballbag. You'll avoid most of his attacks there, or can easily sidestep them at least.

Fire umbrella will be simplest for his ranged fire attacks, and that one where he jumps up and divebombs you (you can also release it on his head for a punish if you have that combat art).

That attack where he bumrushes to the other side of the arena, just jump through it right after the little Mikiri symbol appears.

Save Malcontent for the third phase. You can only use it three times, but if you do it three times in a row and whack fuck out of him while he's down, you'll have his posture quite high. Buff with a sugar for some extra points.

You'll get the hang of it, best of luck!

Chollis

Cheers lads, good stuff. I've been using the Fire Umbrella to reverse his belly flop back at him, seems to be my main source of posture/damage. But pretty sure I'm gonna run out of Emblems doing this and will need to save them for Malcontent once I reach P3 (which I haven't seen yet). Camera is a problem when I'm all up in his ass. This is definitely gonna take me the longest of any boss so far.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Chollis on August 10, 2023, 07:13:27 PMCheers lads, good stuff. I've been using the Fire Umbrella to reverse his belly flop back at him, seems to be my main source of posture/damage. But pretty sure I'm gonna run out of Emblems doing this and will need to save them for Malcontent once I reach P3 (which I haven't seen yet). Camera is a problem when I'm all up in his ass. This is definitely gonna take me the longest of any boss so far.

It's worth using a Ceremonial Tanto at the start for those extra emblems. I think this is the only fight I ever used that for.

That being said, I'd sooner keep emblems for the fire umbrella than Malcontent, which really just shortens the duration of Phase 3 a bit. IIRC, Phase 3 only has one new attack (a big fire-whippy thing) for which you'll want to jump the first swing and close the distance before the second and third.

Pink Gregory

If you're using the brolly, unless I'm getting confused he doesn't like the big cross-slash you can do out of it.

Watch out for him being staggered while you're attacking him, because it does happen and it's a good opportunity for a combat art.

Chollis

OK that wasn't too bad actually, once I stopped trying to fit in Ichi's and just stuck to his leg spamming RB it got a lot easier. Did first 2 phases super clean then pretty much stunlocked him in P3 with Malcontent so he barely got a chance to do anything. Didn't need to rez and only used 1 Gourd, very satisfying! Fire Umbrella was doing work.  Biggest problem I had was that wave of fire he throws at you after his sweep charge, could never dodge it but sprinting straight at him seemed to end up working.

Next one is last boss right?

Pink Gregory

one gourd for the whole fight?

fucking hell mate

Chollis

Quote from: Pink Gregory on August 11, 2023, 05:53:02 AMone gourd for the whole fight?

fucking hell mate

Think I just got lucky with his moveset (lots of belly flopping onto Umbrella so I pushed him through 2 phases very quick) then nearly a full stunlock in P3. Other tries he wouldn't belly flop at all and I was tapped by out P3

Noodle Lizard

Wow, good job. I'm pretty good at DoH now, but I don't think I've ever done it without using at least two or three gourds for when I inevitably get caught by some of his bullshit.

Yup, last boss coming up. Great boss, too. I'm assuming you didn't get to Owl (Father) on this run?

Chollis

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 11, 2023, 09:51:46 PMYup, last boss coming up. Great boss, too. I'm assuming you didn't get to Owl (Father) on this run?

I did the Purification ending as it felt like the "right" one so I did get Owl (Father), that was tough! All done now too, Inner Isshin was a great fight but felt like Lightning Reversal trivialized the last phase a bit, only had to reach P3 twice and then he was dead. Also like that this renowned, mysterious master swordsman is shooting a fucking gun at me. I spent far longer on Owl Father and Demon.

I do feel like those hours I spent on Geni v1 taught me how to git gud because I found the game progressively easier from that point, he's really a great template on how to approach most of the enemies in this game and remains my favourite boss fight. Like I spent more time on that first Seven Spears dude than I did on ISS or True Monk etc. Slight disclaimer that I was leaning on Ichi-Double a lot on some bosses and the Posture recovery on that gives you so much more room for blocking, so I think I'm gonna try NG+ now without using it at all and stick to the weaker arts. I would also say however that besides Owl (Father), who has his own deathblow, it doesn't feel like many of the bosses actually punish you much for breaking your posture?

What a fucking game though, close to perfect for me Clive. Wonderfully balanced. Only criticism is that it's over too soon! Will fuck around in NG+ and see if it's still fun, usually I run out of steam during NGs though so next up will be DS3.

Chollis

Also these cunts were the worst enemies in the game

Spoiler alert
[close]

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Chollis on August 12, 2023, 02:04:06 PMAlso these cunts were the worst enemies in the game

Spoiler alert
[close]
I thought they were an entertaining hill to get over like the interior ministry ninja and the ashina disciples, I guess you encounter them in quite enclosed spaces and rarely on their own.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Chollis on August 12, 2023, 01:56:05 PMI would also say however that besides Owl (Father), who has his own deathblow, it doesn't feel like many of the bosses actually punish you much for breaking your posture?

Yeah, that's true, you can almost always just roll out of the next attack with a fresh new bar. If I noticed my bar was high, I'd sometimes let them break it on purpose to buy me some breath.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Chollis on August 12, 2023, 01:56:05 PMWhat a fucking game though, close to perfect for me Clive. Wonderfully balanced. Only criticism is that it's over too soon! Will fuck around in NG+ and see if it's still fun, usually I run out of steam during NGs though so next up will be DS3.

I did a few NG+s to get all the endings (didn't get Owl Father first time). It's fun because you can actually breeze through it somewhat and none of the bosses will seem that hard anymore because of how gud you'll be. In your case it's definitely worth rushing for the Shura ending at the very least. Two whole new bosses! (well, one and a half anyway)

jimboslice

Quote from: Chollis on August 12, 2023, 02:04:06 PMAlso these cunts were the worst enemies in the game

Spoiler alert
[close]

No way, they're alright! Purple ninja lads are the worst.

I didn't do DoH (Didn't think I'd enjoy it) but me and my mate reckon Owl Father is tougher than Sword Saint, even though the rest of the internet seems to disagree.

I plugged away at Bloodborne a bit more and I'm on board with it now.