Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dave the Diver

Started by Misspent Boners, July 30, 2023, 11:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
No one played this bloody lovely game that's come out on Steam?

I'm ashamed to admit I was a bit put off by the name and the titular protagonist on the cover, who I rather fancied looked a bit annoying. Now I feel the opposite on both these counts, the unassumingness of the title and its unconventional normal looking main character are two of many things I think are terrific about it

Gameplay shifts between your dayly and nightly activity; daily wherein you set out into the ocean to dive into a place dubbed "The Blue Hole", where countless exotic sea creatures are waiting for you to harpoon, and the nightly activity which sees you micromanage a beautiful little sushi restaurant, where you cook and serve the fish caught that day as well as manage staff, recipes and help to serve the dishes etc

A tiny bit like Subnautica, as you progress and aquire better gear you're able to explore the Blue Hole at deeper and deeper levels, catching more exotic weird and wonderful fish as well as all other kinds of surprises. Gradual development is def the name of the game, and its satisfying to watch your menu get better, attracting better customers and getting more profit, enabling you to hire better staff and better equipment to keep improving

Aside from this there's tonnes more factors, an ongoing narrative with various characters, missions and several functions on your characters phone (there's even an Instagram like app that helps you upgrade your restaurant). The pixel art is immense too, the diving parts in particular are breath taking, as well as the cut scenes.

Honestly, brilliant stuff this, ave a go!

seepage

I bought it on release. Last hotfix was 18th July so hopefully it's fairly stable now. I found using the harpoon a bit tricky and got distracted by another game but I'll get back to it.

Mister Six

This sounds great, but I probably won't pick it up unless it comes out on PS4.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Ha, that's him from Ancient Aliens!