Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Videogame things lodged in your memory

Started by Lemming, August 25, 2023, 12:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

RetroRobot

NYAIICE ONE!

Anyone else play Yokai Watch or just me

RetroRobot

Magnum Valentino

beanheadmcginty

Jerzy Bondov

when my kids ask me a good question I always say "dat's a good qwestion" like in that bad Megaman cutscene

jobotic

popcorn

Quote from: Consignia on September 11, 2023, 09:52:28 PMThere's a bit near the end of Shen Mue 2 which is Ryo and Shen-hua walking down a Chinese country path chatting shit. Playing with a friend we got repetative start to each segement with the almost lyrical:

"Shen-huaaaaa..."
"Na-ni?"

Stuck in our heads for years.

The big ones that stuck in my mind in Shenmue are:

GUY: Hey RYO. Got some SWEET INFO for yer.
RYO (intrigued): Sweet info...

and:

RYO: What was that move?

Which I say in real life whenever someone does something surprising or impressive, like they demonstrate that the lid can come off on the spice grinder in a way I didn't realise before.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

RetroRobot

Kelvin

Kelvin

"Tickly Bees?" From Conker's Bad Fur Day

RetroRobot

idunnosomename

i mean all of starfox 64 but I love the Venom Area 6 stuff for like, trying to get through a series of traffic lights

They've broken through the first line!

They're through the second line!

The last line has been breached!

These guys are crazy! Dang! deploy IT now!

Crud! We were so close to Venom!

RetroRobot

NoSleep

Quote from: popcorn on September 13, 2023, 11:54:07 AMThe big ones that stuck in my mind in Shenmue are:

GUY: Hey RYO. Got some SWEET INFO for yer.
RYO (intrigued): Sweet info...

and:

RYO: What was that move?

Which I say in real life whenever someone does something surprising or impressive, like they demonstrate that the lid can come off on the spice grinder in a way I didn't realise before.

The one that sticks in my head is "Hey babyboyryo!" all delivered as if it's one word.

Magnum Valentino

Another few:

Link's "slipping on ice" noises from Wind Waker, sort of a yaaadadaddadada;

The Tekken 2 announcer's lovely reverby pompous booming voice, and making him count down irregularly when you've lost "CONTINUE? 9, 8, sevSIX, 5, 2GAME OVER";

The various scuffy football sounds of World Cup Italia 90 and the immortal "GRAAAAOOOWL" sound when you score a graowl;

"Snake! Did you like my sunglasses?!", and I've been thinking recently about the lovely 'chack' sound of picking up an item;

And lastly the lovely fat sort of 'stamp' sound when you select something in an OPSM demo disc. STAMP!