Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,783
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gagging for a Port

Started by bgmnts, September 09, 2023, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Just thinking of some games that still aren't ported or remastered onto current consoles, and if they should be or not.

My choice would be Jet Set Radio Future. It was released on Xbox in the 2002 and was an urban rollerskating game centred - in my memory- around tagging graffiti and legging it from coppers, all done in a popular-at-the-time cel-shaded artstyle with an ace soundtrack.

Magnum Valentino

Would like to be able to play God of War 1 and 2 on my PS5.

Pink Gregory

Granted it's on Rare Replay, but I'd like to see Viva Pinata on Switch.  I'd love to play it again but it's not really a 'demands your attention' game, perfect for a hybrid handheld.  Seems like the IP has been shelved, maybe there wasn't anything to iterate on after the slightly iterative sequel.

madhair60

i know it's not the same but there was a DS version.

JSRF absolutely needs a port and after Bomb Rush Cyberfunk just dropped (which is JSRF) they really should pull their fingers out and make it happen.

edit: lmao didn't notice you'd linked this

popcorn

F-Zero GX. For fuck's sake give it to me in HD with online play.

Skies of Arcadia.

Mecha Rodney

Quote from: popcorn on September 10, 2023, 01:30:12 AMF-Zero GX. For fuck's sake give it to me in HD with online play.

Dunno if you know but a very reliable leaker said there would be something F-Zero in the next Nintendo Direct coming later this month. Might be bollocks but they've leaked a whole load of stuff that was accurate.

oggyraiding

Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time/Gaia, Terranigma. All in one collection. ActRaiser was made by the same devs (Quintet), and got a full blown remake a few years ago, but the Blazer sort-of-trilogy needs some love too.

There are plenty of Square Enix properties that deserve ports, like I'd love to play Dragon Quest VII on console instead of handheld.

Magnum Valentino

Would also love for Wind Waker to make its way onto Switch so I can get rid of my Wii U.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on September 10, 2023, 08:22:53 AMWould also love for Wind Waker to make its way onto Switch so I can get rid of my Wii U.

I went on a date with a lady who I never saw again once, and it's my greatest regret that I 'lent' her my Gamecube copy of Wind Waker (incidentally the one with Ocarina of Time and Master Quest included) because, while the HD version is fine, it's visually not a patch on the original, but the HD version will now be the one that's officially preserved.

popcorn

Quote from: Mecha Rodney on September 10, 2023, 07:54:23 AMDunno if you know but a very reliable leaker said there would be something F-Zero in the next Nintendo Direct coming later this month. Might be bollocks but they've leaked a whole load of stuff that was accurate.

Oh blimey. Thanks for the tip.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'm sure it's a nightmare of licensing issues, but Marvel Vs Capcom 2 should be available for all. I got 3 on my ps4 and found it very disappointing.