Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Naff game accessories

Started by bgmnts, October 05, 2023, 12:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

I hope you can pull the cord

Cerys

Quote from: madhair60 on October 11, 2023, 03:04:27 PMcounterpoint: that is the coolest thing I have ever seen

Damn right.  I will have twelve.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 11, 2023, 03:56:32 PMI hope you can pull the cord
You sound like my sky diving instructor.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 07, 2023, 04:34:18 PMMan, how much do the go for second hand? Would love to hook that up to a subtractive synth plugin and mount it on a plinth

£230. Treat yourself

PlanktonSideburns

10 years ago I'd have snapped it up, figured out how to convert it into MIDI later

Sonny_Jim

Fairly easy to convert to MIDI, wire up the pots to the analog inputs of a Teensy, although you'll probably need a port expander (MCP23017 or the like) to be able to hook up all the buttons.

(Ok, I lied, it's not easy but I've done something similar and once you've got over the 'How do I do this?' it's not too bad).

This controller isn't 'naff', but it's the one I always bring up in discussions about weird peripherals:

I present to you the 'Rez Trance Vibrator', which was never released outside of Japan and only works with one game, Rez.  From wikipedia:

QuoteThe Trance Vibrator was Mizuguchi's idea, starting as a joke to enhance the visual mechanics of the game.  The concept was born alongside the original plan for Rez when Mizuguchi visited Europe.  While the standard controllers gave good vibration feedback, it only fed into the hands. Mizuguchi's aim with the Trance Vibrator was to allow a player to place it somewhere else in contact with their skin and feel the vibrations from there.  He admitted that this lent itself to situations where it could be used for sexual stimulation.

I nearly bought one about a decade ago, but the thought of using someone elses 2nd hand vibrator unsurprisingly put me off.

I had a Trance Vibrator! I'm not sure how anyone could really get off to it, as it mostly pumps out a four-to-the-floor bass bin simulation. Takes all sorts, I guess.

There's an option to simulate the Trance Vibrator in Rez HD and Rez Infinite by connecting additional controllers. It's just not as good because you won't want to shove £60's worth of Dual Sense into a cushion and sit on it.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 13, 2023, 12:57:21 PMI had a Trance Vibrator! I'm not sure how anyone could really get off to it, as it mostly pumps out a four-to-the-floor bass bin simulation. Takes all sorts, I guess.

There's an option to simulate the Trance Vibrator in Rez HD and Rez Infinite by connecting additional controllers. It's just not as good because you won't want to shove £60's worth of Dual Sense up my arse and prance like a Christmas elf on fire.