Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Steve Brown

Started by agentorange76, February 04, 2024, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentorange76

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2024/feb/04/one-off-talent-uk-comedy-composer-steve-brown-dies-aged-66

Forever he will be Glenn Ponder and Lazarus!

Wrote some great music for memorable shows. Up there with Jonathan Whitehead as a composer IMO.

Glebe

Brundle-Fly

Sad to read about this today, but also surprised to discover that his widow was a lovely girl I used to date at college forty years ago. Doubly sad.

Shaky

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 04, 2024, 06:33:29 PMSad to read about this today, but also surprised to discover that his widow was a lovely girl I used to date at college forty years ago. Doubly sad.

Sounds like a good time to get reacquainted...

Head Gardener

robhug

Quote from: Shaky on February 05, 2024, 05:36:35 AMSounds like a good time to get reacquainted...

Absolutely, you should commiserate but also make your intentions clear.

Rolf Lundgren

Very sad to hear this. Always thought he was an unsung hero of comedy with his collaborations with Harry Hill being the highlight. His lack of respect for Simon Cowell as evidenced in Harry Hill's autobiography shows what type of man he was. A great musician with equally great comic sensibilities is a rare thing.

I was working in Acton about 15 years ago and regularly used to see him in the same sandwich shop. Never went up to him, partly not wanting to disturb him and partly my own fear of not knowing what to say, but always got a kick out of sharing a lunchtime hangout with Glen Ponder.

Glebe

"Surprise in rehearsal Glen, don't surprise me on a live television show."