Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

Started by Glebe, May 29, 2022, 04:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Glebe on April 30, 2023, 02:44:06 PM

Not quite live-action Cal Kestis... two Jokers there an' all.

Can't believe I didn't realise that.

Glebe

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on April 30, 2023, 07:35:33 PMCan't believe I didn't realise that.

Yeah, I mean he only thing I knew Cameron Monaghan from prior to Fallen Order was Gotham, but it took a moment for the Joker connection to click watching that!

oggyraiding

Stuck at (spoiler for late game)

Spoiler alert
Playing as Cere and fighting Darth Vader. She doesn't have as many heals as Cal, and only the single stance, so all my skills and perks I've grown dependant on are no longer in play.
[close]

Thursday

Will not be playing this until they admit they messed up and put the colon in the wrong place.

Glebe

Quote from: Thursday on May 03, 2023, 11:14:24 PMWill not be playing this until they admit they messed up and put the colon in the wrong place.

That's Replies-worthy postin'!

oggyraiding

Finished it (on May the 4th of all days!). I predicted the big twist within 5 minutes of starting the game, so either I'm genre savvy or the writing is a bit clunky. Loved the game though. Other than the odd spike, probably not as hard as Fallen Order, perhaps because you've got way more options in combat. Will definitely be a sequel, as (very big spoilers):

Spoiler alert
There's the stuff with Cal embracing elements of the Dark Side, Bode's daughter, creating a world safe from the Empire.
[close]

Final boss was not too bad compared to final boss of FO, didn't have to turn down the difficulty to beat them like I did in the previous game.

Noodle Lizard

Would you recommend this to someone who's not arsed about Star Wars and hasn't even seen any of them since the Lucas prequels? I do like Sekiro/Souls and the Rise of the Resistance ride at Disney, mind you.

Magnum Valentino

I think it's just a really fun game to play, a nice distillation of popular things from other games from the past ten or more years, beautifully presented. I actually find myself tuning out during the story scenes and I'm a fan of the Star Wars films, the good ones anyway.

So yes. I recommend it.

oggyraiding

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on May 05, 2023, 06:44:44 PMWould you recommend this to someone who's not arsed about Star Wars and hasn't even seen any of them since the Lucas prequels? I do like Sekiro/Souls and the Rise of the Resistance ride at Disney, mind you.

Definitely, it's not too bogged down in lore that it's impenetrable, and the combat is very Sekiro-esque but with multiple difficulty options. Well made semi-Metroidvania action adventure that happens to be Star Wars flavoured.

brat-sampson

The game is fun, but lord it's an absolute turd in terms of performance. Regular frame drops, laggy areas, FPS can't hold up etc. It's a real shame. I'm playing via the EA subscription thing because it's so much cheaper, but kinda wondering if it was worth it over waiting for patches and just playing something else for a week before Zelda consumes the entirety of my existence.

Wonderful Butternut

If you turn off Usage Sharing in the Extras Menu (then restart) that helps with the performance a bit.

oggyraiding

Performance seemed to get worse the further into the game on PS5. Had a couple of crashes to dashboard and couldn't keep up a good framerate. It's not like it's a complex game or has particularly detailed environments, so it doesn't have an excuse for not running well on a current gen console.

brat-sampson

Further in now, and some of the setpieces have been incredible. This feels like GoW 2018-level good in terms of exploration and with much more interesting movement as a focus rather than combat. Sometimes it's just dumb, but honestly at other times it's truly great.

AngryGazelle

Quote from: brat-sampson on May 06, 2023, 01:42:04 PMThe game is fun, but lord it's an absolute turd in terms of performance. Regular frame drops, laggy areas, FPS can't hold up etc. It's a real shame. I'm playing via the EA subscription thing because it's so much cheaper, but kinda wondering if it was worth it over waiting for patches and just playing something else for a week before Zelda consumes the entirety of my existence.

I'm actually annoyed I bought this for full price as the performance is awful and so is the image quality. HDR is broken too.

I've been playing Miles Morales again and the sheer difference in quality is astounding - honestly this should have been delayed, again!

The actual core game is great, though.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: oggyraiding on May 04, 2023, 01:54:09 PMFinished it (on May the 4th of all days!). I predicted the big twist within 5 minutes of starting the game, so either I'm genre savvy or the writing is a bit clunky.

it's a video game, writing is always very poor and clunky

madhair60

the game's good but it made my PC run so hot it full on broke and wouldn't switch on for like 20 mins

Magnum Valentino

This game is deadly craic, but it just lifts so shamelessly from other games. The Force Tears are just those mega sub bosses from God of War, it basically has BOTW Shrines in it, probably loads more I don't even recognize as a casual gamer. Shameless. I do love it though.

Glebe

C_Larence

Heard it barely runs on PS5 so not sure how they're going to manage that.

Glebe

Quote from: C_Larence on August 18, 2023, 06:11:04 PMHeard it barely runs on PS5 so not sure how they're going to manage that.

Two discs/split the game into two downloads or summit?