Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:27:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the concept of a piano bar but a synthesizer bar

Started by Goldentony, October 28, 2021, 11:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

would anyone go to this? same instrument basically, synthesizers are like an advanced piano in every way, a piano with a PC inside!! think of everything you could do compared to the piano while people have supper etc

PlanktonSideburns

Been thinking's about starting this, but with modular synths. Could have a house modular that's making random generated stuff using motion Sensors, randomisers and quantise/tuning bits, have guest rack unit installations, drone/modular gigs in the weekend s

Loads of modular types would love it, uks riddled with em, recon they would drink shit loads

There's even clubs like the Welsh modular alliance, who get together and plug so their stuff together, it's like a modern equivalent of a biker gang or a cricket team

Of course you could get a maker to make you some bespoke units, have a YouTube channel, push that look mum no computer thing

PlanktonSideburns

Best thing about having a modular lift music generator instead of a spotify?

NO PRS BABY

Ferris

PlanktonSideburns

No, but let me get these two sequencers slightly offset and I'll do you a lovely synth cover of Steve reichs piano phase oh wait where are you going come back

Goldentony

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 28, 2021, 11:10:54 PM
Been thinking's about starting this, but with modular synths. Could have a house modular that's making random generated stuff using motion Sensors, randomisers and quantise/tuning bits, have guest rack unit installations, drone/modular gigs in the weekend s

Loads of modular types would love it, uks riddled with em, recon they would drink shit loads

There's even clubs like the Welsh modular alliance, who get together and plug so their stuff together, it's like a modern equivalent of a biker gang or a cricket team

Of course you could get a maker to make you some bespoke units, have a YouTube channel, push that look mum no computer thing

yeah this is what i'm thinking, towering great big fuck off stacks of boxes with wires and impenetrably difficult symbols, sliders and knobs eveywhere out of reach of people, VIP room has the entire Daft Punk Alive 2007 set up for max 35 people

Ferris

Quote from: Goldentony on October 28, 2021, 11:31:50 PM
yeah this is what i'm thinking, towering great big fuck off stacks of boxes with wires and impenetrably difficult symbols, sliders and knobs eveywhere out of reach of people, VIP room has the entire Daft Punk Alive 2007 set up for max 35 people

That won't stop ham-fisted "have a go heroes" at playing them you know. I'm credited on two records with "synthesizers" despite not knowing the first thing about them (behind 'they look like little pianos!')

Cretins like me are ten a penny.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Goldentony on October 28, 2021, 11:31:50 PM

Not a bar but have you seen that look mum no computer guys shop

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 29, 2021, 12:12:51 AM
That won't stop ham-fisted "have a go heroes" at playing them you know. I'm credited on two records with "synthesizers" despite not knowing the first thing about them (behind 'they look like little pianos!')

Cretins like me are ten a penny.

Your cretincoin cashes just as nice

Glebe

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 29, 2021, 01:08:16 AM
Your cretincoin cashes just as nice

Yeah but imagine listening to my fucking racket. Wouldn't wish it on me worst enemy.

PlanktonSideburns

You would be playing the opening night ferris

Synth bar joke:

Hello I would like to by a synth module please, Im after a sine/square wave generator

Analog?

No, just a module thanks
!

Replies From View

I will set up the piano to play a field recording of people eating in a restaurant when I hold down middle C.

Then one note up, exactly the same field recording but a semitone higher and correspondingly faster.  And so on to the highest end of the keyboard, where it will be noticeably faster and higher in pitch than where it started, but not if I climb up the scale sufficiently gradually.

You guessed it:  I will be manipulating the diners into rushing their food and squeaking like idiot mice over the course of the evening

Goldentony

exactly like RIDE ON TIME WALK RIGHT IN WALK WALK WALK RIGHT IN

Replies From View

WALK RIGHT IN

WALK WALK WALK RIGHT IN

what else happens in that thing.  just constantly walking in?

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Replies From View on October 29, 2021, 09:40:54 AM
WALK RIGHT IN

WALK WALK WALK RIGHT IN

what else happens in that thing.  just constantly walking in?

Yeah, in the end everyone in the room dies of asphyxiation because everyone keeps walking right in but no fucker walks out. Disaster.

Replies From View

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on October 29, 2021, 09:48:27 AM
Yeah, in the end everyone in the room dies of asphyxiation because everyone keeps walking right in but no fucker walks out. Disaster.

oh it's lots of them walking in?  I assumed it was just one person caught in an irresolvable loop where they were always walking in but never actually getting into the space they were walking to

your scenario doesn't sound so bad

Replies From View

This would seem to contradict us both, though:

I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between.

Ferris

What about dance floors but it's only them massive floor pianos that lights up?

Paul Calf

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 29, 2021, 08:20:38 AM
You would be playing the opening night ferris

Synth bar joke:

Hello I would like to by a synth module please, Im after a sine/square wave generator

Analog?

No, just a module thanks
!

Do they do liver?

Replies From View

greenman

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 28, 2021, 11:16:51 PM
"Can you do Piano Man? ...no not like that."

"I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore my younger sisters clothes"

Replies From View

hamfist

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

The Dog

Hi is that the synthesiser shop? I'm looking for the most graphic equalisers you've got.

Ian Drunken Smurf