Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:22:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The phrase 'gelatinous beef stock' has been discontinued

Started by Catalogue of ills, November 05, 2021, 10:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue of ills

The authorities, whom I represent, have decreed that the above phrase (I can't mention, it, as it has been discontinued) has been discontinued, redolent as it is of boiled hooves and other bovine unmentionables. If you need to refer to this substance in the future, although really it would be better if you didn't and if we ignored it altogether, you can use the alternative phrase 'sturdy bouillon' as a substitute.

Thank you.

popcorn

Catalogue of ills

Thank you popcorn, for engaging with this announcement in a mature fashion. Could you also stop describing onions as "brown weepers" while we're at it, there's really no need for that either.

popcorn

I need to describe them that way though. or else the bus driver doesn't know what I mean

Catalogue of ills

What? Is this the same driver who refers to fish fingers as having been cut from 'hostage haddocks'? If so, we have previously warned against using their services. Their food hygiene rating is a paltry 2, and the prices are as eye-watering as the onions (not 'brown weepers').

Catalogue of ills

Additionally, please stop referring to suet (beef or vegetable) as 'studgy dumpler'. It's unnecessary and misleading. Thanks.

Glebe