Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 24: OUR party, people!

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 02, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 10, 2019, 09:00:36 AM
hyperbolic much? Yes UK police officers and special forces are going stand by whilst neo-fascists beat up possibly their friends and families.  Get a grip.

I really think people need to keep there feet on the ground just for a wee bit longer.

I agree, all this rush to violence, I'm as angry as the next person and just as guilty of outspoken cuntishness.  But just look at Northern Ireland, if you need an example, the devastation of lives and communities wrought by that eagerness.  Hundreds, probably thousands of perfectly decent human beings shorn of their compassion to the point, in some cases, of acquiescence to indiscriminate murder.  Is that a path to choose without thought?

Dr Rock

If a No Confidence vote was successful, who would the Tories likely go into the election with? Raab? Gove?

Zetetic

Blumf

A pork pie with a little Union Flag stuck on it.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Buelligan on October 10, 2019, 10:18:30 AM
But just look at Northern Ireland, if you need an example, the devastation of lives and communities wrought by that eagerness.  Hundreds, probably thousands of perfectly decent human beings shorn of their compassion to the point, in some cases, of acquiescence to indiscriminate murder.  Is that a path to choose without thought?

There are significant differences between NI troubles and Brexit.  Northern Ireland was annexed by an militarily aggressive imperialist nation (Hi Mum!) and partitioned against its rump sovereign country.  That is why there IS only one border in Ireland and it was put there by the British!  Comparing these two pathways to violence is against your better judgement Buellers and ironically (and obviously unintentionally) is exactly the kind of thing flag shagging Brexiteers would invoke.

The EU has a series of economic and legal agreements with the UK via an elected parliament (Ireland never got to veto the 1922 partition when they realised the NI wouldn't become a free state).  The EU has never put military on the streets of the UK towns, it doesn't even have an army to do this, even if it wanted to. 

In short it doesn't have a violent and recent history with the EU so best we don't pretend in anyway that it does.  Sure some idiots will think they are billy big bollocks but the UK isn't going to support them.

If you are thinking the Gilets then this is a different situation that again the likes of Farage et al want to make seem as the same. 

Buelligan

I completely don't understand anything that you're saying (in the sense that I don't understand its relevance to what I posted).  Clearly, one, or both of us, has not a fucking clue as far as what the other person's saying goes.  Although I might not understand, so could be wrong.

TrenterPercenter

My interpretation was that you were concerned about Brexit and violence occurring and comparing this to recent historical violence in NI?

Buelligan

You could look at it in that way.  My concern is to caution people against too much eager talk of pitchforks and so on, once that cat is out, it's a crazy fucking cat that will fuck us all right up.

Nothing to do with who had an army or what they did, more to do with human nature, individuals egging each other on to the point where they're stuck at each other's throats and can't step back.

Paul Calf

Sorry, I'll be careful not to give the pitchfork-wielding, torch-carrying far right and their amoral establishment masters who believe themselves above the law any ideas that they might not have otherwise had and that they definitely haven't been planning for years.

What a complete fucking waste of time this is.

Buelligan

Great, thanks Paul, I knew you had it in you.

Dr Rock

JC talks of Labour's Plans - live now (possibly the same stuff he said at that meeting the other day though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4-2tAHUSLU

idunnosomename

that guy is a dickhead. Is he funded by tony blair to do his shit centrist comedy?

NoSleep

Does he talk in a Radio 4 comedy voice?

KennyMonster

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 10, 2019, 02:30:58 PM
that guy is a dickhead. Is he funded by tony blair to do his shit centrist comedy?

He was.

He used to be an 'Ollie from The Tick Of It' for Blair

Still supports the 2003 invasion of Iraq as a good thing to this day, not even 'an honest mistake, we were misguided' like most centrist cunts try to wriggle out of accepting responsibility.

I've posted on here a month or two back after seeing his Edingburgh show (friend bought the tickets, they weren't impressed either).

After laying into BJ and Trump with some high satire sub Bremner style impressions he went on to have ago at Corbyn for being a racist just like the papers say, and said ALL  Corbyn supporters were antisemites who disguise their AS beliefs by saying they are 'anti Zionist ' which, according to him is the same thing because we don't want Jews to have a home (Israel).

Anyone want to take a bet on whether or not he mentioned the words 'Palestine' or 'Palestinians' when describing our supposed AS beliefs ?

phantom_power

Quote from: NoSleep on October 10, 2019, 02:41:17 PM
Does he talk in a Radio 4 comedy voice?

No, but he looks like a Tory rugger bugger but pretends to be a bit lefty to fit in with his peers

greencalx

Interesting, my MP has been trigger-balloted. I'm sure that will go down well.

Buelligan

If it's who I think it is he's a bit of cabbage-patch-doll-faced cunt isn't he?  (Not wanting to be lookist but trying to hint at the likeness of the chap you understand).

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 10, 2019, 10:20:36 AM
If a No Confidence vote was successful, who would the Tories likely go into the election with? Raab? Gove?

Boris Johnson :-/

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/10/boris-johnson-election-unpleasant-surprise-opposition

QuoteLabour people may jibe at Jo Swinson's behaviour. Why is she so rudely adamant that she would never back a Corbyn-led government, not even as interim? For the good reason that grown-up Labour supporters need to understand: the seats she can win are virtually all Tory ones and the soft Tory remainers she needs to woo would be frightened off if voting Lib Dem looked like a proxy Corbyn vote. She needs to be as brutally aggressive towards Labour as possible – and Labour people just have to suck it up: the only hope of Labour being the bigger party is for Swinson to win every Tory seat she can

... Or, yknow, that Labour run another amazing campaign that captures the publics imagination for reasons outside Brexit.

Tory voters who are Remainers won't back a rabid Boris Johnson so no, there is no reason for Swinson to be so hostile. At least stress test your own arguments Polly

QuoteCorbyn, on the other hand, campaigns well. He needs a better speechwriter to frame the Brexit debate beyond repetitive mantras on environmental and workers rights. But on both Brexit and state-of-the-nation policies, he has the strongest platform.

Effusive

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Polly-wolly Toynbee-woynbeegrown-up Labour supporters need to understand

Grrr!

Buelligan

Polly Toynbee needs to understand that hurrahing the Liberal Democrats for possibly taking seats off the Tories that Labour can't (which are those) sounds all very fine, until you make the next 5D chess move and realise that those cunts will then, almost inevitably, end up propping up a minority tory government, like they did last time.

And it isn't very fine anyway, making political capital out of shitting on Corbyn and the Labour Party is not fine at all.  It's cuntish.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If Brexit is still up for grabs then they won't join forces with Boris. Opposing Brexit is their oxygen, the only reason they stand out at all.

Yes, the Lib Dems would probably prop up the Tories post-Brexit, Lib Dem gain from Con over Con Hold is a qualitatively better outcome especially with Brexit on the line.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on October 10, 2019, 08:20:59 PM
Polly Toynbee needs to understand that hurrahing the Liberal Democrats for possibly taking seats off the Tories that Labour can't (which are those) sounds all very fine, until you make the next 5D chess move and realise that those cunts will then, almost inevitably, end up propping up a minority tory government, like they did last time.

Absolute nonsense.  The Lib Dems and the Tories are diametrically opposed on the major issue of our time.

idunnosomename

polly is fucking dyed in the wool centrist melt, who gives a fuck what the old lump is puking up

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some of her centrist melt friends will have read her pointing out the bleeding obvious about Corbyn.

Quoteon both Brexit and state-of-the-nation policies, he has the strongest platform.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on October 10, 2019, 08:20:59 PM

And it isn't very fine anyway, making political capital out of shitting on Corbyn and the Labour Party is not fine at all.  It's cuntish.

PITCHFORK HER!!!!