Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB 25th anniversary meetup in Belfast!

Started by lauraxsynthesis, March 23, 2024, 03:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Saturdays can you do?

3 August
5 (38.5%)
10 August
6 (46.2%)
17 August
7 (53.8%)
24 August
7 (53.8%)
31 August
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Brass Moustache

Any suggestions for a venue?
I suggest the Sunflower.

lauraxsynthesis

Bumping this. Shall we go ahead and agree a date soon?

@Brass Moustache yes we're looking for venues, thanks!

The Lurker

Yes, please do as I'm definitely up for this. But I'll let yous all argue amongst yourselves regarding the date.

lauraxsynthesis

Calling it - 1pm on Saturday 31 August. Will make a new thread a bit later.

Magnum Valentino

Brass Moustache

Ronnie the Raincoat

I'd like to come if that's alright! My first meet was 20 years ago!

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on April 16, 2024, 06:55:36 PMI'd like to come if that's alright! My first meet was 20 years ago!

Wahey! You must be a co-host as a Belfastian :D

lauraxsynthesis

In case there's any doubt, everybody is very welcome even if they're a total newbie or haven't posted here since 1999.

I've provisionally booked I think this whole room, which I'm hoping means we can control whether there's music/sport on https://www.laverysbelfast.com/areas/the-ballroom/the-balcony/

McFlymo

Class. I'd love to pop in and perve over all the hot men and make them uncomfortable finally see some of you in real life.

Dex Sawash

I  checked airfare and it's $2000 to fly in from Hooterville, gonna miss it.

madhair60

we're making a weekend of this I assume, so I'd come up on the Friday and cunt off on the Sunday? Is that the plan in general?

lauraxsynthesis

I'm arriving 8pm Friday and leaving Sunday evening

madhair60

any chance of co-ordinating accommodation with anyone who is staying overnight on the Sunday?

Barry Admin

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 16, 2024, 08:55:17 PMIn case there's any doubt, everybody is very welcome even if they're a total newbie or haven't posted here since 1999.

I've provisionally booked I think this whole room, which I'm hoping means we can control whether there's music/sport on https://www.laverysbelfast.com/areas/the-ballroom/the-balcony/

God damn, might have to go to this meet myself!

M-CORP

Quote from: madhair60 on April 21, 2024, 03:28:33 PMany chance of co-ordinating accommodation with anyone who is staying overnight on the Sunday?

I am staying until Monday but already booked an Airbnb room for myself on the Sunday night.

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 16, 2024, 08:55:17 PMI've provisionally booked I think this whole room, which I'm hoping means we can control whether there's music/sport on https://www.laverysbelfast.com/areas/the-ballroom/the-balcony/

Belated 'this looks pukka' vibes

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 21, 2024, 03:42:07 PMGod damn, might have to go to this meet myself!

do it! i want to apologise to you in person for my actions and behaviour

lauraxsynthesis

Imagine we all make the effort to go to a gathering in a country where almost none of us live and Baz doesn't even turn up. Legendary behaviour

If we have 25 years of Cook'd and Bomb'd hoodies printed, what tagline/image should be included? A poll may follow

M-CORP

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 21, 2024, 06:58:37 PMImagine we all make the effort to go to a gathering in a country where almost none of us live and Baz doesn't even turn up. Legendary behaviour

If we have 25 years of Cook'd and Bomb'd hoodies printed, what tagline/image should be included? A poll may follow

"The Queen only managed 70"

pancreas

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 21, 2024, 03:42:07 PMGod damn, might have to go to this meet myself!

I rather thought that was the idea.

Laura wants a man in every port.

pancreas

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 21, 2024, 06:58:37 PMImagine we all make the effort to go to a gathering in a country where almost none of us live and Baz doesn't even turn up. Legendary behaviour

Definitely hoodies? Not socks, hats, scarves, waistcoats, ties, gloves, pajamas, prophylactics etc.

I'd certainly take a hoodie, but I could also take a scarf.

lauraxsynthesis

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: pancreas on April 22, 2024, 01:22:35 PMI rather thought that was the idea.

Laura wants a man in every port.

and who passed that idea on to her?

M-CORP

Quote from: pancreas on April 22, 2024, 01:27:27 PMDefinitely hoodies? Not socks, hats, scarves, waistcoats, ties, gloves, pajamas, prophylactics etc.

I'd certainly take a hoodie, but I could also take a scarf.

What about beanies? Can never have too many beanies. Unless it's not winter, in which case, bucket hats.

Or maybe a 2 in 1 that combines the two, I dunno. Guess you'll see me on Dragons' Den in a year from now...

Mr_Simnock

I'm really into scat (scarf and hat combined), any chance of those being included?

lauraxsynthesis

It's true, I've never had a Norn Irn man and I'm looking for some NI trade.

pancreas

Quote from: M-CORP on April 22, 2024, 02:08:52 PMWhat about beanies? Can never have too many beanies. Unless it's not winter, in which case, bucket hats.

Or maybe a 2 in 1 that combines the two, I dunno. Guess you'll see me on Dragons' Den in a year from now...

Onesies?

king_tubby

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 16, 2024, 08:55:17 PMhttps://www.laverysbelfast.com/areas/the-ballroom/the-balcony/

I was in the Woodworkers, which connects with Lavery's, a fortnight ago. Lavery's was a bit more raucous, but Man Utd vs Liverpool was on the box.

shoulders

QuoteIf we have 25 years of Cook'd and Bomb'd hoodies printed, what tagline/image should be included?

Surely DEAD SOON

DrGreggles

Accommodation reserved.
Won't know until a few weeks before if I can make it though.